Have Denon AVR 1911 A/V rec. Desperately looking for Speakers to match - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys purchasing my first home theatre, the more I look and research the more options open up and now I'm utterly confused.

Denon AVR 1911 A/V
Budget ~ USD $3000.
Room size roughly 400 sq. ft
Looking for emphasis on vocals - movies
I've been to a few AV trial rooms now and I haven't yet found Wall-Mounted speakers that compare to Floorstanding, so leaning towards the latter unless something really good in the former category is recommended.

I also don't necessarily need a 5.1 because of my budget, will be more than happy with a high-quality 2.1 system.

I tried my best to find a nice setup on my own but went to Harrods in London today - a prestigious store - and the salesperson recommended me B&W CM7s. When I got back, found out they had been discontinued and lost all hope

Any input whatsoever will be hugely appreciated. If I've omitted any additional helpful information please let me know.

Thanks a lot guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What have you listened to so far besides B&W. It took me several months of listening before I made a decision. I have a denon 3310 with Paradigm studios. I love my setup but everybody has different taste. I personally liked the Paradigm studio series better than the B&W CM series but I've seen other people who are the exact opposite. You really have to do some quality listening. Have you listened to the studio 60s or the SE3s?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page