Help with wiring needs for Jamo 606, Denon 1611 and Bic America F12 subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What type of wiring do I need for the Jamo 606? I assume it comes with none? Should I get 12 gauge, 14 gauge or 16 gauge? Do I need to add the gold banana connectors or what?

Also, for the Bic America F12 do I just get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And does the F12 do LFE with the Denon receiver? If so, how do I do that? I don't understand this audio stuff too much yet. lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
? you been on here since 02 and you have over 4k post.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

What type of wiring do I need for the Jamo 606? I assume it comes with none? Should I get 12 gauge, 14 gauge or 16 gauge? Do I need to add the gold banana connectors or what?

Also, for the Bic America F12 do I just get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And does the F12 do LFE with the Denon receiver? If so, how do I do that? I don't understand this audio stuff too much yet. lol.

The Jamo s606 has none. How long are your runs going to be to your speakers? I generally recommend 14gauge. You don't need gold plated banana plugs at all I use just bare wire but if you are frequently connecting and disconnecting your speakers which most people don't do I would recommend them

Yes the denon avr-1611 and Bic f12 does do LFE.

For your cabling needs I suggest
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
For speaker wire

And for a subwoofer cable
post #4 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushum View Post

? you been on here since 02 and you have over 4k post.

Are you asking me because that is shocking that I've been on her since 2002 and have 4,000 posts or because I've been here since 2002 and have 4,000 posts, but am not 100% sure which wires to use for a non HTIB surround sound system? For never having owned a non HTIB sound system I feel I was pretty close to the ball park. lol. I just felt the need to be totally sure that I was making a good choice.

I've always been more of a videophile and the best sound system I have owned was a Philips HTIB from Wal-Mart. I've never been interested in audio. I thought my Philips sounded great. Now I'm wanting to replace it. So that is why I'm not an expert on hooking up a non HTIB surround sound. I have the general idea, but am cautious not to make silly mistakes thinking I know everything already.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post

The Jamo s606 has none. How long are your runs going to be to your speakers? I generally recommend 14gauge. You don't need gold plated banana plugs at all I use just bare wire but if you are frequently connecting and disconnecting your speakers which most people don't do I would recommend them

Alright, thanks man. I'm not quite sure yet about the distance. I'm guessing I'll need 25' for each rear speaker and under 10' for the fronts. Unless I put the woofer under my projector. Then it'll be reversed. Long wires for fronts and short for the rears.

Quote:

Yes the denon avr-1611 and Bic f12 does do LFE.

Ok great. Does the cabling you recommended for the subwoofer for LFE? I never fully understood the LFE. I thought it was a separate connection or something to get LFE. It always had me a bit confused. lol.

Quote:

For your cabling needs I suggest
For speaker wire

And for a subwoofer cable

Thanks very much for all of the help. I'm seriously considering this setup for the near future. It seems like it'll really blow me away compared to my Philips HTIB.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 160
The wire I suggested works for your setup

Do yourself a favor and read the manual to the receiver cover to cover it's available on denon's site and that might answer your questions
post #7 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Or batpigs Denon guide...
http://batpigworld.com/

Afro GT
post #8 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 AM

Yeah, the relation of the F12 to the Denon will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the speaker wires to the other 5.

Yes, read the Denon/BIC manuals...
post #9 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:

Ok great. Does the cabling you recommended for the subwoofer for LFE? I never fully understood the LFE. I thought it was a separate connection or something to get LFE. It always had me a bit confused. lol.

The cable that you use for LFE is just a standard RCA cable like the Digital Coax/Component, etc cable that crazyrob suggested. On the back of the Denon there is a single LFE jack and on the F12 there will be an LFE Input jack. Just plug one end of each able into the jacks and you're good to go. You don't need to mess with the speaker jacks on the back.

Just a extra bit of info too, when using the LFE jack it disables the crossover and lets the receiver control the crossover.

The batpig site that afrogt recommended has some great materials on setting up Audyssey as well. Well worth a read.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:

Are you asking me because that is shocking that I've been on her since 2002 and have 4,000 posts or because I've been here since 2002 and have 4,000 posts, but am not 100% sure which wires to use for a non HTIB surround sound system? For never having owned a non HTIB sound system I feel I was pretty close to the ball park. lol. I just felt the need to be totally sure that I was making a good choice.

I've always been more of a videophile and the best sound system I have owned was a Philips HTIB from Wal-Mart. I've never been interested in audio. I thought my Philips sounded great. Now I'm wanting to replace it. So that is why I'm not an expert on hooking up a non HTIB surround sound. I have the general idea, but am cautious not to make silly mistakes thinking I know everything already.

I see, just thought its was funny that someone that is familiar with this forum would have these kinds of question, was thinking that you where messing around. That's why you are a wise man my friend. Ask questions and do it right the first time so you don't have to spend more money later.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page