Klipsch RF-7 II - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is this home theatre "package" worth the money and offering a good solution for music and home theatre? I would add SW 311 sub or some other sub....

-Trey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Have you listened to them? Klipsch are in your face horns and some people love them and others can't stand them. I have some and really like them in the theater room for dynamics and subtle details. That is a pretty expensive package new and you could probably find something comparable for a better price, although I would love to have that package. You might want to listen to different types of speakers with your own material you are familiar with to find out what sound you like.

Don't pay that for the Klipsch sub, it is not worth it. Go to the subwoofer area here and look around for Internet Direct brands. Subs don't need to match speakers and you can get so much more bang for the buck.
post #3 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragno View Post

Is this home theatre "package" worth the money and offering a good solution for music and home theatre? I would add SW 311 sub or some other sub....

No doubt that system is NICE!! but I would rather have the RF-63's instead of the RF-7's keep the center the RC-64 and RF-62 for surrounds and either a hsu or svs sub and all that would be cheaper than the RF-7 package

either system imo would be killer for music and movies
post #4 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM88 View Post

No doubt that system is NICE!! but I would rather have the RF-63's instead of the RF-7's keep the center the RC-64 and RF-62 for surrounds and either a hsu or svs sub and all that would be cheaper than the RF-7 package

either system imo would be killer for music and movies

Why would you rather have the RF-63 than the RF-7II? {edit: I also am a fan of having towers as side surrounds but I imagine you meant RS-62.}
post #5 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragno View Post

I don't know what package you are talking about but Klipsch reintroduced the RF-7II as their top-of-the-line Reference speaker because of the popularity of the RF-7s and gave the RC-64 a larger compression driver for the horn so it could keep up....It should be an awesome Home Theater for both music and movies, but the best bang-for-your- buck is going to find the original RF-7/RC-7 in your local market and purchasing side surrounds to match them, imo.
post #6 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

I would loveto buy something used but currently living in Singapore where finding precisely what i want is difficult in the used market.

The new market has plenty to choose from.

The home theatre package i speak of is the only one labelled RF-7 II under the home theatre packages on the klipsch website.

-Trey
post #7 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't know what price you are paying for it in Singapore but the RF-7II package is definitely one to consider at the MSRP price point. Good luck {edit: Btw, I own several Klipsch HTs and haven't felt the need to upgrade since purchasing my RF-7s 8 years ago.}
post #8 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

...I don't know what price you are paying for it in Singapore but the RF-7II package is definitely one to consider at the MSRP price point. Good luck {edit: Btw, I own several Klipsch HTs and haven't felt the need to upgrade since purchasing my RF-7s 8 years ago.}

I am at least feeling better about the choice. The price is very close to what authorized resellers are selling for online and on e-bay (approx 10%) and less warranty period but at least they are authorized reseller (found via klipsch.com).

I would love to get original series RF-7 but likely not possible here so i will go for what i think is next best thing. I really enjoyed some avantgarde speakers but a little steep on the price.

-Trey
post #9 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Why would you rather have the RF-63 than the RF-7II? {edit: I also am a fan of having towers as side surrounds but I imagine you meant RS-62.}

I'd rather have those because they match alot better with the 3 6.5 woofers i do understand the RC-64 has the 1.75 horn rather than the 1 inch in the rest of the system i suggested but I feel that the rf-7's would overpower the rc-64 imo plus I am a fan of having the center channel be the best speaker in your lineup . either choice you make op i think your getting one hell of a system
post #10 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd rather have those because they match alot better with the 3 6.5 woofers i do understand the RC-64 has the 1.75 horn rather than the 1 inch in the rest of the system i suggested but I feel that the rf-7's would overpower the rc-64 imo plus I am a fan of having the center channel be the best speaker in your lineup . either choice you make op i think your getting one hell of a system

You may want to reconsider your opinion given that Klipsch redesigned the RC-64II to be voice-matched to the RF-7IIs and not the RF-63s...Insofar as the RF-7s overpowering the RC-64II, they are in 2 dB of each other so that is not a problem. {edit: Btw, the RF-63 and RF-83 are nice speaker but were voice-matched and designed with the former RC-64 in mind.}
post #11 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
You may want to reconsider your opinion given that Klipsch redesigned the RC-64II to be voice-matched to the RF-7IIs and not the RF-63s...Insofar as the RF-7s overpowering the RC-64II, they are in 2 dB of each other so that is not a problem. {edit: Btw, the RF-63 and RF-83 are nice speaker but were voice-matched and designed with the former RC-64 in mind.}
hmm thanks Zen for the insight I didn't realize the rc-64 II has been changed all that much from the original rc-64 . You seem to be very knowledgeable in klipsch . But just to clear up if op were to get the rf-63's the former rc-64 would be way better match ? I'll remember that info too if i ever get to upgrade to klipsch
post #12 of 24 Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
... But just to clear up if op were to get the rf-63's the former rc-64 would be way better match ?
I can't address the "way better," part but Klipsch did design the RC-64 to work with those speakers and feel you are correct. I also am not gleaning from what I am reading that the new RC-64 would be the best match for the older RF-7s, but am curious how different it is than the RC-7 that was designed to go with them.
post #13 of 24 Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

I finally got my speakers. Amazing! They sound great with my Pioneer SC-37.

They did arrive scratched but replacements will be arriving with the next shipment.

I am looking forward to many years of listening enjoyment!

-Trey
post #14 of 24 Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 27
So how are they still sounding? Thread has been dead for a while so who else has gotten these and what do you think of them?
post #15 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 AM

smile.gif
post #16 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
My 3 RF7IIs across the front still amazes me for HT/Music and I've had them for 2 yrs. or so.biggrin.gif

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #17 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

My 3 RF7IIs across the front still amazes me for HT/Music and I've had them for 2 yrs. or so.biggrin.gif
What made you go for 3 mains as opposed to a center channel speaker? And what do I dare ask do you use for your surrounds?
post #18 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Just RS62IIs for surrounds. 5.1 setup with a SV PB13 ultra. Eventually I want to go 9.2 with my Denon A100 and Emotiva XPA3. This article got my attention for three towers across the front. At one time I had a horizontal but with 3 towers the soundstage is seamless going across the front. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=89614

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #19 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post

Just RS62IIs for surrounds. 5.1 setup with a SV PB13 ultra. Eventually I want to go 9.2 with my Denon A100 and Emotiva XPA3. This article got my attention for three towers across the front. At one time I had a horizontal but with 3 towers the soundstage is seamless going across the front. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=89614
That is a very different way of doing things? Do you really see that big of a difference, or should I say hear that big of a difference?
post #20 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Yeah a big difference. Since going to 3 towers across the front everything blends in better. Seamless soundstage across the front. With horizontal center I would miss some dialogue during movies but I have not had that problem since putting 3 matching speakers across the front. The reason I put a ceiling mount up for my 50" is so I could do this. I also have a Vutec 110" AT screen I drop down for blu-ray movie night or sporting events.

post #21 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I know, old thread.

I pieced together my Klipsch RF-7 II system. Even without sound treatments and using a modest Pioneer Elite SC-61 receiver, it's the best thing I've ever heard personally. Are there better options that exist in the world? Of course. Do they cost more? Probably. I grew up around Klipsch speakers and have always had a certain soft spot for them. The RF-7 II system is very well engineered, made in the USA, and has a beautiful wood veneer exterior.

The thing that is great about the Klipsch system is that I'd say it's equally good at HT and music, I'd consider it a jack of all trades. If you search around for individual pieces, you can piece together the same kit for far less money.

I bought my cherry RF-7 II's and RC-64 II from one shop, the rear RS-62 II's from AVScience, and got 2 Klipsch RW12D subs from newegg for a steal. The entire thing was substantially less than MSRP, which even MSRP for this package is reasonable for what you get. If you're not in the US that may be harder to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #22 of 24 Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post

I know, old thread.

I pieced together my Klipsch RF-7 II system. Even without sound treatments and using a modest Pioneer Elite SC-61 receiver, it's the best thing I've ever heard personally. Are there better options that exist in the world? Of course. Do they cost more? Probably. I grew up around Klipsch speakers and have always had a certain soft spot for them. The RF-7 II system is very well engineered, made in the USA, and has a beautiful wood veneer exterior.

The thing that is great about the Klipsch system is that I'd say it's equally good at HT and music, I'd consider it a jack of all trades. If you search around for individual pieces, you can piece together the same kit for far less money.

I bought my cherry RF-7 II's and RC-64 II from one shop, the rear RS-62 II's from AVScience, and got 2 Klipsch RW12D subs from newegg for a steal. The entire thing was substantially less than MSRP, which even MSRP for this package is reasonable for what you get. If you're not in the US that may be harder to do.

Just cause its old does not mean it cant be brought up again! I am guessing not to many people have bought this set up as there are hardly anyone talking about this set up at all.
post #23 of 24 Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Count me in as another proud owner of the RF-7 II system. I bought the RF-7 II, RC-64 II, RS-62 II and SW-311 last month. For HT, it is amazing with just the 3 fronts and the sub. Haven't mounted the surrounds yet because I haven't got the time to do the wiring around the room. For music, it is equally awesome as it's so much smoother and transparent and has a deeper soundstage than my RF-62 II.

The RF-7 II crossover network seems to be more complex than the lower RF models. The RF-7 II has a double deck PCB layers while the lower RF models have only one PCB layer with less caps and inductors.
post #24 of 24 Old 05-11-2013, 07:51 PM

Liked: 16
pictures please! im drooling over these for a long time now. $$$$$$$$$$!!

XIM edge, ps3, yamaha RX-A1000, adcom GFAii, polk SDA2a, 65" toshiba LCD......more and more to come.....work, work, work!!!!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf7ii Reference Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Black B Stock , Speaker Systems , Klipsch Rf7black Classic Tower Speaker Black , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page