Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-14-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.552941

Klipsch HD 500 and ONKYO HT-RC260

I was also considering the same receiver with this speaker set - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882290174

Any opinions on those options or any other better options. Id like to stay under 600 dollars.

Thanks

EDIT: I also like this set as well (Denon 591BA)- http://www.amazon.com/Denon-DHT-591B.../dp/B003H04Q7S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-14-2010, 01:58 PM

The klipsch I've listened to I've liked, but some people think the tweeters are too harsh. IMO, better bang for the buck going for 2.1 for music. If this is for home theater, you need a center speaker as well.

IIRC I've listened to that exact set of Klipsh and I liked it. The subwooferhas 2 8" drivers and is really tight, but not very deep.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-14-2010, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonengine View Post

The klipsch I've listened to I've liked, but some people think the tweeters are too harsh. IMO, better bang for the buck going for 2.1 for music. If this is for home theater, you need a center speaker as well.

IIRC I've listened to that exact set of Klipsh and I liked it. The subwooferhas 2 8" drivers and is really tight, but not very deep.

It will be for home theater

Ive also heard people say that the highs are harsh, i think ill probably end up having to listen to it in person before i buy it
post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2010, 02:15 PM

Always the best. Just remember speakers will never sound as good in your home as they do in a proper display (unless you've treated your home). I also advise buying used, off of craigslist or ebay. Just make sure you actually listen to the setup before exchanging money.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Denon 591 vs Onkyo rc260 is a wash. Both are excellent budget receivers. The Onkyo more power but the Denon has a better version of Audyssey room correction so pick the one that means more to me. As far as the speakers go none are going to be all that great because the satellites and subwoofers are so anemic but they are a start. Speakers are so subjective that I'd try to find them at a Best Buy and listen and see which you like better.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page