The Official Procella Audio Speakers Owners thread - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
post #271 of 276 Old 03-15-2015, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I'm building a room essentially 18' x 28' x 7.75'. Details here:

What do you guys think about the suitability of the P18 sub is for this room? I am thinking about one or two of them (if two is needed?) behind the AT screen. How would this sub compare to using the HSU VTF-15H (multiples) which are rated down to 16 dB? What other high power subs should I consider?

Also how does the Procella LCRs sound/compare to the Triad Gold Monitors or LCRs?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 276 Old 03-15-2015, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

What do you guys think about the suitability of the P18 sub is for this room? I am thinking about one or two of them (if two is needed?) behind the AT screen. How would this sub compare to using the HSU VTF-15H (multiples) which are rated down to 16 dB? What other high power subs should I consider?

Also how does the Procella LCRs sound/compare to the Triad Gold Monitors or LCRs?

Thanks!
I have a P15 in a 535 sq. ft room and it does excellent. Zero complaints about bass. A P18 is called for in a room with my volume for ideal outcome, but since I really only care about the MLP for sound quality the P 15 works. Most importantly A P18 didn't fit in my budget. . Have you considered 2 passive P 15's? They are equal to one P 18 in terms of output but will give more even bass response that one P 18. That would free up money to have better LCR and power it all (subs and speakers) with the procella amp.

I have the P 610 LCR, and cannot speak high enough about them. Have never heard the Triad but their reputation is very good.
post #273 of 276 Old 03-16-2015, 05:01 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Thanks!
Hi, for your room size, the P18 would only be required if you wish to reach the very lowest of bass frequencies (-3dB @ 18Hz from 133dB@50Hz, so 130dB@18Hz!!), all the way down to below 10Hz! The P18 can play these low frequencies at SPL as required for much larger rooms than yours, so you will be over-specced from an SPL point of view. Based only on your room size, I would begin with 1 x P18-FP placed below or behind the screen, powered using our new rack-mount amp, the DA-06 (2 x 1200W) and plan to add a few P10-FP as balancing subs, distributed throughout the room, if required. But before we continue, we need to know what materials your room is made of: timber bats/sheet?, brick?, concrete?

We don't comment on other products. The Procella loudspeakers all use studio-quality, Italian-made compression drivers (HF), mounted on our proprietary wave guides. This gives them much greater SPL than dome-tweetered loudspeakers, with much lower distortion, greater clarity and much better dispersion characteristics. All our loudspeakers are designed to be timbre matched, allowing you to use P28(P860), P8(15), P6(10) and P5 in any combination (LCR, surrounds) as required for your room, whilst maintaining our Identical Voices(TM) principle throughout.

Hope this helps!
post #274 of 276 Unread Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
got my p8s in the baffle wall and the p6v in my columns, cant wait to see the p6iw for my atmos setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lt2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	617425  
post #275 of 276 Unread Yesterday, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Looks beautiful! You must be excited.
post #276 of 276 Unread Today, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post
Looks beautiful! You must be excited.
very, cant wait. the room is almost completed, though the p6iw wont be here until early may
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Procella P6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page