SVS SB02 vs Infinity Primus 162 vs Polk Monitor 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a setup for my in-laws basement. Sub I am planning on a Epik Legend or Lava LSP12
Receiver Onkyo 608

Speaker wise looking at
4 SVS SB02 and a SCS02
or
2 Polk Monitor 40, 2 Monitor 30 and a CS2
or
4 Infinity Primus P162 and a Primus Center

They are not audiophiles or anything, just want some good sound at a good price. But for me I want something decent when I go there as well. Basement is probably 20x35x8 sealed. Total 5.0 speaker budget is $700 or less if there are any other ideas.

Any Thoughts??
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Go for the Primus, and make sure you get the c350 center. The Primus speakers will have more output, which is important for your large room, and the Primus c350 center would likely be the best center in that bunch. Those are great speakers. If you want to save a little bit of money you could go with primus p152 for the rears, you wouldn't really be losing anything back there but I would definitely go with the p162's for the fronts.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

Go for the Primus, and make sure you get the c350 center. The Primus speakers will have more output, which is important for your large room, and the Primus c350 center would likely be the best center in that bunch. Those are great speakers. If you want to save a little bit of money you could go with primus p152 for the rears, you wouldn't really be losing anything back there but I would definitely go with the p162's for the fronts.

I can;t seem to find the C350 center anywhere, but also hoping that won't push it over budget for them.
post #4 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater View Post

I can;t seem to find the C350 center anywhere, but also hoping that won't push it over budget for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Primu.../dp/B000M687JI

Afro GT
post #5 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks,
Also wondering if I went for the Polks if I could use the CS2 center with the dual 6.5s instead of the cs1 with dual 5.5s, or if the gains would be minimal or problematic with the other speakers having 5.5's, thinking maybe it would have bigger sound for dialogue.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater View Post

Thanks,
Also wondering if I went for the Polks if I could use the CS2 center with the dual 6.5s instead of the cs1 with dual 5.5s, or if the gains would be minimal or problematic with the other speakers having 5.5's, thinking maybe it would have bigger sound for dialogue.

Any of the monitor speakers pair well, so CS1 or CS2 will both sound good. Of the two CS2 is the better speaker so if you can swing it go for it....

I would go with the SVS speakers myself since they have a really good bang for the buck and are a great company!

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

post #7 of 7 Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The CS2 is on sale at NewEgg. Great Price. I got the Monitor 60's series 2 and the CS2 today.

edit. WHOOPS, sale ends tonight... sorry I didn't post sooner for ya.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page