I've narrowed down my choice to the following iterations:
1. Energy Take 5.1
2. Polk 5.1 CS2, M40 x4 (fronts and surrounds), a sub for $150-$200
3. Polk 5.1 CS2, M60 fronts, M40 surrounds, a sub for $150-$200
4. Polk 5.1 CS2, M70 fronts, M40 surrounds, a sub for $150-$200
5. Polk 7.1 CS2, M70 fronts, M40 x4 (surround and back), a sub for $150-$200
5. Polk 7.1 CS2, M70 fronts, M60 surround, M40 back, a sub for $150-$200
- The receiver will be either a Yamaha RX-V667 or possibly a less expensive 5.1 receiver depending on which system I decide on.
- The system will mainly be used for a movie or two on the weekend. I'm not an audiophile. I just want something that sounds good to my fairly non-discerning ears. I'll be using it as my bedroom set for the time being, and then as a main living room set when I move. I don't plan on upgrading for the next 5-10 years.
- With that in mind, I was wondering which system you guys think would be right for me, and why.
- BTW, the reason I chose the Polk Monitor line is that it seems to be the best bang for the buck since it's being discontinued.