I'm looking for some suggestions/advice for where to put my wall-mounted surround speakers.
My living room is 13' by 26' with a 9' tall ceiling. The TV and front speakers are at one end of the room and the couch is in the middle. There are some windows and doorways that are making this tricky, as shown below:
1. My wife doesn't want a speaker mounted in the middle of the wall, so they need to be mounted relatively high up.
2. One of the walls has a window & curtains covering part of the wall next to the couch.
3. We haven't yet purchased the speakers, but my wife's requirements are that they are wall-mounted, small, and white. Currently we're considering some monopole speakers (DT Promonitors, Mirage nanosats, Polk OWM3's, and Boston Soundware). All of the dipole speakers we've seen are, apparently, too big.
1. Would it work to mount the speakers close to the ceiling on either side of the couch and angle then downward?
2. Would it work to mount the speakers on the walls well-behind the couch (e.g. between the windows) and point them toward the listening position?
3. Are there other setups I haven't thought of?