Cambridge Audio Minx Satellite Speakers and Home Theater Systems Discussion Thread - Page 69 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
post #2041 of 2042 Unread Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post
Looking good moriarty! I particularly like reading the exchange between you and Steve and he should be commended for taking his time for helping you. Keep up the good work and have fun!

I have been having big problems since I upgraded to larger powered monitors with the Emotiva Stealth 6. Because of room size and configuration, I went from using the Stealth 6 for my rear surround speakers to a pair of the Airmotiv 4s and both of those were too big and overpowering. Guess what? I'm back to using a pair of Min 21 for surround.
I need some small speakers for surround. Main speakers are Monitor Audio BX5 towers and BK Gemini2 sub. I have owned Minx Minx10 as rear speakers, but they sound too thin. Did you lose lot of information when going to smaller rear speakers? I think it would be optimal to put all speakers to small/80hz as THX recommends. I could buy Min22 for rear, but they don`t go lower than 120hz? There is lot of talk that you can benefit from larger rear speakers that go under 80hz easily. Opionions guys please!

I would be using 4.1 setup (phantom center, as my sweet spot is center and the distance between speakers arent that much. It really works good. I have owned center speakers, but now feels i don`t need one anymore. Smaller apartment also..)
Sure best bet would be using same manifacturers speakers, but... Monitor audio Radius 45 vs Minx Min22 would be the case. Price wise almost the same.. But i like the BMR element.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2042 Unread Today, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 39
If you like the BMR, why don't you use either the Aero 2 or the Aero 3? Or, get rid of the Monitor Audio's and do a complete Aero or Aeromax system.

My situation with using the Min 21 as surround duty is only a temporary thing. I plan on larger surrounds when I can find time to wall mount them because I have little room on the floor and it looks bad. I really don't think you should mix and match speaker brands / models but many people do and are happy.

OPPO BETA GROUP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11 Speaker , Subwoofers , Cambridge Audio Minx Min 10 Satellite Speaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page