Finding info on vintage Onkyo speaker - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My father just gifted me a set of Onkyo 25A's. They're a large set of floor-standing speakers that were produced in the early/mid 70's, but I can't seem to find anything on them other than one clip of an advertisement.

Link

Apparently they were top-of-the-line and cost about $400 in 1974. Anyone have any idea where I can find info/reviews/schematics on this speaker?

The reason I'm looking is that the tweeter in one is not working (model no TW-301B). Is there any way to find a replacement part? If not, what should would be the best course of action? Sorry, I'm not to familiar with audio components, but thought this would be a good place to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickarmadillo View Post

My father just gifted me a set of Onkyo 25A's. They're a large set of floor-standing speakers that were produced in the early/mid 70's, but I can't seem to find anything on them other than one clip of an advertisement.

Link

Apparently they were top-of-the-line and cost about $400 in 1974. Anyone have any idea where I can find info/reviews/schematics on this speaker?

The reason I'm looking is that the tweeter in one is not working (model no TW-301B). Is there any way to find a replacement part? If not, what should would be the best course of action? Sorry, I'm not to familiar with audio components, but thought this would be a good place to ask.

Try emailing onkyo. They might be able to help. Then you can refit the parts.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

No dice. I tried emailing and got no response. Phone support is, as usual, useless and located in India and they have no idea what they are doing. Anyone have any ideas?
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page