Philharmonic Audio - Dennis Murphy - Page 166 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 121Likes
post #4951 of 4961 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I think the kid pushed the dust cap in a 1/4"...If so, other than cosmetic, the sound won't be affected.

Main: Mitsubishi 73734 DLP|Amazon Fire TV|Toshiba HD DVD-A35|Panasonic BD65|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 DIY Class 'G' 540w 12" Subs|APC H15|Harmony 720 Remote|Linksys E3000 Dual Band N-Router|Linksys SE2500 Ethernet Switch

MBR: Vizio VF550M|Roku 2XS|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|(Temporary)Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PureAV PF30|Harmony 550 Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4961 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zasx2 View Post
Lol i have twins 20 months old and they decided to investigate my system one was pushing the lite on the amp on and off and the other pushed the center of the base thinking it was c8ool but dint go all the way threw it about the size of a dime on the side of tthe bump in the middle about a quarter inch deep but not a hole just pushed in
OK--now I get it. It's the old dented dust cap routine. It's purely a cosmetic issue. It won't degrade the sound in any way. There are a couple of ways to fix it, although it's hard with very stiff paper caps like the Scan Speak uses. You can try sticking a strip of clear shipping tape over the dent, and then yanking it off quickly. That actually worked for me a couple of times. You have to stick the tape on tight and yank really hard. You can also try getting new twins. Cheers

Last edited by Dennis Murphy; Today at 05:23 PM.
post #4953 of 4961 Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 20
OK...My sons Affordable Accuracy towers should be delivered in a few days. Till that time comes, I am searching (unsuccessfully) to find actual owners reviews/pictures.

I'm certain these will be sweet but like anyone else, I want to read as much about them as I can find to kill the time and to build the anticipation level even higher.

So, anyone in this thread have any they would like to showoff/review?

Main: Mitsubishi 73734 DLP|Amazon Fire TV|Toshiba HD DVD-A35|Panasonic BD65|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 DIY Class 'G' 540w 12" Subs|APC H15|Harmony 720 Remote|Linksys E3000 Dual Band N-Router|Linksys SE2500 Ethernet Switch

MBR: Vizio VF550M|Roku 2XS|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|(Temporary)Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PureAV PF30|Harmony 550 Remote
post #4954 of 4961 Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy View Post
OK--now I get it. It's the old dented dust cap routine. It's purely a cosmetic issue. It won't degrade the sound in any way. There are a couple of ways to fix it, although it's hard with very stiff paper caps like the Scan Speak uses. You can try sticking a strip of clear shipping take over the dent, and then yanking it off quickly. That actually worked for me a couple of times. You have to stick the tape on tight and yank really hard. You can also try getting new twins. Cheers
Oh thats so great my heart sunk when i saw it but i cant get mad at them there just exploring lol great idea ill give it a go.its my fault not theres lol how about some grills cuz you know that wont be the last time do they have them.i went to your site today for the first time in a long while as i was flabbergasted at seeing my olive burl speakers there made me feel proud. Wow do they look good you get so used to them in your own house same ol same but its amazzzing seeing them eles wear. They look amazing all i need is the piano thanks
post #4955 of 4961 Old Today, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Dennis, any idea whan the Phil with the BMR midrange driver might hit the "free market"...I sure have enjoyed mine, they are absolutely excellent for music!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
post #4956 of 4961 Old Today, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Dennis, any idea whan the Phil with the BMR midrange driver might hit the "free market"...I sure have enjoyed mine, they are absolutely excellent for music!
I hope to open up the store for BMR orders next week. I've had to revise the crossover slightly to accommodate a newer version of the Scan Speak woofer that just became available. It will provide slightly better bass response, but looks exactly the same. Thanks to the strong dollar, I'll be able to meet my price goal of under $1500 for the version with the prefabricated cabinets.

Last edited by Dennis Murphy; Today at 05:24 PM.
post #4957 of 4961 Old Today, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Dennis, if the final version of the speaker will have "slightly better" bass than the almost 40 hz my Beta version can hit, that speaker will have OUTSTANDING bass!
Anyone who is looking for a speaker that hits low really well, is mostly flat throughout the FR and has an excellent RAAL tweeter, I doubt you will find better for 1500/pr! I have expressed some questions about the BMR as a midrange, simple becuase the mids are more recessed and more "flat" than the EMP speakers I am use to, but I have come to appreciate that the "lack of coloration" in the midrange helps create a terrific sounding speaker. And that RAAL tweeter has amazing clarity and detail!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, EMP 10i10i sub
post #4958 of 4961 Old Today, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Can someone point me to a post with more info on the BMR's please?
post #4959 of 4961 Old Today, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mechx, I posted a very unofficial, non professional review awhile back...here it is...

Speaker review- the Phil-BMR, from Dennis Murphy

post #4960 of 4961 Old Today, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Mechx, I posted a very unofficial, non professional review awhile back...here it is...

Speaker review- the Phil-BMR, from Dennis Murphy
Thank you very much!
post #4961 of 4961 Unread Today, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

If you want more detail, send me a PM and I can elaborate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers