Need help with 9.2 speaker placements - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-15-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please take a look at the surround.gif attachment. It shows my set up. I need to remove a left and right side surround speaker (shown in red in diagram) and move them to the Front left and right wide position.

The question is which side surrounds should I move? The one next to the front row seats or second row seats for the best sound? The side surrounds and rear speakers are all about 7 feet apart from each other.

We mainly sit in the front row. So is it best to have the side surround directly across from our ears by the first row or about 7 feet behind us by the second row. Or does it even matter?

(Some may ask. why I have 2 side surrounds. I have a denon AVR 5805 which allows you to have 2 left and right side surrounds that act as 1. I have a really long room.)

I am replacing the Denon 5805 with a Onkyo 5008. Rewiring the speaker locations is not a option, I wish it was.

thanks for any help and opinions.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM

Not sure why you have to move any speakers, and why you just can't add two more.

Get a speaker select box for the 2 pairs of side surround, run them off the surround on the 5008.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 View Post

Not sure why you have to move any speakers, and why you just can't add two more.

Get a speaker select box for the 2 pairs of side surround, run them off the surround on the 5008.

Well I am going to have to move 2 speakers to the front left and right wide spots. I don't have 2 other speakers to put in those places.

I already spent like 7 grand on speakers and don't want to buy 2 more. Rather use what I got. Budget is getting tight.

thanks
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page