Help buying Wireless speakers for a LG LCD TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey there,
Basically my folks bought an "42 LG 42LD550 LCD TV. Now they want some wireless rear speakers to go with it. What one would normally use as front L & R speakers they want to place as rear speakers instead (if that makes sense).

Let me say they are old fashioned so they're not into anything fancy high tech (apart from the wireless part ;p), or anything that will blast the roof off lol.
I'd say a budget of £150 (apporx $230) would be enough.

How would I go about this then? They are purely into just watching Sky TV, no DVD system or any other media playing device attached. Looking behind the TV it has an optical out port.
Do I need some kind of wireless box with optical in support that can then signal to the wireless rear speakers to operate? Sorry if I'm talking crap but I really haven't a clue.

Some kind of 2.0/2.1 wireless home speaker package would suffice. Even a 5.1 wireless speaker package, if there was one for around a £150/$230 budget.

Also prefer the speakers to be on stands rather than small wall mounted speakers. Can still go for wall mounted speakers if need be.

Any help along with guidance of where to buy would be great thanks
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page