Monster Turbine High-Performance In-Ear Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any info on these headphones? They actually call them "
in ear speakers," sounds kinda suspect...plus I don't really trust any "noise cancelling" claim until I can't hear anything but my music on the F Train. I'll post the link, please let me know of any experience/info. Thanks.http://www.electronics-expo.com/make...MHTRBIE/1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Monster (in general) = over priced. I'd look at something from a manufacturer who deals mostly with headphones only.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromodynamic View Post

Anyone have any info on these headphones? They actually call them "
in ear speakers," sounds kinda suspect...plus I don't really trust any "noise cancelling" claim until I can't hear anything but my music on the F Train. I'll post the link, please let me know of any experience/info. Thanks.

FYI - these in ears are not "noise cancelling", they are sound isolating (there is a pretty big difference) noise cancelling is an active process that requires a mic and sound processor to be built into the headphones. sound isolating, which these headphones are, is the process of blocking out external noise by creating a sound barrier within the ear canal by fitting securely and creating a seal so the sound is isolated within the ear. these work fairly good for that, however, not as good as Shure inears do.

I can tell you that the sound quality on these is extremely good. I do not use these particular ones personally, but I have listened to them. I use the Monster Beats In-ears for my daily listening, and they sound great (still a little lacking on the sound isolating feature). All in all I would say that Monster is on the right track for their headphones. I think eventually, they will be known more as a headphone company.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page