Which of these 5.1 system do you like ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bose acoustimass 6 (5.1 with onkyo receiver) vs Logitech z906 (pc speakers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Neither, there are better options available. What's your total budget?

Afro GT
Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Neither, there are better options available. What's your total budget?

Agreed. Give us room dimensions, budget, and what you want to use the system for (music, movies, both) and let us help you find something your ears will actually enjoy.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:http://www.tempestaudio.blogspot.com  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I already have bose acoustimass 6 . The sound is great but the room is a little bit big (living room) with no doors. I also live in a flat ,so i didnt buy big speakers because of neighbours.Its already over my limits buying the bose ,and when an action takes part in a movie,the sound goes really high. My neighbour already told me twice to keep the volume low.I would really like to move my bose to a smaller room with a door so the sound sounds better.Got me guys ?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Oh and my receiver is very good too.Its onkyo DTS and Dolby and my sound is all set.With optical wire and HDMI .
Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:

Got me guys ?

Not really. So if you already have your receiver and Bose AM6 system, what are you looking for from us?

So what does the Logitech have to do with this conversation? Do you already have those too?

Afro GT
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Because my brother is getting that logitech system because he has low budget.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I mean my bose system sounds good,but i know it can sound really better because i rad and people told me the acostimass 6 is designed for small rooms.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Not to be a downer, but with the Bose drivers being so small, you're going to have to push it to high volumes to hear them in a big room. If you got almost ANYTHING else, with a bit bigger drivers, you'd be able to not only hear more frequencies, but also be able to hear them a bit better at lower volumes. You can even try craigslist and get a pair of bookshelf speakers and put your Bose in your other smaller room like you said.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:http://www.tempestaudio.blogspot.com  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

I already have bose acoustimass 6 . The sound is great but the room is a little bit big (living room) with no doors. I also live in a flat ,so i didnt buy big speakers because of neighbours.Its already over my limits buying the bose ,and when an action takes part in a movie,the sound goes really high. My neighbour already told me twice to keep the volume low.I would really like to move my bose to a smaller room with a door so the sound sounds better.Got me guys ?

Use the Audyssey dynamic volume option in your Onkyo receiver. That will keep the volume from blasting during action sequences. You can also set the mode to "Evening".

If you still have 30days for your Bose stuff, just return it. BTW in which country are you living. Since you say that you are in a "flat", you are probably not in USA.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Use the Audyssey dynamic volume option in your Onkyo receiver. That will keep the volume from blasting during action sequences. You can also set the mode to "Evening".

If you still have 30days for your Bose stuff, just return it. BTW in which country are you living. Since you say that you are in a "flat", you are probably not in USA.

Well , i cant return it as my father paid for the system. I live in malta. Its weird that i dont have the Audyssey dynamic volume option in my onkyo receiver nor the option to switch to ''Evening''.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post

Well , i cant return it as my father paid for the system. I live in malta. Its weird that i dont have the Audyssey dynamic volume option in my onkyo receiver nor the option to switch to ''Evening''.

You had your father pay for your Bose system? You wasted a ton of his money!

Does your father have the bill/receipt. Is it within 30 days?

What is the model of the receiver? Perhaps the Onkyo receivers sold outside USA don't have Audyssey?

In this age of internet, I cant believe one would literally throw money in trash, without doing any research/reading on what is available.

Just curious, how much was that system (in US dollars) your father bought for you?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 378
I don't mean to get in the middle of another bose bashing but the OP understands how most of you (us) feel: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1357912

I can't imagine the advice being any different.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Yep. You dont spend a lot of money already on some Bose system and then come here and ask if they are any good. That question should have been asked before spending the money. The ACM6 is $700. May not be a lot of money for a 5.1 system but not a lot of value that money can buy when spent on any Bose system.

I hate Bose because of the way they prey on people who are less informed. I wonder if the people working at the marketing dept. at Bose have any conscience at all?

This is just like the mortgage crisis i.e how the banks lured people who really cant afford the big house into signing that big mortgage with an initial low rate. The people who were less informed are also to blame for not doing the research, but I would put more more blame on the businesses that exploit the ignorant and less informed.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Yep. You dont spend a lot of money already on some Bose system and then come here and ask if they are any good. That question should have been asked before spending the money. The ACM6 is $700. May not be a lot of money for a 5.1 system but not a lot of value that money can buy when spent on any Bose system.

I hate Bose because of the way they prey on people who are less informed. I wonder if the people working at the marketing dept. at Bose have any conscience at all?

This is just like the mortgage crisis i.e how the banks lured people who really cant afford the big house into signing that big mortgage with an initial low rate. The people who were less informed are also to blame for not doing the research, but I would put more more blame on the businesses that exploit the ignorant and less informed.

I agree. They take advantage. And they pay big businesses like Frys electronics and Best Buy to blab on and on about Bose awesome "technology". I had a guy at Best Buy try and tell me Klipsch (probably spelled wrong. Sorry) wasn't as good as Bose because Bose speakers have both Highs and lows while Klipsch has only lows. Really Best Buy guy?!

HAVE:

Receiver: Marantz SR6004
Speakers: Philharmonic 2; TagMclaren Calliope; Pioneer BS-22
Sub: W15GTI MKII (Tuned to 20hz; 300 liter enclosure) X 2
Old 09-06-2011, 03:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I don't mean to get in the middle of another bose bashing but the OP understands how most of you (us) feel: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1357912

I can't imagine the advice being any different.

He's persistent, though:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1358319

LOL

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12