Energy 5.1 take classic vs Athena Micra 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2010, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an Athena Micra 6 5.1 set up in my 15 by 15 tv room. I noticed the Energy 5.1 Take classic isavailable at Amazon for a good price. Is the Energy system better than what I currently have? I don't have any complaints about the Athena, but if there is a chance to upgrade at a reasonable price, i may do it if there is a difference. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEELSFINL4 View Post

I currently have an Athena Micra 6 5.1 set up in my 15 by 15 tv room. I noticed the Energy 5.1 Take classic isavailable at Amazon for a good price. Is the Energy system better than what I currently have? I don't have any complaints about the Athena, but if there is a chance to upgrade at a reasonable price, i may do it if there is a difference. Thanks in advance.

I've owned the Athena's for about 6 years and tried the Energy's out for about two months. The Take's are a touch more neutral imo, but it was pretty much a lateral move so I kept the Athena's and sold the others. I did upgrade the sub from the Athena's to a SVS and that made a difference. I would say save your money and get bigger speakers if you want an upgrade.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that the Energy speakers may be a little more neutral, but overall I don't think most people would them an upgrade over the Micra 6. I've heard both systems (not head to head). I can say either system is a fantastic way to get into home theater if you're on the strictest of budgets. I'm not sure you could do any better for the price, new.

They both seem to fulfill the same need, at the same performance levels. Save up for better speakers, keeping in mind you'll be spending a lot more.

Upstairs: Epson 8500UB | Onkyo TX-SR805 | DVDO Edge | DefTech PowerMonitor 700 | ProCenter 2000 | BP2X | AV123 MFW-15 | Onkyo DV-HD805 | Sony PS3 | Pro-Ject 1Xpression III
Downstairs: Panasonic TC-P60VT60 | Onkyo TX-NR818 | Pioneer SP-FS52 | SP-C22 | SP-B22 | MartinLogan Dynamo | Sony BDP-S5100 | Xbox 360 S
Old 06-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i also agree that you may find it a slight move up, but it's basically a lateral move. definitely not worth it from my point of view.