Help with wiring needs for Jamo 606, Denon 1611 and Bic America F12 subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
MTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
What type of wiring do I need for the Jamo 606? I assume it comes with none? Should I get 12 gauge, 14 gauge or 16 gauge? Do I need to add the gold banana connectors or what?

Also, for the Bic America F12 do I just get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And does the F12 do LFE with the Denon receiver? If so, how do I do that? I don't understand this audio stuff too much yet. lol.
MTyson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 AM
Member
 
kushum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
? you been on here since 02 and you have over 4k post.
kushum is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
crazyrob425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

What type of wiring do I need for the Jamo 606? I assume it comes with none? Should I get 12 gauge, 14 gauge or 16 gauge? Do I need to add the gold banana connectors or what?

Also, for the Bic America F12 do I just get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And does the F12 do LFE with the Denon receiver? If so, how do I do that? I don't understand this audio stuff too much yet. lol.

The Jamo s606 has none. How long are your runs going to be to your speakers? I generally recommend 14gauge. You don't need gold plated banana plugs at all I use just bare wire but if you are frequently connecting and disconnecting your speakers which most people don't do I would recommend them

Yes the denon avr-1611 and Bic f12 does do LFE.

For your cabling needs I suggest
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
For speaker wire

And for a subwoofer cable
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
crazyrob425 is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
MTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushum View Post

? you been on here since 02 and you have over 4k post.

Are you asking me because that is shocking that I've been on her since 2002 and have 4,000 posts or because I've been here since 2002 and have 4,000 posts, but am not 100% sure which wires to use for a non HTIB surround sound system? For never having owned a non HTIB sound system I feel I was pretty close to the ball park. lol. I just felt the need to be totally sure that I was making a good choice.

I've always been more of a videophile and the best sound system I have owned was a Philips HTIB from Wal-Mart. I've never been interested in audio. I thought my Philips sounded great. Now I'm wanting to replace it. So that is why I'm not an expert on hooking up a non HTIB surround sound. I have the general idea, but am cautious not to make silly mistakes thinking I know everything already.
MTyson is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
MTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post

The Jamo s606 has none. How long are your runs going to be to your speakers? I generally recommend 14gauge. You don't need gold plated banana plugs at all I use just bare wire but if you are frequently connecting and disconnecting your speakers which most people don't do I would recommend them

Alright, thanks man. I'm not quite sure yet about the distance. I'm guessing I'll need 25' for each rear speaker and under 10' for the fronts. Unless I put the woofer under my projector. Then it'll be reversed. Long wires for fronts and short for the rears.

Quote:


Yes the denon avr-1611 and Bic f12 does do LFE.

Ok great. Does the cabling you recommended for the subwoofer for LFE? I never fully understood the LFE. I thought it was a separate connection or something to get LFE. It always had me a bit confused. lol.

Quote:


For your cabling needs I suggest
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
For speaker wire

And for a subwoofer cable
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Thanks very much for all of the help. I'm seriously considering this setup for the near future. It seems like it'll really blow me away compared to my Philips HTIB.
MTyson is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
crazyrob425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 160
The wire I suggested works for your setup

Do yourself a favor and read the manual to the receiver cover to cover it's available on denon's site and that might answer your questions
crazyrob425 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 22,815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Or batpigs Denon guide...
http://batpigworld.com/

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
 
schan1269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, the relation of the F12 to the Denon will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the speaker wires to the other 5.

Yes, read the Denon/BIC manuals...
schan1269 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Member
 
Gibbsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Ok great. Does the cabling you recommended for the subwoofer for LFE? I never fully understood the LFE. I thought it was a separate connection or something to get LFE. It always had me a bit confused. lol.

The cable that you use for LFE is just a standard RCA cable like the Digital Coax/Component, etc cable that crazyrob suggested. On the back of the Denon there is a single LFE jack and on the F12 there will be an LFE Input jack. Just plug one end of each able into the jacks and you're good to go. You don't need to mess with the speaker jacks on the back.

Just a extra bit of info too, when using the LFE jack it disables the crossover and lets the receiver control the crossover.

The batpig site that afrogt recommended has some great materials on setting up Audyssey as well. Well worth a read.
Gibbsman is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Member
 
kushum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson View Post

Are you asking me because that is shocking that I've been on her since 2002 and have 4,000 posts or because I've been here since 2002 and have 4,000 posts, but am not 100% sure which wires to use for a non HTIB surround sound system? For never having owned a non HTIB sound system I feel I was pretty close to the ball park. lol. I just felt the need to be totally sure that I was making a good choice.

I've always been more of a videophile and the best sound system I have owned was a Philips HTIB from Wal-Mart. I've never been interested in audio. I thought my Philips sounded great. Now I'm wanting to replace it. So that is why I'm not an expert on hooking up a non HTIB surround sound. I have the general idea, but am cautious not to make silly mistakes thinking I know everything already.

I see, just thought its was funny that someone that is familiar with this forum would have these kinds of question, was thinking that you where messing around. That's why you are a wise man my friend. Ask questions and do it right the first time so you don't have to spend more money later.
kushum is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off