Wireless Headphones - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sure you get questions a lot about headphones, but I have a odd one today about wireless headphones.

I don't have the greatest hearing, many years of listening to headphones at a high volume in school and being a musician (electric guitar) I've totally lost some hearing.

We have a 5.1 surround sound in the living room and soon to be a new audio receiver which will be the Onkyo TX-NR609 and the Energy Take Classic 5.1.

Now I don't need headphone for movies.. I can hear those just fine because we normally listen to them fairly loud, like the movie theaters (isn't that the point of movies?)

Anyways, during normal tv viewing, like news and the 8 o'clock sitcoms my father listens to the TV so incredible quiet that its really hard to listen to whats going on TV. The other issue is that I don't have selective hearing, so any little distraction makes it hard for me to watch tv, because of the snoring sometimes, people talking, coughing all the time, its really difficult for me.

Ok so now on the issue it self, I want to be able to listen to headphones while other people can still hear the surround with no loss of quality. All inputs will be in HDMI, from my own knowledge, I honestly don't think this is possible. But with hopefully the help of you guys, I'll be able to figure out something.

I'll probably be getting my hearing check, I honestly don't think I lost much hearing.. I just like having things loud cause I don't have to hear all the noises around me that distracts me. I hope you guys understand my situation.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My wife has the same problems, I bought her the Sennheiser RS 180 which work great. Also the AKG K 840 KL work great. She has her volume and I can listen at my level. But no HDMI connection.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page