New fan of Chase Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 166
First off, thanks to all those on the forum. I began lurking about a year ago in anticipation of my new home theater. The companies and education that I was exposed to on the forum are things that I would not have without the members of AVS.

Now, I had the pleaseure today, to speak for about a hour or so with Craig. What his company is doing for guyslike me(those with champagne taste and beer pockets) is incredible. I have considered everything form Catalysts, to Triple12, to JBL Pro cinema speakers and everyhing in between. I haven't ben able to audition anything in these lines before purchasing. what I have had, is the opportunity to hear everything from Klipsch, Paradigm, B&W, etc.etc. and none of the products I heard did exactly what I wanted, and they all cost much more than a few sho10s. I almost ordered some JBL(thanks to MKTheater), almost JTR(thanks to RMK) and almost spent more than I have on Catalyst(fugueness' fault). In the end, I realized that my budget really should have been smaller from the start and I couldn't bring myself to put out $20k on equipment alone.

Now, $4k on 7-sho10s and an 18.2(to start anyway) is something I can handle. I have not heard any of them yet, but my better judgement tells me that this system will come as close to what I want, and for a reasonable price as anything. I guess I rambled on a bit, but it means a great deal to me to be able to put togther a room like this(affordably) and myself, my wife and most importantly my kids will enjoy for years to come. I am looking forward to the arrival of the new sho10s at Cahse and being one of the first to have them. Once I do, I will post pics and my impressions. For now, I will just say that Craig is a pleasure to deal with, and I am sure the product will be too!
binarysoldier likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Congrats on your purchase. I too, have had the serious itch to pick up some SHO 10's for my HT. Unfortunately, the budget won't allow it for some time to come. Looking forward to your review.

Dumb enough to spend lots of cash on this junk!
post #3 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 AM

Liked: 26
Kevlar Helmet----Check
Flack Jacket-----Check
Popcorn----Popping

Looks at watch----waits for hordes to arrive.......

post #4 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM

In all seriousness now.....I am happy for you....trying to talk my Dad into this system...he's a movie nut and does not have a ton of extra cash to layout on audio.

post #5 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys, I didn't actually purchase them yet. I was going to buy the existing sho10s today but in talking with Craig, we decided that I should wait for the new batch in Feb. He is set to call me as soon as they are in, and ship em right out.

Matman, I expect to hear some nonse, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why these guys give Craig a hard time. I am a tough customer, demanding, want extra product of rless money, etc.etc. all the things that make a nightmare customer..Craig was great with me and I know reputable poster on this site that have used his products with great results, so I am still confused as to why some bash him.
post #6 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 PM

I knew the 18.2 series is having the new finish, and it looks like you'll be getting the first batch of sho's with the new finish as well. Let us know how they look and more importantly (at least to me) how they sound.

post #7 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Liked: 16
ChopShop1 - why the delay? Is he coming out with newer models or is it just more product being shipped in?
post #8 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopShop1 View Post

First off, thanks to all those on the forum. I began lurking about a year ago in anticipation of my new home theater. The companies and education that I was exposed to on the forum are things that I would not have without the members of AVS.

Now, I had the pleaseure today, to speak for about a hour or so with Craig. What his company is doing for guyslike me(those with champagne taste and beer pockets) is incredible. I have considered everything form Catalysts, to Triple12, to JBL Pro cinema speakers and everyhing in between. I haven't ben able to audition anything in these lines before purchasing. what I have had, is the opportunity to hear everything from Klipsch, Paradigm, B&W, etc.etc. and none of the products I heard did exactly what I wanted, and they all cost much more than a few sho10s. I almost ordered some JBL(thanks to MKTheater), almost JTR(thanks to RMK) and almost spent more than I have on Catalyst(fugueness' fault). In the end, I realized that my budget really should have been smaller from the start and I couldn't bring myself to put out $20k on equipment alone.

Now, $4k on 7-sho10s and an 18.2(to start anyway) is something I can handle. I have not heard any of them yet, but my better judgement tells me that this system will come as close to what I want, and for a reasonable price as anything. I guess I rambled on a bit, but it means a great deal to me to be able to put togther a room like this(affordably) and myself, my wife and most importantly my kids will enjoy for years to come. I am looking forward to the arrival of the new sho10s at Cahse and being one of the first to have them. Once I do, I will post pics and my impressions. For now, I will just say that Craig is a pleasure to deal with, and I am sure the product will be too!

http://www.chasehometheater.com/

News - January 21, 2011

OK; technology apparently has a sense of humor. Email is working, but the phones are throwing another temper tantrum, so we can't talk to anybody right now.

If their phones are down how could you speak to them today??

I'm just asking??

Maybe this world is another planet's hell.
Aldous Huxley
post #9 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

The troll rears his ugly head again.

post #10 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
What is your problem? Do you ever post anything useful?

Referring to victor
post #11 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 View Post

ChopShop1 - why the delay? Is he coming out with newer models or is it just more product being shipped in?

I guess, in addition to the new finishes, there will be some slight changes to the sho10(port changes).

And for the those interested...I was able to speak to Craig because I pm'd him last night with my cell # and he called me this morning from his personal phone and spent about an hour tallking with me about my setup.
post #12 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman1970 View Post

I knew the 18.2 series is having the new finish, and it looks like you'll be getting the first batch of sho's with the new finish as well. Let us know how they look and more importantly (at least to me) how they sound.

Seconded. I would definitely love to see some high res photos once they arrive!
post #13 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Liked: 10
Victor if you are going quote something, why not give the full quote?
post #14 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvictorg View Post

http://www.chasehometheater.com/

News - January 21, 2011

OK; technology apparently has a sense of humor. Email is working, but the phones are throwing another temper tantrum, so we can't talk to anybody right now.

If their phones are down how could you speak to them today??

I'm just asking??

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!! Pow...Zing......Kerplow!!!!

post #15 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:

I guess, in addition to the new finishes, there will be some slight changes to the sho10(port changes).

And for the those interested...I was able to speak to Craig because I pm'd him last night with my cell # and he called me this morning from his personal phone and spent about an hour tallking with me about my setup.

C'mon now!!! Your going to have to do better than that!!! What was the color of the phone you were using?? What ring-tone did it have?? How did you know it was really Craig and not some cyborg that had disposed of Craig and was mimicking his voice (think I saw that in a movie so its possible). Sheesh...the lack of detail is making me nervous already......Good Job cvictorg!!!!!

post #16 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

funny stuff..not sure why so many are paranoid about Craig..."how did you talk to him if the phone lines are down?? You must be a liar". hahahaha
post #17 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

did you really need to start another thread.. there is an ongoing one.

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #18 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post

did you really need to start another thread.. there is an ongoing one.

That is great, but I don't see people complaining about 127 ED threads, or 56 Seaton sound threads...no offense to those guys, but why can't I start a thread about my adventure in my first home theater.

I love the information and education you can get on this forum, but really guys?? "did you really need to start another thread", I have a questions, do you really feel the need to act like the cappo of the internet mafia?? Its kind of sad to see grown men act like that.

In any event, I would love to hear genuine contributions from those that have used, or are interested in these products. Or if any of those agitated by my thread have a better suggestion for putting together a theater at such a reasonable cost...please, I'm all ears
post #19 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is great, but I don't see people complaining about 127 ED threads, or 56 Seaton sound threads...no offense to those guys, but why can't I start a thread about my adventure in my first home theater.

I love the information and education you can get on this forum, but really guys?? "did you really need to start another thread", I have a questions, do you really feel the need to act like the cappo of the internet mafia?? Its kind of sad to see grown men act like that.

piss off poser grow up and learn.. just because others do it.. it's ok.

dont bother with a witty comeback.. it wont get read

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #20 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post

piss off poser grow up and learn.. just because others do it.. it's ok.

dont bother with a witty comeback.. it wont get read

Dude are you really getting tough on the internet????
post #21 of 44 Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 PM

Liked: 16
ChopShop1 - Just ignore this nonsense. Please post if you hear anything new.
post #22 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kma100 View Post

ChopShop1 - Just ignore this nonsense. Please post if you hear anything new.

Will do kma. Its just kind of sad, I have gotten so much good info on the forum, and was thinking that I would get some constructive feedback on this thread. I didn't really expect those kinds of responses.
post #23 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Will do kma. Its just kind of sad, I have gotten so much good info on the forum, and was thinking that I would get some constructive feedback on this thread. I didn't really expect those kinds of responses.

So soon after those previous threads, and with your silly choice of a title for this one, what else did you expect?

And, have you even considered for a second that Craig may have earned his reputation by his own doing?

Not trying to pile on here, just stating the OBVIOUS!!!
post #24 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Really? A thread praising a product you haven't heard nor have you heard other products that compete against it?
post #25 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Sound's to me like he was praising Craig's customer service, not his products.

post #26 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

Sound's to me like he was praising Craig's customer service, not his products.

Exactly! My forst post states clearly that I was ready to buy the old one, Craig suggested, based on what I wanted, that I wait for the new ones. I clearly stated that I didn't buy them yet, because of that. I also clearly stated that the point of my thread was that I am impressed with the level of attention I got from Craig, as a potential customer. Its really simple guys. The one post that stated I could not have talked to him yesterday because the net said his phones were down was such a B.S conspiracy theory, and that is why I question all of the negative attention, because to me that brings the credability of the poster, and the angry mob, way down.
post #27 of 44 Old 01-22-2011, 02:50 PM
sb1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 127
I'll be awaiting your impressions on the speaker setup, Chopshop. Since you haven't purchased them yet, I'll simply congratulate you on making a decision to do so. Being locked up while researching is no fun, so it's a big deal when you finally come up with a plan. I hope you enjoy everything once it's going.

Stephen.

Chances are very good that I was drinking when I posted the above.

post #28 of 44 Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM

Liked: 23
Ok I am likely going to ruffle some feathers here but...I have to ask.
Is this a joke or some way of trying to get Chase speakers recognized?
I am not sure if it was this forum or Blu-ray, but someone had a pair of Paradigm Signature bookshelves but purchased the Chase speakers because they are better sounding...sorry but not believable. You listened to Paradigm, Klipsch and B&W and they didn't do it for you, but you are going to purchase speakers you have not heard?? This does not make sense.
Chase speakers are short and must be used on stands to get the tweeters at ear level. They are 24 pounds vs Paradigm bookshelf Studio 20's which are also 24 pounds, that tells me a lot about build quality. Looks wise, they are nothing that I would brag about or want to invite friends to check them out. It sounds like they don't go very low, 75 hz, if you look at any other speakers such as Pardigm or Klipsch, reviews are easy to find and lots of them. Chase reviews, good luck finding any. Warrany is a joke, read it for yourself ( they replace with a new or re-conditioned parts ?!?!) The website is definately lacking, if I am going to spend my money on a product I definately want a recognized name, a good warranty and the build quality to be in line with the purchase price and obviously with $350 price tag, maybe they are.... A grill that is screwed on? I would hate to see someone purchase a product that is less then what they are hoping for, with so many other reputable manufacturers out there. If Klipsch, Paradigm and B&W didn't do it for you, you might just be better off with Bose..
post #29 of 44 Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:

Glad you found something that fits your needs and more importantly your budget. Like in Audiophiledom, an additional 5-10% of performance can carry a heavy cost. As to whether this relatively small performance delta is worthwhile, that is simply a matter of opinion. Enjoy your system!

HToM

"Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?"
post #30 of 44 Old 01-23-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1400 View Post

Ok I am likely going to ruffle some feathers here but...I have to ask.
Is this a joke or some way of trying to get Chase speakers recognized?
I am not sure if it was this forum or Blu-ray, but someone had a pair of Paradigm Signature bookshelves but purchased the Chase speakers because they are better sounding...sorry but not believable. You listened to Paradigm, Klipsch and B&W and they didn't do it for you, but you are going to purchase speakers you have not heard?? This does not make sense.
Chase speakers are short and must be used on stands to get the tweeters at ear level. They are 24 pounds vs Paradigm bookshelf Studio 20's which are also 24 pounds, that tells me a lot about build quality. Looks wise, they are nothing that I would brag about or want to invite friends to check them out. It sounds like they don't go very low, 75 hz, if you look at any other speakers such as Pardigm or Klipsch, reviews are easy to find and lots of them. Chase reviews, good luck finding any. Warrany is a joke, read it for yourself ( they replace with a new or re-conditioned parts ?!?!) The website is definately lacking, if I am going to spend my money on a product I definately want a recognized name, a good warranty and the build quality to be in line with the purchase price and obviously with $350 price tag, maybe they are.... A grill that is screwed on? I would hate to see someone purchase a product that is less then what they are hoping for, with so many other reputable manufacturers out there. If Klipsch, Paradigm and B&W didn't do it for you, you might just be better off with Bose..

No feathers ruffled but if you assume that these mass produced, highly marked up speakers can't be outdone by some smaller companies you may be surprised. If I was setting up a nice foofoo 2 channel living room system then I'm sure some Paradigm S1s would probably fit the bill.I'm a Paradigm fan and very familiar with their speakers. But for a high performance, dynamic home theater system that you can play at reference levels or close to them they wouldn't be my first choice. I replaced my front sound stage with CHT SHO10s and the difference was surprising as it probably would have been switching to any other highout put Pro type speaker, just a different ballgame. So they don't play down to 40hz. Read the GedLee speaker thread on his higher crossover(80-100hz) with multiple subs equals better dynamics and output thoughts. Those who have switched to speakers of this type get it, those who haven't heard them... need to.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page