Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm ordering shortly:

2 x BP-8080ST
1 x CS-8080HD
2 x SR-8080BP

1 x SuperCube Trinity

I was looking at the Emotiva XPA-3 to power the front stage as an upgrade down the line in a few months. I think this will be necessary.

My room is a 20 x 13 rectangle. I'll be able to symmetrically setup all the speakers. I was planning on running full range (speaker wire) to the towers and center rather than LFE.

Before I start to get super awesome I.D. replacement posts I have an accomodation program that makes this system entirely affordable at a fraction of retail. For now I'll have a Yamaha RX-A2010 running everything unless I can get a comparable recommendation. I also get a stupid deal on Yamaha AVRs. I'll have Audioquest supplying all my source and speaker connections again because of the price I pay for them.

Any glaring issues before I pull the trigger on this setup? I don't think I can do a lot better for what I'm paying. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sounds like a awesome setup, just make sure those BP8080's have atleast a few feet around them. I've heard them close to a back wall and other speakers which made them sound pretty bad. They need some space!
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2011, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior22 View Post

Sounds like a awesome setup, just make sure those BP8080's have atleast a few feet around them. I've heard them close to a back wall and other speakers which made them sound pretty bad. They need some space!

Sounds good. I was going to give some space. My biggest issue is if it will be possible to put the Trinity up front with my L/R? Otherwise I guess I will have to put it in the rear of the room. I'll have a couch facing the video portion/front stage. I'll also have two couches on each side wall. So the couches will be "U" shaped with the main viewing couch centered near the back 2/3 of the room. It will be about 12 feet back. The surrounds will be mounted ear level with the centered couch. The A/V rack will be up front too. The display will be a 65" VT30 equivalent once the new Panasonic models drop in a few months.

Regards,

B
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page