Determining speaker value - Atlantic technology T-70 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using Atlantic Technology's T-70 5.1 speaker setup for about ten years. For its $1000 price, it's been a really great bunch of speakers. The subwoofer has been making some nasty sounds recently, and needs replacing or repairing (I'm guessing that its amp is dying - it's buzzing, it's popping and grumbling when hitting certain frequencies, etc). I decided to use that as an excuse to upgrade my speakers overall.

Now I'm left in the position of selling my T-70 speakers once I buy and receive my new ones. I know speakers tend to hold their value pretty well if they're treated well, but I don't know how well, so I'm not sure how to determine the value of these five speakers (and two stands, on which the surrounds are mounted)... I say five speakers and not 6 because the subwoofer is on the fritz, and I figure I'll give the buyer the option of taking it for free and trying to repair it or leaving it for me to toss into the trash. I also don't see any on eBay to make for a convenient comparison.

Can anyone give me any insight into the sale value of these speakers?

Erik Harris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is pretty funny. I just got into some new speakers for pretty much the exact same reasons with the exact same set of speakers, sub going tu. I'm also curious what the market would be for the T-70s in case I decide to sell them. Right now they are being integrated into a 7.1 for me.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page