Philharmonic Audio - Dennis Murphy - Page 203 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 678Likes

post #6061 of 6068 Old 06-19-2017, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nL34f View Post
Dennis do you think 50-55 wpc stereo amp would be enough for your AAM?
When I asked Dennis he indicated that 30 watts at 6 ohms should be enough to power the AAMs. Just make sure your equipment specs that at 20-20 kHz with less than 1% distortion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 6068 Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrowe0 View Post
When I asked Dennis he indicated that 30 watts at 6 ohms should be enough to power the AAMs. Just make sure your equipment specs that at 20-20 kHz with less than 1% distortion.
It all depends on the room and how loud you will play them. I know they work in an office setting running an ancient Rat Shack 20-watt mini amp. For really loud playback in a large carpeted room, I would want at least 80 clean watts. Of course, a watt isn't always a watt. For example, NAD specs are always conservative in terms of what the amp can really deliver. Anyhow, if you're not planning on annoying the neighbors and your room isn't huge, I think you can get by with the 50 watt receiver.
post #6063 of 6068 Old 06-19-2017, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post
How are you liking the center channel? I own the bs22s and looking to upgrade the center just for now. Just not sure whether to go this route or different line of speakers.
He says "amazing sound" so I'd bet he likes them.

post #6064 of 6068 Old 06-21-2017, 05:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Just a small amp synergy report with my New Philharmonitors:

Firstwatt F7 DIY - 20 Watts class A - able to reach normal listening levels but poor dynamics, runs out of steam, bass didn't sound right. sweet treble and mids but poor pairing

Digital Amplifier Company Inline Maraschino Monoblocks with 48V power supplies: good pairing, no issues, sounds like a good class ab amp to me.

Hopefully I am done auditioning amps for a while. Right now the Maraschinos are perfect for me and my space constrained bedroom setup. I still love my odyssey kismet monoblocks, they are saved for when I redo my living room and get tower speakers the size of Exitar the celestial. (marvel comics reference)

KramerTC likes this.

Gear list: Main setup - Kef Q900, Svs sb12-nsd subwoofer, onkyo 609 receiver, epson 8350 projector, elitescreens sable 92" screen, mac mini htpc
Bedroom setup: Philharmonic Audio New Philharmonitors, Odyssey Kismet Monoblocks, Soekris Dac, Hattor active preamp
post #6065 of 6068 Old Today, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just updated my website to introduce the less expensive version of the BMR monitors and to drop the Slims Jr from my roster of speakers. The new Salk Song 3 is almost identical to the Slims except for the woofer, which is a superior unit from Satori.
post #6066 of 6068 Old Today, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Liked: 1106
Dennis, I see the new monitor has a different RAAL than the Phil-BMR. Is that cost or space reasons? what propertied does that RAAL have that the 64-10
doesn't (or vice versa)?

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #6067 of 6068 Old Today, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
Dennis, I see the new monitor has a different RAAL than the Phil-BMR. Is that cost or space reasons? what propertied does that RAAL have that the 64-10
doesn't (or vice versa)?
Hi The two BMR's are identical except for the cabinets and some crossover tweaks necessitated by the shorter baffle on the prefab versions. They both use the 64-10, as does the New Philharmonitor and the now defunct Slims.
post #6068 of 6068 Old Today, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy View Post
I just updated my website to introduce the less expensive version of the BMR monitors and to drop the Slims Jr from my roster of speakers. The new Salk Song 3 is almost identical to the Slims except for the woofer, which is a superior unit from Satori.
You really oughta always post a link to your website at the bottom of your posts every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
slim towers