Is there any type of crosstalk or interference when stringing speaker wire together? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi folks. I'm reorganizing my wiring behind my component stand and my plan is to have a long run where all 5 speaker's wire will be strung together touching one another in a long string grouped together. Any problem like that with crosstalk or interference with one another? Thanks.

Denon x2300w
XBox One S
Sony BDP-S6500
Apple TV4
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
vraxoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post

Hi folks. I'm reorganizing my wiring behind my component stand and my plan is to have a long run where all 5 speaker's wire will be strung together touching one another in a long string grouped together. Any problem like that with crosstalk or interference with one another? Thanks.

While it's conceivable that there could be measurable levels of crosstalk, I can't imagine that you would ever encounter anything even approaching audible levels with shielded cable. Now, low level interconnects can be another story completely.
vraxoin is online now  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post

While it's conceivable that there could be measurable levels of crosstalk, I can't imagine that you would ever encounter anything even approaching audible levels with shielded cable. Now, low level interconnects can be another story completely.

I know this is a dumb question but I'm going to ask......what are low level interconnects? EDIT: aka crappy speaker wire?

Denon x2300w
XBox One S
Sony BDP-S6500
Apple TV4
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
vraxoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post

I know this is a dumb question but I'm going to ask......what are low level interconnects? EDIT: aka crappy speaker wire?

Oh, sorry! By "low-level interconnect", what I'm referring to would typically be the cables connecting, say, a pre-amp to an amp or a CD player to a receiver, etc., and not the speaker cables.
vraxoin is online now  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
FuzzyReets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post

Oh, sorry! By "low-level interconnect", what I'm referring to would typically be the cables connecting, say, a pre-amp to an amp or a CD player to a receiver, etc., and not the speaker cables.

Okay so you think I'm good grouping speaker wire together. HDMI cables together would have no problem correct?

Denon x2300w
XBox One S
Sony BDP-S6500
Apple TV4
LG OLED65B6p
FuzzyReets is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CANADA
Posts: 7,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyReets View Post

Okay so you think I'm good grouping speaker wire together. HDMI cables together would have no problem correct?

Yes and yes.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

cavu is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
vraxoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 757
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Yeah, a bundled, parallel HDMI run should be AOK.
vraxoin is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off