Would like Wireless Speaker & Sub Rec. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just boght a Yamaha RX-A3010 receiver and am buying the Hsu Research Enthusiast 2 Speaker/Sub package and probably a mid-Bass unit. Given my room setup, getting wires to the mid-bass (or the sub, if I DON'T buy the mid-Bass) as well as the two rear surround speakers (5.1 system) will be a pain. I can do it, but I'll have to spend a lot of time making it aesthetic.

So, if possible, I would like to connect the two surrond speakers and the Mid/Sub by wireless connection to avoid having to run wires.

How do wireless systems perform? Any recommendataions? Hsu recommends a couple of items, notably the Soundcast SOU-SCK510 SubCast, and I have looked at a Rocketfish and really liked the Amphony multi-channel wireless setup.

Bottom line, I would very much appreciate advice about whether wireless will live up to the expectations I have of this new HT system, and if so, what's the best wireless solution (assuming it is worth getting wireless). I expect that if I do get wireless, the Sub and Mid-Bass will be on the same Sub channel, so I need 3 channels (Sub/Mid, Surround L and Surround R). I know the Amphony has a 4 channel setup and operates at 5.8 GHz, but do not see any substantive reviews of it. Your expert opinions OR expereiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 08:20 AM

+1 soundcast products

If you want to know if a product is "good", please tell us your definition of "bad" for an understood point of reference. Do you want subjective opinions or objective facts?
- FunHouse Media
post #3 of 3 Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 AM

I use the Amphony Model 1500 and am quite pleased with it. Clean sound and no interference from other wireless devices.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page