post #6031 of 6039 Old 09-14-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
I had purchased these a while back but never got around to having them mounted: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anything else I should consider before I work on getting them mounted or that I should know prior to?
Those are the exact ones I use for my speakers. They are made for square speakers but should work fine with the Pioneers. Get some BluTack and use it to help keep the speakers stuck to the mount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6032 of 6039 Old 09-14-2014, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Those are the exact ones I use for my speakers. They are made for square speakers but should work fine with the Pioneers. Get some BluTack and use it to help keep the speakers stuck to the mount.
That's good to know. I'm not familiar with the BluTack. Do you just apply it over the whole bottom of the speaker?
post #6033 of 6039 Old 09-14-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
That's good to know. I'm not familiar with the BluTack. Do you just apply it over the whole bottom of the speaker?
No. Since the bottom of the speaker is bigger than the mount base you would be able to see it on the speaker. Cover the mount base with it and then put the speaker on it. That way it will never be seen.
It holds really well and will not leave any residue or marks on the speaker. To remove the speaker you just gently pry it up from any corner with a screwdriver or puddy knife and remove slowly.
And, of course, use the clamps on the mount.
My speakers weigh more than the Pioneers and I have the mounts angled all the way down. They havent moved the slightest in about 2 years.
Its a good idea to check the screws every once in a while to make sure the clamps havent loosened any. After about a month I checked them and they had lossened slightly.
post #6034 of 6039 Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
No. Since the bottom of the speaker is bigger than the mount base you would be able to see it on the speaker. Cover the mount base with it and then put the speaker on it. That way it will never be seen.
It holds really well and will not leave any residue or marks on the speaker. To remove the speaker you just gently pry it up from any corner with a screwdriver or puddy knife and remove slowly.
And, of course, use the clamps on the mount.
My speakers weigh more than the Pioneers and I have the mounts angled all the way down. They havent moved the slightest in about 2 years.
Its a good idea to check the screws every once in a while to make sure the clamps havent loosened any. After about a month I checked them and they had lossened slightly.
Thanks for clarifying and the tip! Before I have the 22's installed with that VideoSec speaker clamp I would like to know if there is much of a difference between the 22's and these speakers that are already ceiling mounted in my home: http://www.retrothing.com/2011/06/minimus-speaker.html
post #6035 of 6039 Old 09-17-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying and the tip! Before I have the 22's installed with that VideoSec speaker clamp I would like to know if there is much of a difference between the 22's and these speakers that are already ceiling mounted in my home: http://www.retrothing.com/2011/06/minimus-speaker.html
No specs listed at that link but I think its safe to say it will be a noticeable upgrade.
post #6036 of 6039 Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
No specs listed at that link but I think its safe to say it will be a noticeable upgrade.
Not sure if this helps: http://murphyblaster.com/content.php?f=minimus.html

I am sure you are right but wonder if they would serve well as a 6th and 7th speaker if I kept them ceiling mounted but moved them back some.
post #6037 of 6039 Old 09-17-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Not sure if this helps: http://murphyblaster.com/content.php?f=minimus.html

I am sure you are right but wonder if they would serve well as a 6th and 7th speaker if I kept them ceiling mounted but moved them back some.
Judging by the description they dont handle volume well. They would probably just muddy up the overall sound of your system. Try it and decide.
post #6038 of 6039 Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
How many packages of the BluTack will I need for 2 speakers on these mounts: http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clam...pr_product_top

And if I used 4? Thanks in advance! I have someone coming out this week to do the mounting and wiring and just want to make sure I have enough.
post #6039 of 6039 Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
How many packages of the BluTack will I need for 2 speakers on these mounts: http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Clam...pr_product_top

And if I used 4? Thanks in advance! I have someone coming out this week to do the mounting and wiring and just want to make sure I have enough.
1 pack with 4 pieces will do 2 speakers.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Sp Bs22 Lr , Pioneer , Speakers Subwoofers , Speaker Systems , Pioneer Sp Bs41 Lr 130 Watt Rms 2 Way Speaker , Elite Vsx 31 A V Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page