Selecting Wides - How Good is Too Good? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm currently running an 11.2 system off my Denon 4311 (see my profile for all system specs). However, I seem to have a bad case of speakeritus.

I'm currently running Atlantic Technology FS3200s on pedestals for my wides (leftovers from my old 7.2 system). Now I'm wondering if I can improve the sound quality from my wides by upgrading to some pedestal-based AT 4400 LR or AT 6200e LR.

I understand that wides are mostly for discrete sound, but if my overall soundstage and quality of sound can be improved by upgrading those wides (even if by a small margin), then I have no problem spending the cash for the better speakers. That being said, I don't want to spend that money unless my purchase will yield some kind of noticeable improvement.

Does anyone have any experience as to the difference quality makes in wide speaker selection?

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page