32Likes

post #6091 of 6109 Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Picked up some SB22's and matching center for basically a song from Amazon. I have them mated up to a Denon E300 and Dayton Sub-1200 subwoofer. For the money I am completely astonished at how good they sound!! These speakers are definitely the real deal and sound much much better than they cost. I will be recommending these for people looking for speakers on a tight budget for sure.
A 4" woofer on these, really How did Jones do it???

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 6109 Old 12-09-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Picked up some SB22's and matching center for basically a song from Amazon. I have them mated up to a Denon E300 and Dayton Sub-1200 subwoofer. For the money I am completely astonished at how good they sound!! These speakers are definitely the real deal and sound much much better than they cost. I will be recommending these for people looking for speakers on a tight budget for sure.
A 4" woofer on these, really How did Jones do it???
You can get even better sound if you do this mods: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=610820

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #6093 of 6109 Old 12-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey guys, I tried searching but didn't find much.... trying to figure out ceiling mount options for the BS22s...

I'm upgrading an older Onkyo HTIB 7.1 system... I've already replaced the front towers and center with FS52s and a CS22 respectively... the side and back surrounds are still the Onkyos though as I haven't yet found a reasonable way to mount the BS22s in their place.

Currently the Onkyos (physically much smaller and capable of having screws drilled into them) are mounted sideways on the side walls using a U-shaped metal bracket just slightly wider open than the speaker is long with a screw in the top and bottom of the speaker... and the rears are mounted from the ceiling behind the center couch angled downward using the same sort of brackets.

I've seen some wall-mount clamp/shelf options that might work for the sides... but there's no way whatsoever we can do anything other than ceiling mount for the rears.... the back wall is another 20 feet behind (the living room is open to the kitchen)- and we can't put stands there- apart from pets knocking them over it'd directly block the path through the living room to the backyard doors.

So anybody got a good solution for this? Thanks.
post #6094 of 6109 Old 12-13-2014, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
post #6095 of 6109 Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
When did you see them for $79.99? It's been $129.99 every time I've checked.
post #6096 of 6109 Old 12-19-2014, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdad123 View Post
When did you see them for $79.99?
In the "TECHNOWONDERS WEEKENDERS" email for Deals which expired at 23:59 PT on Sun 14 Dec 2014.

It seems that the first series speakers continue to be manufactured and sold by NewEgg at the discount prices you see mentioned in this thread: enough that I stopped posting each time I saw one, making an exception for the SP-BS41-LR since everyone deserves a chance to enjoy a SP-FS91-LR.
post #6097 of 6109 Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
In the "TECHNOWONDERS WEEKENDERS" email for Deals which expired at 23:59 PT on Sun 14 Dec 2014.

It seems that the first series speakers continue to be manufactured and sold by NewEgg at the discount prices you see mentioned in this thread: enough that I stopped posting each time I saw one, making an exception for the SP-BS41-LR since everyone deserves a chance to enjoy a SP-FS91-LR.
OK, I must have missed that one since I get their daily emails.
post #6098 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sw-8mk2

hey all, trying to put together my first 'budget-priced' 2.1 audio/home theater system for my average-sized living room. my first concern is with sound quality for music, with tv/movie use being secondary. (i'll only be connecting a cable box and a roku or ps4.)

i already bought a pair of SP-BS22-LRs new, which i'll put on speaker stands on each side of my plasma TV. i'm thinking of completing the system with the following:

-- something like the SW-8MK2 sub from the same andrew jones/pioneer line (i live in an apartment, so i can't really push it very loud); and
-- the yamaha RX-V377BL receiver, which is currently about $220 at best buy.

any reason to do something different, or will this be solid? thanks in advance!
post #6099 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstam42 View Post
hey all, trying to put together my first 'budget-priced' 2.1 audio/home theater system for my average-sized living room. my first concern is with sound quality for music, with tv/movie use being secondary. (i'll only be connecting a cable box and a roku or ps4.)

i already bought a pair of SP-BS22-LRs new, which i'll put on speaker stands on each side of my plasma TV. i'm thinking of completing the system with the following:

-- something like the SW-8MK2 sub from the same andrew jones/pioneer line (i live in an apartment, so i can't really push it very loud); and

The speakers are a great choice, and due to your living conditions, your sub of choice will have to do. I wouldn't purchase the 377 for $220 from Best Buy. Your money can go a lot further IMO. I would get either the Denon e-300 for $159 (not including shipping) or the Denon x1000 for $219 with free shipping from accessories4less.com. These have 1 year warranties, but you can purchase extended ones for very cheap from their website. I don't know about Yamaha's warranty, but I would pick these Denons all day over the Yamaha you are considering. Just a thought.
post #6100 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
awesome, thanks, i'll take a look at those receivers. just out of curiosity, what's the advantage of the denon - just a more reliable brand than yamaha, or more features, or better sound quality, etc.?
post #6101 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 896
Quote:
awesome, thanks, i'll take a look at those receivers. just out of curiosity, what's the advantage of the denon - just a more reliable brand than yamaha, or more features, or better sound quality, etc.?
Certainly not more reliable. I'm curious as well.
post #6102 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
For the sound quality. Both the E300 and X1000 have Audssey, which Yamaha does not. It has YPAO, but it's not able to equalize the subwoofer which is a big advantage to have. I think Denons tend to sound warmer as well. In terms of reliability, I'm not sure you could discredit Denon. They make good products.
post #6103 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post
For the sound quality. Both the E300 and X1000 have Audssey, which Yamaha does not. It has YPAO, but it's not able to equalize the subwoofer which is a big advantage to have. I think Denons tend to sound warmer as well. In terms of reliability, I'm not sure you could discredit Denon. They make good products.
There are different versions of Audyssey. The X1000 will eq the sub. The E300 will not.
Warm is subjective and is most often due to the speakers rather than the receiver.

Last edited by Bond 007; Yesterday at 08:59 PM.
post #6104 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 09:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
These have 1 year warranties, but you can purchase extended ones for very cheap from their website. I don't know about Yamaha's warranty)
The Yamahas have a 2 year factory warranty.
post #6105 of 6109 Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
There are different versions of Audyssey. The X1000 will eq the sub. The E300 will not.
Warm is subjective and is most often due to the speakers rather than the receiver.
That's where you are wrong. It will eq the sub
post #6106 of 6109 Old Today, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Skip the pioneer sub and get a Dayton Sub1200 for $99 from parts express...

and at some point when space allows you might consider moving to a 5.1 system by moving those BS22s to the back and getting FS52s for the front (better speakers for music too) and a CS22 center channel... when they're on sale that's only $170 total for all 3 and a significant upgrade.

On the receiver- this thread will show you the difference in the 2013 Denon models so you can decide which features matter to you and which don't

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

As one point of clarification, the Audessy on both the E-series and the X series tune the subwoofer... the difference is the X series uses higher resolution filters to do so.

If this difference would be significant or noticeable for your situation is a whole other question.

Last edited by Kurtz9; Today at 12:54 PM.
post #6107 of 6109 Old Today, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz9 View Post
Skip the pioneer sub and get a Dayton Sub1200 for $99 from parts express...

and at some point when space allows you might consider moving to a 5.1 system by moving those BS22s to the back and getting FS52s for the front (better speakers for music too) and a CS22 center channel... when they're on sale that's only $170 total for all 3 and a significant upgrade.

On the receiver- this thread will show you the difference in the 2013 Denon models so you can decide which features matter to you and which don't

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

As one point of clarification, the Audessy on both the E-series and the X series tune the subwoofer... the difference is the X series uses higher resolution filters to do so.

If this difference would be significant or noticeable for your situation is a whole other question.
Right, the E-300 is only MultiEQ, whereas the X1000 is MultiEQ XT. More points for the mic for calibration and increase in filters. XT is worth the extra moola.
post #6108 of 6109 Old Today, 01:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Right, the E-300 is only MultiEQ, whereas the X1000 is MultiEQ XT. More points for the mic for calibration and increase in filters. XT is worth the extra moola.
There's no "i" in MultEQ.
Seems like it used to be that only XT and XT32 eqd the subwoofer. That change recently?
post #6109 of 6109 Old Today, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
There's no "i" in MultEQ.
Seems like it used to be that only XT and XT32 eqd the subwoofer. That change recently?
You think I would have spelt that correctly considering I went to the district championship for the spelling bee in 5th grade. I'm not sure when MultEQ started eq the sub. I know it's been there since at least 2009.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Sp Bs22 Lr , Pioneer , Speakers Subwoofers , Speaker Systems , Pioneer Sp Bs41 Lr 130 Watt Rms 2 Way Speaker , Elite Vsx 31 A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page