The Official Procella Audio Speakers Owners thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is there a place within driving range of Houston where I can audition the P6 and P5 speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 View Post
P5, P12, and in-wall P6!!!!!

"The P5 sounds just like the P6! In blind tests in Sweden, experienced Procella customers who own P6 themselves could not tell the difference with the P5, until we turned on the lights in the demo room and they saw the P5! The P5 is ideal as L/C/R/Surr for small home cinemas and living rooms, or as Surround in medium rooms, in combination with P6, P8 or P610.

The P5 is a high resolution capable loudspeaker, capable of 113dB peak SPL when Freestanding(!), TWICE AS LOUD as any dome-tweeter loudspeaker. Make no mistake, this is a little champion, that will deliver true Blu-ray Disc quality audio to living rooms and small home cinemas. This is a true Procella loudspeaker!

The P12 rocks! It sounds just as good as the P10, but it is a lot cheaper! We have developed a brand new amplifier for the P12 and we are very proud of that amp! It sounds great! The P12 driver is also brand new developed and with the compact and pleasant looking cabinet, we are sure this will be a great success!

All driver are manufactured in Italy. The amplifier and enclosures are manufactured in China. All design and assembly is done in Sweden, in the Procella Audio factory."
We also gave visitors a sneak peek at two new products that will become available in early 2014.

The P6iW is Procella's first in-wall speaker, and by every measure gives full P6 performance. With a newly designed circular waveguide, the speaker is equally at home whether oriented horizontally, vertically or in a ceiling!

http://www.procella.citymax.com/f/P5...Sheet_v1.0.pdf

http://www.procella.citymax.com/f/P1...Sheet_v1.0.pdf

i have to comment on this.
I have also demoed both the P5 and the P6 ( inn the same room ) and there is a sonic difference. The P5 is a very smooth sounding speaker. More warmth sounding speaker than the P6. The P6 have a more crisp and dry sound...more neutral sound. with better dynamic and attack.
I think that the P5 is very good value , with few compotitions.
But i think that , if P6 have enough SPL for a given size room. it is to my ears unbeateble.
I was not the only one that had that opinion , when it was demoed.

Peter
Denmark
Old 11-01-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post
i have to comment on this.
I have also demoed both the P5 and the P6 ( inn the same room ) and there is a sonic difference. The P5 is a very smooth sounding speaker. More warmth sounding speaker than the P6. The P6 have a more crisp and dry sound...more neutral sound. with better dynamic and attack.
I think that the P5 is very good value , with few compotitions.
But i think that , if P6 have enough SPL for a given size room. it is to my ears unbeateble.
I was not the only one that had that opinion , when it was demoed.
I think you bring up a good point, and that is when choosing a speaker that you take into account your seating distance and the overall volume of the room. Procella has a great guide that is a part of their installation handbook. I think the P5 would be a great choice for a living room/TV set up or for a very small home theater. Of course budget considerations always play a role, and I think it's fantastic that Procella offers a high-quality speaker at a lower price point. In my situation I moved to a new house and the new home theater was much bigger than my previous. My choice to upgrade the P6 to a P610 is one I'm very happy with, as the impact and experience even exceeds the P6 in my previous smaller home theater.

Tags
Procella P6