Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 and Axiom M2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard both the Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 and the Axiom M2 speakers? I am leaning toward the Axiom, but would appreciate any comments anyone might have who has heard both. (I expect to use these for LF, C, and LR in a 7.1 system.) The specs looks comparable, each with 5 1/2" midrange and 1" tweeter, but with Definitive Technology claiming a much wider frequency response. I'm suspicious of frequency response claims, and suspect the speakers are quite similar in that regard actually. Any thoughts?

Thanks and Aloha,
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahalu'u Bob View Post

Has anyone heard both the Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 and the Axiom M2 speakers? I am leaning toward the Axiom, but would appreciate any comments anyone might have who has heard both. (I expect to use these for LF, C, and LR in a 7.1 system.) The specs looks comparable, each with 5 1/2" midrange and 1" tweeter, but with Definitive Technology claiming a much wider frequency response. I'm suspicious of frequency response claims, and suspect the speakers are quite similar in that regard actually. Any thoughts?

Thanks and Aloha,
Bob

I havn't heard the Axiom's but I've heard the PM1000's and there really good. Considering a pair myself for heights. Best Buy has them on display if you have one near you. You can get nice mount for it that threads in if needed.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I went by to listen to them today.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Cool, how did you like them? What kinda music did you bring with you? Did you demo them with or without a sub? I like to demo speakers without a sub to get a better understand of it's midrange and highs.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

They sounded a bit thin to me. I listened to Eric Clapton and the Beatles. I don't think it was the speaker's fault, I think Best Buy was having trouble with its equipment set-up. I'll need to try them again. I did try with and without a sub-woofer.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page