Anyone know more about these old Grundig speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Picked these speakers up cheap at a sale. They are vintage Grundig speakers, with some interesting wiring and other stuff I've never seen before. One of the speakers appeared to be "hard wired" to avoid the special DIN connector. I hooked it up to an old soundesign receiver and am quite amazed by the sound.

I've searched on Ebay, and it appears even the parts for these speakers are fairly expensive and hard to find. I can't seem to find much on Google about them specifically (Box 25?). On the bottom, there is the model information and two plug sockets. One is the DIN to the speaker, the other for a "panorama" speaker. Although I haven't tested both, I tested the one with the cosmetic damage and it's also the one I'm showing here with the back cover removed.

I guess I'd like to know what kind of power these are designed to handle and how they compare to anything more modern? The wires left on them seem rather thin, but the acoustic design of these things seems "better than average". Without being able to know if I can buy them again and for what price, I'd hate to dump them on Ebay to someone lucky on a low bid. If I kept them, I'd want to use them on something like an emotiva 2 channel amp for mostly vinyl record playback. Of course, I'd love to fix the fabric damage on the one speaker but have no idea where to get this material. Thanks much for any information on these speakers!
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 AM

Grundig was pretty big in Germany in the 50s to early 90s. I found some info through google.de:

Build ca 1966
Made in Germany
Price New 1966 : 215 DM

3-way speaker sealed design
power handling 15watts/20watts peak
Frequency 40-20000hz
impedance 5Ohm

Hope this helps you a bit.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindizzy View Post

Grundig was pretty big in Germany in the 50s to early 90s. I found some info through google.de:

Build ca 1966
Made in Germany
Price New 1966 : 215 DM

3-way speaker sealed design
power handling 15watts/20watts peak
Frequency 40-20000hz
impedance 5Ohm

Hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks for the info. I wonder what they would be worth today in their current condition.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page