Tron:Legacy Sound Effects, some of best LFE ever - Page 7 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 5  6  7 8 
Speakers > Tron:Legacy Sound Effects, some of best LFE ever
flyng_fool's Avatar flyng_fool 05:21 PM 04-27-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post

My grandparents always taught me it wasn't polite to talk about religion or politics because it always led to fights. I guess we can now add movie critiques to that list.

Hey screw you! If you don't like it then I'll just have to kick your ass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Twylight's Avatar Twylight 09:17 PM 04-27-2011
This my main demo now. Decent movie - no cussing and crud for once so a younger audience can enjoy it as well. All of my gear handled it fine...I can see this blowing out a main speaker that is on the verge of a repair...

The bar scene was really awesome for some reason - it might have been the music fit a little better there to the scene itself instead of being just a soul crushing back ground to a LOLWUT? story.

I swear they cut out tons of story - it almost didnt make any sense how the scenes were edited together. The younger actors were decent - Bridges was a terrible character...they could have just killed him off and sent him home early.

Why did they call it Tron and totally ignore...you know...TRON? The Rinzler angle was weak and he was in few scenes in total.

Ive seen it 3 times...maybe a longer cut will come out and clean up the story.

If you have EVER bought anything recommended off this forum (ie a sub way too huge for your room) then you need to buy this. Its PG, decent movie, and ear shattering awesome.
scpete26's Avatar scpete26 10:59 AM 04-30-2011
I agree with the thread starter. The first time i saw this movie was in my theater... I was blown away with the sound quality and lfe. I dont remember any movie that has given me such an awesome aural experience!... I actually loved the movie too, not just the sq. You guys that hated it are crazy haha. This is a definate must own bluray...
scpete26's Avatar scpete26 11:13 AM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMIE View Post

I just picked this up tonight and watched it. Great movie for effects and LFE. My biggest beef with the move is the shifting aspect ratios between 2.35 and 1.78.

Not good at all for projection HT set ups.

That is also my biggest beef. I hate it because i dont like seeing the black bars... I wish theyd stop doing this in movies
scpete26's Avatar scpete26 11:25 AM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post

I listened at -8 and thought my ears would bleed.

I normally listen somewhere between -20 and -10. How in Gods name do people listen any louder than that, and at refernce level nonetheless.

It isn't the LFE or surround tracks that bother me, it's the center channel. At those levels everybody is just SHOUTING at you, that is just not enjoyable to me at all. I suppose I could keep everything else loud and lower the center, but that would throw things out of whack.

I love watching movies at louder than -10.... It helps to draw me into the movie and send chills down my spine... Which is why i love tron, i couldnt stop grinning while i watched it. The only way i can watch movies this loud is when my wife is gone because she cant stand it! Before i upgraded my speakers i also experinced harshness at these levels... Now it just hightens the experience!
Geoff4RFC's Avatar Geoff4RFC 12:26 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

Hey screw you! If you don't like it then I'll just have to kick your ass!

So that's what a keyboard cowboy looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post

In the way it sucked. Bad writing, bad directing, bad acting.

Yeah, good soundtrack and visuals, horrendous everything else.

I thought the CG characters exhibited flawless and convincing acting abilities.
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 05:13 PM 04-30-2011
Finally got around to watching it,the SQ was really good but I didn't think the LFE was that great.It was good but I wasn't at all blown away like some have claimed,I may have been expecting too much.
flyng_fool's Avatar flyng_fool 05:48 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey99699 View Post

Finally got around to watching it,the SQ was really good but I didn't think the LFE was that great.It was good but I wasn't at all blown away like some have claimed,I may have been expecting too much.

Depends on what kind of sub you have. If it can't dig down that deeply, then your missing a whole lot. It sure gives my DTS-10 a hefty workoout, even at levels well short of reference.
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 06:10 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:

Depends on what kind of sub you have. If it can't dig down that deeply, then your missing a whole lot. It sure gives my DTS-10 a hefty workoout, even at levels well short of reference.

I have 4 Empires in a medium size room so I don't think I'm missing that much.The movie has good LFE but honestly after reading some peoples responses I was scared of damaging my speakers,again I think I was just expecting more.

by the way I listened at -10 then played a few scenes at reference and I run my subs a little hot
flyng_fool's Avatar flyng_fool 07:39 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:
I have 4 Empires in a medium size room so I don't think I'm missing that much.The movie has good LFE but honestly after reading some peoples responses I was scared of damaging my speakers,again I think I was just expecting more.

by the way I listened at -10 then played a few scenes at reference and I run my subs a little hot
Wow! If it's not doing for you with 4 Empires then I guess you're just getting a little deaf in your old age!
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 11:38 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Wow! If it's not doing for you with 4 Empires then I guess you're just getting a little deaf in your old age!
That also could have something to do with it
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 11:49 PM 04-30-2011
I liked it SQ was great ,LFE was great , story was Tron hey it's a Video game/Sci/fi .. soo I did not over expect anything, was just as 1st Tron movie ,deep it was not !
Visual it was ! $1.50 RedBox Deal ,glad I saw it ,will not buy it
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 11:52 PM 04-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post
I liked it SQ was great ,LFE was great , story was Tron hey it's a Video game/Sci/fi .. soo I did not over expect anything, was just as 1st Tron movie ,deep it was not !
Visual it was ! $1.50 RedBox Deal ,glad I saw it ,will not buy it
I liked the movie,I just meant I expected more LFE
tony123's Avatar tony123 05:53 AM 05-01-2011
Corey, you must have something about your room...maybe you have nulls near the more prevelent frequencies in this movies LFE? I've felt that way before with other movies that folks rave about. If you felt the LFE came up short, it wasn't because it's not on the disc.
Matman1970's Avatar Matman1970 06:13 AM 05-01-2011
Ordered it for my Dad last week. Talked to him a few days ago, he mentioned it came in and he thinks it loosened all the nails in his house...LOL!!
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 10:01 AM 05-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post

Corey, you must have something about your room...maybe you have nulls near the more prevelent frequencies in this movies LFE? I've felt that way before with other movies that folks rave about. If you felt the LFE came up short, it wasn't because it's not on the disc.

Well my room is less than ideal for HT so you're probably right.I do have nulls at my LP but I'm not sure what frequency.I have noticed I can move to the other couch in my living room and with certain material the bass not only reads about 4-5 db more on the spl meter,but it seems tighter and to have more impact,just better all around.Changing my room layout is not an option but hopefully soon I can get a good sub eq cheap.I'll try watching a few scenes on my other couch and see how it does.
shiarua's Avatar shiarua 10:44 AM 05-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman1970 View Post

Ordered it for my Dad last week. Talked to him a few days ago, he mentioned it came in and he thinks it loosened all the nails in his house...LOL!!

Haha. My mom told me I have to repair all the cracks in the house this summer after watching this movie....
Geoff4RFC's Avatar Geoff4RFC 11:10 AM 05-01-2011
Quote:

Wow, I have a single Empire and my wife couldn't even stay in the same room and came in once to tell me the cops were going to get called on us.
ratm's Avatar ratm 04:59 PM 05-01-2011
Kick his ass Seabass!!!!!
warpdrive's Avatar warpdrive 09:21 PM 05-01-2011
I haven't bought a movie on physical disk for a while, but I will have to add this to my collection for the sheer tactile feel of the bass. I don't usually play my movies that loudly...so I have never heard my sub distort until now. I now feel a sudden urge to go sub shopping

Yeah, the story was just ok, but visuals were great. Olivia Wilde looked great (it was great look on her with that black wig, she should adopt that look in real life).
penngray's Avatar penngray 09:25 PM 05-01-2011
Quote:
was great look on her with that black wig, she should adopt that look in real life

lmao, I just came back from Fast Five....Horrible sound everytime I go Anways, I think I saw her in about 3 previews.
corey99699's Avatar corey99699 06:27 AM 05-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

lmao, I just came back from Fast Five....Horrible sound everytime I go Anways, I think I saw her in about 3 previews.

Did you like fast 5?
wizard8873's Avatar wizard8873 09:31 AM 05-02-2011
Quote:

i'm surprised. I have 2 Klipsch RW-12D's and they shake not just the room but the house during this movie. room is medium sized and I actually managed to knock a few things off of the shelves one of the times
tony123's Avatar tony123 09:54 AM 05-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard8873 View Post

i'm surprised. I have 2 Klipsch RW-12D's and they shake not just the room but the house during this movie. room is medium sized and I actually managed to knock a few things off of the shelves one of the times

Not surprising. The room and EQ have as much to do with performance as the sub itself. Without EQ and my room treatments, a pair of Danley DTS10's didn't sound any better than my simple little Velodyne. Now that I'm closer to being dialed in, the Danley's do more than a dozen of those Velo's could.
Ishniknork's Avatar Ishniknork 06:54 PM 05-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

I do not put much stock in even the opinion of the best movie critics because they have no idea what my interests are either (I have simply loved movies other hated and Im cool with that!).I never understand why anyone reads anyone else's opinion about content anyways. My point remains, you can post all you want and it should just be ignored, like all of our opinions on the good/bad of any movie.

Ditto... but I do like getting other peoples opinions before seeing a new movie if I can. Yet I still watch them with an open mind.

As for the professional movie critics... My rule of thumb is that if they DON'T like it then I probably will!
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 05:08 PM 06-05-2011
So... What's the best LFE scence in Tron (specify chapter and/or time)?
Neilsy's Avatar Neilsy 05:15 PM 06-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by psgcdn View Post

So... What's the best LFE scence in Tron (specify chapter and/or time)?

In my opinion scene 4, 'the grid', has some pretty demanding LFE when the orange lighted unit comes down from the sky. Next best would be 'Lifecycle battle'. There is a combination of low frequencies when the light ribbons are switched on that connect to the lifecycles and also during the battle when they destroy or 'deresolution' of another.

Try that out!
shiarua's Avatar shiarua 08:45 PM 06-05-2011
I need to watch the whole movie through again when I get my new TV, but from what I can remember, the scene at the beginning where Sam Flynn is sucked into the program has really nice LFE.
Neilsy's Avatar Neilsy 09:50 PM 06-05-2011
Yes that's the beginning of the scene I mentioned above, scene 4. Good hunting!
psgcdn's Avatar psgcdn 09:53 AM 06-07-2011
Yup, that's now going to be my quick demo scene. I have the DVD. Does the Blu-ray have even better LFE or is it (about) the same?
First ... 5  6  7 8 

Up
Mobile  Desktop