Any thoughts on axiom audio speakers? - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 321 Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well I recant what I said about the Pandora quality. After much listening last night, most of the bass was lacking. It must of been something especially good that I remember that made me think it was good quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 321 Old 07-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Wireless member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

Well I recant what I said about the Pandora quality. After much listening last night, most of the bass was lacking. It must of been something especially good that I remember that made me think it was good quality.

Were there any beverages involved?
post #303 of 321 Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Put any speakers in your room...run Audyssey..they will all sound the SAME after calibration. That is the point of calibration...to make them sound the best in your room.

Better to want what you don't have, than to have what you don't want!

post #304 of 321 Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Wireless member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseman View Post
Put any speakers in your room...run Audyssey..they will all sound the SAME after calibration.
That's not true.
post #305 of 321 Old 07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseman View Post

Put any speakers in your room...run Audyssey..they will all sound the SAME after calibration. That is the point of calibration...to make them sound the best in your room.

The point of calibration is to help flatten the response reaching your ears for several listening positions. But they WILL not sound the same. If you put two speakers in a room, calibrate them, and measure them, they will still measure noticeably different because the processor only applies rough corrections, it can't do a perfect job. And that's for the frequency response, speakers have other distortions that the processor won't affect, like distortion, dispersion irregularities, phase errors etc.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #306 of 321 Old 07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Wireless member

post #307 of 321 Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post

Think I said that.

I elaborated a bit

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #308 of 321 Old 08-09-2013, 01:02 AM

As one of the original M22ti owners, I have the say the sound is amazing and overall the speakers have sounded great for music and or Home Theater with or without a Sub. That said I have to agree with the Ninja Poster about the quality of the cross over as one on my 4 had snapped just from average use and very good packing when i moved. The cost for a new one is $150 but I have to buy two (or four?) to balance the sound. And now I cant get my cross over anymore. Its a Ying/Yang deal.
post #309 of 321 Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Kinda strange to resurrect a long dead thread from 2011. You really should post your queries here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464107/new-official-axiom-audio-speaker-owners-thread

Anyway, there are M22 v3s available if you want to go that way. The 'tis' are very aged now & the current v3 versions represent a nice upgrade over your older model but the prices have increased over the years.

I have a pair of M22v3s in my HT that work wonderfully for me in that role. There seems to be no problems with things breaking now unless they are abused...

TAM
post #310 of 321 Old 08-16-2013, 12:17 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJinFLA View Post

And this revealingness/detaility doesn't show up in measurements, but are somehow design engineered into the products correct? They certainly don't teach that in engineering school!

"Today I'm going to design/engineer my amp or wall plug to sound better using unmeasurable parameters". I don't think SPICE is used for that stuff.

Maybe real spice, like cinnamon...or sage? Hmmm.

I was not a party to any of these practices. wink.gif
post #311 of 321 Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-labdriver View Post

Kinda strange to resurrect a long dead thread from 2011. You really should post your queries here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1464107/new-official-axiom-audio-speaker-owners-thread

Anyway, there are M22 v3s available if you want to go that way. The 'tis' are very aged now & the current v3 versions represent a nice upgrade over your older model but the prices have increased over the years.

I have a pair of M22v3s in my HT that work wonderfully for me in that role. There seems to be no problems with things breaking now unless they are abused...

TAM

Most likely it is due to the thread being posted in the new official axiom.....thread. Besides, this thread is GREAT for a laugh. smile.gif
post #312 of 321 Old 11-24-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
How does the sound of Axiom speakers compare with other home theater speakers? What I mean is, how does their sound compare with Paradigm Studios? Anyone heard the difference?
I have Rocket 850's. Anyone have Axioms that had Rockets? What was the difference in sound quality between the two?

Domino's donÂt fall all at once, they fall one at a time...
post #313 of 321 Old 11-24-2013, 12:15 PM

I have a HT that is comprised of M22s, VP100, QS4s & a couple of 10" Velo subs.. I would assess it as a modest but cost effective system that more than pleases us - articulate & more than powerful enough for a medium sized room. I normally run at -10 DB for movies with Audyssey EQ from my mid range Denon AVR.

My Axioms perform admirably & are competitive within their class. Furthermore, Axiom's Customer Service is outstanding. I am most happy with mine as are many other completely satisfied customers world wide...

TAM
post #314 of 321 Old 11-24-2013, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

How does the sound of Axiom speakers compare with other home theater speakers? What I mean is, how does their sound compare with Paradigm Studios? Anyone heard the difference?
I have Rocket 850's. Anyone have Axioms that had Rockets? What was the difference in sound quality between the two?

Went from Axiom to Arx and couldn't be happier. The Axioms standard finishes and options come no where close to the quality and craftsmanship of the Paradigm Studios. Only when you select the very expensive finish options and other options do the Axioms get closer but then the prices can be more than a comparable Paradigm Studio speaker.

I've had Axiom speakers and I owned multiple other speakers in Axioms price class and there really isn't anything that makes Axiom stand out. They really are not anything special. If you look around you see they have no presence on any of the forums Audioholics, HTS, AVS, ect... That should tell you something.

Since you in the States there is much more price competitive options available.
post #315 of 321 Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I owned M22's, and the VP100 center channel. The M22's were ok, but kind of fatiguing, bright to MY ears. The VP100 was similar.
You really just need to listen, lots of people love their Axioms. Others do not. I do not like Klipsch either, so there might be a pattern there...............wink.gif
I have Energy RC-10's now, and I really like them, but I am probably going to get some ARX's, I am looking for a floor-shander.
post #316 of 321 Old 11-25-2013, 11:19 AM

We now have a lot of pleasurable hours listening to our Axiom system mentioned above. We find no excessive brightness nor fatigue in our irregularly shaped room - just articulate, detailed sound that for us is perfect for the HT role. Good for music as well.

Each to his own. All listeners' preferences & opinions are completely subjective & therefore are largely irrelevant to what others may like...

TAM
post #317 of 321 Old 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM

Liked: 11

Excellent post, and I second that recap of Ascends and Axioms.

"These go to eleven."
post #318 of 321 Old 01-09-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

I owned M22's, and the VP100 center channel. The M22's were ok, but kind of fatiguing, bright to MY ears. The VP100 was similar.
You really just need to listen, lots of people love their Axioms. Others do not. I do not like Klipsch either, so there might be a pattern there...............wink.gif
I have Energy RC-10's now, and I really like them, but I am probably going to get some ARX's, I am looking for a floor-shander.

Exactly what I did. I went from Axiom M22s and VP150 to Arx fronts and now surrounds and couldn't be happier. Better dynamics, better highs and much more transparent sound compared to the compressed sound of the Axioms. Oh and they are cheaper than comparable Axioms with better components and cabinets. The Axioms was probably some of the least transparent speakers I've owned.

Preferences are completely subjective especially if you've never taken time to experience a wide range of speakers and follow only blind loyalty. You can really pick out differences in speakers if you take the time and compare and listen, instead of some that just regurgitate the same talking points over and over with no experience.
post #319 of 321 Old 01-09-2014, 09:31 AM

More irrelevant gems from the master of regurgitation....

TAM
post #320 of 321 Old 01-10-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I liked my Axiom speakers when I first got into home theater, and thought they sounded pretty good at the time. I had a pair of M60's, a VP150 center, and four QS8 surrounds. I liked the QS8's a lot. Then I got the bug to upgrade, and went with Martin Logan Motion 40's, a Motion 8 center ( better clarity than the VP150 in my room ), Motion FX surrounds ( 4 ), Motion LX16 wides ( 2 ) , Motion 4 heights ( 2 ) for a new 11.2 setup ( I prefer SVS subs and haven't changed those other than adding a SB1000 sub to my existing 20 - 39PCI cylinder ).

The Martin Logans sound cleaner, clearer, more detailed and can play louder. I like them better. YMMV.

Axiom's Full Metal Bracket speaker bracket is the best damn bracket made - I love 'em !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #321 of 321 Old 05-20-2014, 11:02 PM

I know this is a late post but I need to share or vent. I have had some of the original Axiom M22's and Love them. The only issue is I have to say is that for some reason the circuit board broke on the crossover. As I have 4 of them and they have all been treated the same over the years, It is reasonable that its a quality issue.

When I contacted Axiom I was told that a new crossover is $74 and since they are slighly different than the old ones, I should buy 2 but I have 4 speakers so that is $296. Not really a good response from a company I used to admire.

Would have preferred them to have an old parts one they could have sent me for free.

Time to look at new companies.

frown.gif
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page