Pioneer's Speaker Genius Hits Low Price Point - Page 201 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6001 of 6016 Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Those look promising, thanks!
I think I saw these recommended before for the Pioneer bookshelf speakers: http://www.amazon.com/SANUS-SYSTEMS-...speaker+stands
Warner2Bruce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6002 of 6016 Old 08-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
wdeydwondrer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Have those for my parent's Sony bookshelves which are about the size of the c22 on end. They've never had a problem with them.
wdeydwondrer is offline  
post #6003 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 05:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The Sanus is also a big improvement on looks.
justdiscovering is offline  
post #6004 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 12,034
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 838
But theyre not adjustable and 31" is probably too short for surrounds.
Bond 007 is online now  
post #6005 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,235
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdiscovering View Post
Yea you're right, I'll try and fiddle woth the f12 in the mean time, my living isn't that big, so I don't need a show stopper of a sub, maybe I can get the f12 to where I need it.
Minidsp sells some great digital eqs for just over $100 that could be used to tune up your sub if the system tuning options of your AVR aren't up to it.

Products like this one can take a lot of angst out of optimizing subwoofers. Its like headphones, I don't know why there is so much heavy breathing about subs when the differences among a lot of them can be tuned out with a good eq.
arnyk is online now  
post #6006 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
But theyre not adjustable and 31" is probably too short for surrounds.
As long as the 31 inches cleared his listening area why wouldn't they be alright?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #6007 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
As long as the 31 inches cleared his listening area why wouldn't they be alright?
I currently have my surrounds' tweeters at ear-level, just as one would want a front speaker. But my impression is that surrounds are supposed to be quite a bit higher, to create a more diffuse sound rather than firing right at the ear. But since the tweeter is more sensitive to position than the woofer, this doesn't entirely make sense to me. Maybe others will weigh in.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is offline  
post #6008 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Nikwasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NC Mountains
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
I currently have my surrounds' tweeters at ear-level, just as one would want a front speaker. But my impression is that surrounds are supposed to be quite a bit higher, to create a more diffuse sound rather than firing right at the ear. But since the tweeter is more sensitive to position than the woofer, this doesn't entirely make sense to me. Maybe others will weigh in.
I have my FS52 surrounds elevated 16" off the floor, which puts them well above seated ear level. They sound better and seem to equalize better at that height. I run my surrounds a little on the hot side, too.
Nikwasi is offline  
post #6009 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Newbie
 
Pentothal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikwasi View Post
I have my FS52 surrounds elevated 16" off the floor, which puts them well above seated ear level. They sound better and seem to equalize better at that height. I run my surrounds a little on the hot side, too.
What did you use to elevate them off the floor?
Pentothal is offline  
post #6010 of 6016 Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Nikwasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NC Mountains
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
What did you use to elevate them off the floor?
I'm using wrought iron plant stands. Yes really. They're just the right height and plenty stable. The stands and the bottom portion of both surrounds are mostly hidden behind furniture so nobody notices, and even if they did I wouldn't care. Sound comes first.

Guerilla audio!

Last edited by Nikwasi; 08-20-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Nikwasi is offline  
post #6011 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Senior Member
 
redfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quick Review


I picked up a pair of Dennis Murphy's Affordable Accuracy BS-22 Mods, and I have been pleasantly satisfied with them. The purchase price for them was 165 plus shipping, and I have them hooked up to an old Pioneer Elite AVR in my bedroom.

I would say they have a nice laid back sound that image pretty well. The mid-bass can sometimes get a bit "busy" (congested might be a better term?), but they are enough quality to separate good and bad recordings pretty easily. I'd definitely recommend them to someone looking for a small setup.

I'm wanting to listen to his modded towers as well at 275 a pair now.

XBL : SAVIOUR KING
redfive is offline  
post #6012 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 05:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfive View Post
Quick Review


I picked up a pair of Dennis Murphy's Affordable Accuracy BS-22 Mods, and I have been pleasantly satisfied with them. The purchase price for them was 165 plus shipping, and I have them hooked up to an old Pioneer Elite AVR in my bedroom.

I would say they have a nice laid back sound that image pretty well. The mid-bass can sometimes get a bit "busy" (congested might be a better term?), but they are enough quality to separate good and bad recordings pretty easily. I'd definitely recommend them to someone looking for a small setup.

I'm wanting to listen to his modded towers as well at 275 a pair now.
What's molded about them?
justdiscovering is offline  
post #6013 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 05:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfive View Post
Quick Review


I picked up a pair of Dennis Murphy's Affordable Accuracy BS-22 Mods, and I have been pleasantly satisfied with them. The purchase price for them was 165 plus shipping, and I have them hooked up to an old Pioneer Elite AVR in my bedroom.

I would say they have a nice laid back sound that image pretty well. The mid-bass can sometimes get a bit "busy" (congested might be a better term?), but they are enough quality to separate good and bad recordings pretty easily. I'd definitely recommend them to someone looking for a small setup.

I'm wanting to listen to his modded towers as well at 275 a pair now.
What's modded about them?
justdiscovering is offline  
post #6014 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Hspecialist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Crossovers, upgraded tweets, and if I recall some enclosure dampening. Smoother response and enhanced resolution.

Brian in Bakersfield...
Hspecialist is offline  
post #6015 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Senior Member
 
redfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here's the link to the Philharmonic website :


http://philharmonicaudio.com/folio-m...ages/AALS.html

I've always really liked the Vifa tweeter.

XBL : SAVIOUR KING
redfive is offline  
post #6016 of 6016 Old 08-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Senior Member
 
coli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Has anyone found speaker stands that put the BS22 at the right height for surrounds, are relatively stable, and not too pricey?
Concrete blocks
coli is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Sp Bs22 Lr , Pioneer , Speakers Subwoofers , Speaker Systems , Pioneer Sp Bs41 Lr 130 Watt Rms 2 Way Speaker , Elite Vsx 31 A V Receiver

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off