Cambridge Audio Minx Satellite Speakers and Home Theater Systems Discussion Thread - Page 68 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2011 of 2013 Old 02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McIntosh View Post
I have 5 minx 20 speakers and a Mirage sub. I just got a new Onkyo AVR to replace an old Denon that died. This receiver does not allow the sub's crossover setting to be set by the receiver, so what should I set the crossover to on my Mirage 8" sub? Audyssey set the crossover of the speakers at 150 - does that sound about right? Thanks for the help!
Hi,

May I ask, what is the model no: of the new Onkyo AVR that you have? I ask, as being a new/newer model, I am a little surprised that it does not offer you the option of of setting the sub's crossover on it, especially since it seems to have Audyssey? Maybe others more in the know can chime in in this!

I would set the X/O at the back on the sub at 150 as Audyssey suggests - it seems about right although if the Mirage sub settings go higher, play around between 150 & possibly a little higher if need be.

Bazzy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2013 Old 02-05-2015, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is an Onkyo TX-NR616. It came out in mid 2012 so it is a little older. This is kind of an in-betweener purchase. I wanted to get a receiver that is full 4k ready, like a Denon X4100 but can't justify the cost when there isn't much if anything using this, and I don't have a 4k TV yet. So, I found this one on a closeout and I had been wanting to try an Onkyo, so this receiver fell in my lap. I have to say it's a pretty big step up from the Denon 988 I had in terms of sound and picture quality. Pretty happy with it so far.
post #2013 of 2013 Old Today, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Huh?! What did I miss? By the look of things, nothing.

OPPO BETA GROUP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11 Speaker , Subwoofers , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 10 Satellite Speaker Black Each