Cambridge Audio Minx Satellite Speakers and Home Theater Systems Discussion Thread - Page 65 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1921 of 1922 Unread Today, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hey guys

i would like a little advice here. few months ago i was looking for a couple of speakers to install at my ceiling behind me in order to get a 7.2 speaker setup. My ceiling is low (2m height) so i needed a speaker that would be small and good. this is how i got to Minx 11. Great little speakers. My setup right now is

Fronts : B&W 603 S2
Center : B&W LCR600 S3
Rear : B&W LM1
Back : Minx 11
Sub : SVS PB1000

i chose the Min 11 over the 21 because of the price.... i might have a chance to sell my Min 11 in order to get the Min 21, so i was wondering if i will get any noticeable difference.

The min 11 has 85db when the 21 has 87-88db (closer to 91 for my b&w) and i will get a 2-3db boost since i am running a 15meter cable in order to connect my back speakers to my avr.

The min 11 has 2 speakers which MIGHT give me better sound with the lower frequencies i am guessing,

and finally the height will stay the same. i am satisfied with my Minx 11 but if i have a chance to get a better performance in the same height, why not.

my questions is, is it worth it to upgrade?

thanks
Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1922 Unread Today, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeDeV View Post
hey guys

i would like a little advice here. few months ago i was looking for a couple of speakers to install at my ceiling behind me in order to get a 7.2 speaker setup. My ceiling is low (2m height) so i needed a speaker that would be small and good. this is how i got to Minx 11. Great little speakers. My setup right now is

Fronts : B&W 603 S2
Center : B&W LCR600 S3
Rear : B&W LM1
Back : Minx 11
Sub : SVS PB1000

i chose the Min 11 over the 21 because of the price.... i might have a chance to sell my Min 11 in order to get the Min 21, so i was wondering if i will get any noticeable difference.

The min 11 has 85db when the 21 has 87-88db (closer to 91 for my b&w) and i will get a 2-3db boost since i am running a 15meter cable in order to connect my back speakers to my avr.

The min 11 has 2 speakers which MIGHT give me better sound with the lower frequencies i am guessing,

and finally the height will stay the same. i am satisfied with my Minx 11 but if i have a chance to get a better performance in the same height, why not.

my questions is, is it worth it to upgrade?

thanks
Ted
Just curious, do you notice any timbral difference in the surrounds between the two speakers? I doubt there will be any substantial difference between the 11 and 21 if used in the rear; however, let's hear from the more experienced ones
Reply Speakers

Tags
Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11 Speaker , Subwoofers , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 10 Satellite Speaker Black Each

User Tag List