4Likes

post #181 of 243 Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post

Beautiful! Great job with the screen wall. That is gonna sound great. The P15 is an absolute beast. Highly recommended. Enjoy.

Agreed! Excellent job! Big cinema sound in a small room, you will love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 243 Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello.
i have just purchased 3 x P6 LCR mounted in a bafllewall. I have a very narrow ( 2.8Meters) room. in the last two years , i have used MKsound speakers. i still use Tripole speakers along with the P6 LCR.

But now i have 2 x P6 to test for surrounds in a 5.2 setup. there are located o.5 meters behind the sweetspot. But i feel that i am having a wall off sound behind me - not around me. Offcurse the pans works great from front to surround. But i feel that ambience is isolated in the bacl of the room. Delay etc is offcurse correct. trim levels is 74 db - 1db lower than the front.
Any openion will be appreciated.
my own openion is that may be difficult to make it work with the monopole P6 , so close to the sweet spot ( 1.4 from sweet spot to surrounds )

Peter
Denmark
post #183 of 243 Old 07-04-2013, 04:11 AM

Could you post some pictures of your room? How high are the surrounds positioned? They should be well above your head height. You might also benefit from some diffusion in the back part of the room: around the surround speakers and on the back wall. Diffusion in a small room is a good thing in any case, it makes the room sound/appear bigger and it creates a more natural surround field.
Going from tripoles to controlled directivity speakers is of course a big difference. You loose the sense of 'false' ambience from the tripoles and you are left with what your room really sounds like. Correct room acoustics will fix this, for sure. Who is your dealer in DK? He should really help you with this. PM me if you like.
post #184 of 243 Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 AM

bio_10.jpg

on the backwall - from the projektorshelf and down to the floor , there is diffusere , behind the panel with black fabric, from corner to corner. on the sidewall there is bas slam arbsorbers....about 120cm in highs. the front of the room is arbsorbers...from screenwall an 1.3m in to the room. the screenwall is asymmetric....meaning that the right front speaker are closer to the wall , than the left one. Så no diffusion on the sidewalls , in front of the room. the surroundspeakrs ar placed 70 cm over earhigh to the bottum of the cabinet. In the buildup proces of the room , i have used an acoustic to tell me how to make it right.
from the chairs to the backwall , there is 80cm

edit - remessured. 0.40 from sweetspot/ear to the midle of the center of the speaker

Peter
Denmark
post #185 of 243 Old 07-04-2013, 06:07 AM

layout of the room. before the room was finnish. there is some minor changes. a 15cm high raiser at the seatarea , color etc
distance from door to back corner 1.8m

Peter
Denmark
post #186 of 243 Old 07-13-2013, 07:52 AM

Is there anybody that knows , if procella are using midrange compensation in there speakers?.......a dipp in the 2khz range.

Peter
Denmark
post #187 of 243 Old 07-15-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post

Is there anybody that knows , if procella are using midrange compensation in there speakers?.......a dipp in the 2khz range.

I would know... ;-) the P6 and P8 do not have a dip at 2K. They are designed for flat response both on and off axis. See the Polar Response measurement results on our website.
post #188 of 243 Old 07-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post

I you measure above or below the centerline you would get a “suck out” due to the crossover frequency between the tweeter and the mid/bass. I don’t recall the crossover for the P6 but I’m guessing it’s close to 2 kHz, so if you are using P6 as surround speakers and hang them high, and close to MLP, the angle from the speaker to MLP can be pretty steep if you are not angling the speakers down. If you measure a dipp around 2k Hz I’m guessing that’s the reason. Try angling the speakers more towards the microphone and see if you are getting better results.
I only could only find the data for P8, but looking at the balloon suggests that the above reasoning might be valid.

post #189 of 243 Old 07-18-2013, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben Van Duyl View Post

I would know... ;-) the P6 and P8 do not have a dip at 2K. They are designed for flat response both on and off axis. See the Polar Response measurement results on our website.

Yes. But only in the horisontal plane. In the vertical plane you cant have flat off axis response in an ordinary two way speaker, except if it is a coax.
post #190 of 243 Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 PM

what is Procellas recommended lowpaas filter on the subwoofer? 80hz24 filter (THX) , ore bypass.....maby 120hz

Peter
Denmark
post #191 of 243 Old 09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Can anyone give a price on the P6V and any reputable dealers. I have been eyeing up this little bad boy for my surround duties in my upcoming theater build. Thanks.
post #192 of 243 Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I think they list at around $1,600 ea.
post #193 of 243 Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 66
P6 (two way 6.5" woofer) $1699 ea
P8 (two way with 8" woofer) $2599 ea
P610 (three way with 6.5 and 10" woofers, needs external active crossover and two amp channels) $3199 ea
post #194 of 243 Old 09-13-2013, 03:51 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post

P6 (two way 6.5" woofer) $1699 ea
P8 (two way with 8" woofer) $2599 ea
P610 (three way with 6.5 and 10" woofers, needs external active crossover and two amp channels) $3199 ea

Just confirming - those are the correct specs and MSRPs.
post #195 of 243 Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM

Sound Room 12! Come see us, we will have several new products, and new technologies..!! Please like our FB page as we will post updates there: FB link...

post #196 of 243 Old 09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerben Van Duyl View Post

Sound Room 12! Come see us, we will have several new products, and new technologies..!! Please like our FB page as we will post updates there: FB link...

Don't tell me my P6s will be outdated before I even get them installed! smile.gif

Looking forward to the updates and the continued success of Procella Audio!
post #197 of 243 Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Don't tell me my P6s will be outdated before I even get them installed! smile.gif

Looking forward to the updates and the continued success of Procella Audio!

Ha ha ha! No chance! The P6 is our Best Selling product hands down, and has been since we launched it, it still uses the original driver package (Never Change a Winning Team!), but... it might get a brother or sister! Or both? make sure you are subbed to our FB page! And thank you for the kind wishes ;-)
post #198 of 243 Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Gerben / Chuck. News about Procella Audio's new releases at CEDIA 2013 has been very tough to come by, but I understand there is a new P6 in-wall with back box and a smaller P5. I also heard that you are replacing the current 10" subwoofer with a new model.

Can you please shed a little light on these new products? And if the P6 in-wall exists and is what you have showing as the "VOG" speakers on your Facebook page, what are the dimensions / depth of this unit? With backbox, will the depth be accommodated in a standard 3.5" depth stud bay?

I have high hopes for Atmos making its way to the high=end residential market in the coming years and it would be nice to plan for ceiling-mounted speakers if that's the case.

EDIT:

post #199 of 243 Old 10-02-2013, 04:15 PM

We did not make any announcements or press releases about these new products, as we are still about six months away from shipping. We just showed final samples, to whet everybody's appetite...

The P6 in-wall will have a paintable, magnetic grill. The P5 will be 12" tall and basically the same size as an LS3, it turns out!

Both will have a round wave guide so that they can be placed either horizontally and vertically.

The P12 will be single 12"driver and a brand new amp!

Very exciting stuff and more Procella news to follow in the next months.
post #200 of 243 Old 10-02-2013, 10:31 PM

We did have an Auro 3D Audio demo as part of our presentation at CEDIA Expo. As the P6 in-wall will not be ready until next year, the ceiling Voice of God channel speakers in our room were standard P6s mounted in the ceiling.

3D Audio is coming, so we recommend wiring for it where possible. StormAudio will have Auro 3D capability in the SSP16.3D processor when it hits the market in a few months. As Gerben says, more news to come . . .
post #201 of 243 Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM

I have had opportunities to listen to both Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D in the past weeks and I have formed an opinion about these and some interesting observations. Maybe I shall use my flight to Moscow this Saturday to write it all down. Where shall I post this here on this forum? Is there a 3D audio thread yet? An Auro thread?
post #202 of 243 Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Chuck just posted a whole bunch of CEDIA photos over on our Facebook page... please Like whilst you are there!
post #203 of 243 Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Back View Post

We did have an Auro 3D Audio demo as part of our presentation at CEDIA Expo. As the P6 in-wall will not be ready until next year, the ceiling Voice of God channel speakers in our room were standard P6s mounted in the ceiling.

3D Audio is coming, so we recommend wiring for it where possible. StormAudio will have Auro 3D capability in the SSP16.3D processor when it hits the market in a few months. As Gerben says, more news to come . . .

Chuck, what do you recommend? My understanding is with Atmos, it is supposed to be able to use whatever speakers it has available to it. I would hope any residential application would be quite flexible in this regard. Hard to wire for something that isn't finalized.

Matt
post #204 of 243 Old 10-06-2013, 11:17 PM

Auro 3D is channel based, with specific speaker locations. Atmos is an object based system, so it does not require a specific number of speakers. It maps the number of speakers and their location in each playback system, and scales accordingly.

Auro uses the conventional 5.1 configuration of L/C/R/Ls/Rs, adding Left Height, Center Height, Right Height, Left surround Height, Right surround Height and Ceiling Voice of God channel. With the subwoofer channel, that's 11.1.

While Dolby has not specified any home playback specs, we do have their cinema guidelines. This should give some insight into what the home system requirements will be.

There is no simple answer as to how to wire for both systems. There are significant differences in speaker placement between Auro and Atmos. Auro has height speakers on the front and side walls, with no back surrounds. Cinema Atmos does not use front height speakers or side height surrounds, but it does allow for multiple back surrounds and additional side surrounds located between the existing surrounds and the screen. Atmos also uses two arrays of ceiling speakers not on the center line but located a bit less than 1/3 of the room width from the nearest side wall.

Auro 3D will be available for home theaters in a few months. I don't have any inside information as to when Atmos will be available.
turls and Gerben Van Duyl like this.
post #205 of 243 Old 10-14-2013, 07:42 PM

Gerben visits Tokyo: GloVision studio with Sona Corp. This recording studio uses 7 x P6 and 2 x P15. For more photos go to our Procella Facebook page.

post #206 of 243 Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Little update after living with the P610 for a couple months: What an amazing upgrade going from the P6 to the P610 has been in my opinion. The P610 is an extremely authoritative and robust speaker that brings a whole new weight and depth to the entire front soundstage. It is truly awesome to have those extra sources of bass across the front. Highly recommended!

The more time I spend with them with a variety of material the more impressed I become.
post #207 of 243 Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Couldn't agree more !

Due to a DSP failure I was briefly unable to bi-amp my 610's and was left with only P6's up front. It still sounded good but the P610 is in another league !!

Cheers,
post #208 of 243 Old 12-26-2013, 09:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 76
She didnt even ask what I wanted for Christmas.... But look what showed up.....smile.gif
photo DSC00717.jpg
Gerben Van Duyl likes this.

My Basement HT Construction ~ Faster than the speed of Dark

"I've cut that piece 3 times and its still too short..."
post #209 of 243 Old 12-31-2013, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Awesome !!

Cheers,
post #210 of 243 Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNKKNK View Post

She didnt even ask what I wanted for Christmas.... But look what showed up.....smile.gif
photo DSC00717.jpg

Holy crap that's AWESOME!!!

Tell me....are there three P15s to go with those P8s hidden from view? Are the P10si subs intended for balancing subs?
Reply Speakers

Tags
Procella P6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page