post #31 of 35 Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride525 View Post

Gosh, the OP has a brand new Denon receiver, with 125 watts per channel. Shouldn't that be enough to drive the Sierra's, especially if the gets the new NrT upgrade?

I have the same receiver, with my Sierra's. My previous speakers had rated sensitivity of 90db, and I don't really notice any more difficulty in driving the new Sierra's vs. my old speakers.

Maybe Brandon, or others that have Sierra's can comment.

That is more than plenty for the Sierras. Impedance is as big a factor as sensitivity is for driving speakers. The Sierras have a fairly easy impedance. You will find 15 watt tube guys that are happy with their Sierra 1s over on the Ascend Forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 12-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon View Post

Holy cow! How did those make it though QC? Do they subscribe to the AV123 no QC philosophy? I'd be disputing those shipping charges with my credit card company if someone sent me that junk. That is the worst cabinetry I've ever seen. That is worse than AV123's first Colombian cabinets.

There are two sides to the story. If you read through the thread, the OP agreed to return the subs according to CHT's return policy which is paying shipping both ways, he posted magnified pictures of what may be more minor flaws. And still Craig agreed to credit the shipping charges and is also making a donation to charity.
post #33 of 35 Old 12-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride525 View Post

There are two sides to the story. If you read through the thread, the OP agreed to return the subs according to CHT's return policy which is paying shipping both ways, he posted magnified pictures of what may be more minor flaws. And still Craig agreed to credit the shipping charges and is also making a donation to charity.

Considering the sub's leg is visible for context they aren't that blown up. After the AV123 charity theft stuff someone is going to have to show me their tax return before I believe claimed charitable contributions.
post #34 of 35 Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon View Post

Holy cow! How did those make it though QC? Do they subscribe to the AV123 no QC philosophy? I'd be disputing those shipping charges with my credit card company if someone sent me that junk. That is the worst cabinetry I've ever seen. That is worse than AV123's first Colombian cabinets.

Oddly or ironically, There is a real connection business/social between those companies.

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #35 of 35 Old 12-24-2010, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Um...

Forgot to mention room is about 20 by 30 if it matters.

Guys, you can forget about Totems in that room. That is a HUGE room and if he is listening more then 10 feet back, you might as well forget about Sierras!!

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page