I have nice shiny white hometheater with Q Acoustics 2010i, 2000C for front. Back is Minx Min10 in wall. I`m now intrested in Minx21 for the front, neigbours don`t like my ht.
So little system would be more than enough, and i like small better. My subwoofer is 10" BK Electronics Gemini2. Couple of questions and info:
- Is there a day/night difference between Minx 10 and Minx 21?
- Listening room is 3metres x 4metres european house concrete walls
- I would put those 21`s on top of tv-shelf which is 140cm width, about same width as my Samsung 64" plasma. From my tv to my sofa the listening distance is 2-2,5metres. So it would not be optimal what dolby recommends the listening triangle. I dont want floor stands anymore. I know there is the little one stands for minx, they bring speakers couple cm of the shelf, but i think i cant put banana plugs if i get those. Minx 600D Table Top Stand is what i mean. Minx comes with the little silicone balls, maybe they are enough if putted to tv-shelf? I dont want to put front speakers wall also.
- Amp is Harmann Kardon 7.1
- What do you think of the subwoofer with Minx? Can i adjust it nicely with minx? I put the specs down.
- Is it stupid to change real speakers to those little wonders?
How much i maybe lose in sound quality?
I am only watching movies, for music i use headphones.
BK Electronics Gemini 2
* 2 Years Warranty
* Independent high and low level inputs with separate gain and frequency controls to enable the use of Hi-Fi and AV connections simultaneously.
* True 150W (Continuous) discrete bipolar technology DC coupled
* Twin frequency displays shows the upper roll off frequency of the twin filters
* 5 Led Vu meter shows relative power level
* Internal filter bypass switch on Low Level Input
* Variable cut off frequency 40Hz - 120Hz
* Gold Plated RCA Phono's
* 0 - 180 Deg phase switching
* IEC power input socket - no captive leads for installation flexibility
* Hand-built in Great Britain
System Type: Infinite Baffle Sub-bass system with on board amplification and active filtering. Fully optimised enclosure manufactured from critically damped 18mm 3/4“ MDF.
Drive Unit : 250mm 10 “ high-efficiency unit. Extreme long stroke polypropylene cone driven by a 2 ” 50mm voice coil. Heavy duty steel chassis
Amplifier: 150W RMS DC coupled bi-polar.
Inputs: High Level 100K ohm unbalanced via Neutrik Speakon connector Low level 10K unbalanced via gold plated RCA connectors.
Power Req.: 230V / 50Hz
Dimensions: 315D X 355H x 290W
Weight: 13.4 kg