AVR Enough to Drive Polk RTi8 Towers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I pulled the trigger on an Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver because of the great Cyber Monday deal Newegg had. I was really happy with it and read great things, but I also purchased it before any of my other equipment. I am now in a situation where I might be getting a pair of Polk RTi8 towers to go along with my CSi5 center channel, RTi6 rears, and Klipsch KSW 100 subwoofer.

Can I "safely" run this setup with my receiver? I have fear of over-working the AVR, and even though it still isn't that much of an improvement, I am beginning to wish I had purchased the TX-NR609 instead.

(I posted a similar thread in the Onkyo 509/609/809 thread, but wasn't sure if that is where it was supposed to go! )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
the RTi8 speakers have an efficiency rating of 90 dB, so your NR509 will drive them to "normal" sound levels without causing a problem. If you have your system in a large volume room and need to run the volume level up to compensate, then you might be pushing the output amplifiers of the 509. As you setup your system, make sure the NR509 has plenty of room around it for ventilation, and check often to see if it is getting overly "warm".

You would have to upgrade to the NR709 to get analog pre-outs so you could add an external multi-channel amplifier if you really wanted more "umph" to push your RTi series speakers.
post #3 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 244
There is nothing "unsafe" about using what you propose.

The thing to be aware of is that you receiver is rated for is rated for 80 watts per channel with the front 2 channels driven.

That means that the only power guaranteed to be there is 160 watts, total.

In fact, your receiver has a power supply which has a total power output capability of about 350 watts. Allowing 50 watts to run all of the other circuits, that leaves about 300 watts to run the amplifiers. Any spec that implies that more than 350 watts total power is available from that receiver is a dirty LIE!

This means that you can expect about 50-60 watts per channel maximum to be available when you are driving 5 channels.

This is plenty of power to play pretty loud with speakers that efficient, and of course the low bass is amplified by the subwoofer's own amplifier.

If you are a "Cranker", and want to play it really loud, that might not be enough. If you start to hear noticeable distortion, turn it down.

If that is the case, the way to make your receiver play louder is to add a power amplifier to drive the rear 2 channels. This should have a 80 watt per channel rating or higher. By using this to drive the rear 2 channels, the 300 watts you have available from the receiver will only have to drive the remaining 3 channels, which will be able to get more power than before (80 watts per channel to 3 channels). You will now have a substantial increase in total power available.

The rear 2 channels are the only ones that have separate preamp output jacks on the 509, so that is where the external amp will have to be used (see page 11 of the owners manual; nothing will be connected to the surround speaker terminals in this case).

There are tons of power amplifiers out there, new and used, including the Emotiva UPA-2 and XPA-2.

The 609 would not be a significant increase in power in any case. To get a significant increase in receiver power, you would need a receiver on the order of the 3009.

Adding a power amplifier is better and more cost-effective, if more power is the issue.

Have fun with it! Happy new year.

[quote=KtrainHurricane;21433511]I pulled the trigger on an Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver because of the great Cyber Monday deal Newegg had. I was really happy with it and read great things, but I also purchased it before any of my other equipment. I am now in a situation where I might be getting a pair of Polk RTi8 towers to go along with my CSi5 center channel, RTi6 rears, and Klipsch KSW 100 subwoofer.

Can I "safely" run this setup with my receiver? I have fear of over-working the AVR, and even though it still isn't that much of an improvement, I am beginning to wish I had purchased the TX-NR609 instead.
post #4 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter View Post

the RTi8 speakers have an efficiency rating of 90 dB, so your NR509 will drive them to "normal" sound levels without causing a problem. If you have your system in a large volume room and need to run the volume level up to compensate, then you might be pushing the output amplifiers of the 509. As you setup your system, make sure the NR509 has plenty of room around it for ventilation, and check often to see if it is getting overly "warm".

+1

The RTi8s have better sensitivity than the Paradigm Cinema 70cts you previously posted about using. Why not give them a chance and see how they do with the receiver?

post #5 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Are you buying the RTi8 used somewhere? I don't see them for sale anymore.

If they are no longer available, I suggest you get the Polk Monitor 70 speakers, which are possibly better speakers and are available at very good prices, while they last (which may not be very long...lol).

The TSi500 would be the other alternative.

[quote=KtrainHurricane;21433511]I pulled the trigger on an Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver because of the great Cyber Monday deal Newegg had. I was really happy with it and read great things, but I also purchased it before any of my other equipment. I am now in a situation where I might be getting a pair of Polk RTi8 towers to go along with my CSi5 center channel, RTi6 rears, and Klipsch KSW 100 subwoofer.
post #6 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks so much for all the info so far! The room these will be used in is only 12'6" x 11'6" which I know is not that big. Still, I would like the speakers to go loud enough to provide a "theater experience."

Amping them always was in the back of my mind, but I did not know I would need to step up to the Onkyo 709 in order to amp the fronts...would this be a better choice than amping the rears only as suggested by commsysman? Would it be worth the money to jump from my 509 to the 709 + amp for fronts? Moving up to something like the 3009 isn't really a realistic option anytime soon, as I do not have that much money to spend.

Is there another AVR (other than Onkyo) that I should look into, that won't kill my pocket but will satisfy what I am looking for?

post #7 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

If they are no longer available, I suggest you get the Polk Monitor 70 speakers, which are possibly better speakers and are available at very good prices, while they last (which may not be very long...lol).

Yes, someone locally has them for sale used, but in perfect working condition.

I am interested in the RTi8 because they "match" the RTi6's I already have...wouldn't adding the Monitor 70 or TSi500 be "incorrect"?

post #8 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtrainHurricane View Post

Yes, someone locally has them for sale used, but in perfect working condition.

I am interested in the RTi8 because they "match" the RTi6's I already have...wouldn't adding the Monitor 70 or TSi500 be "incorrect"?

I think the others would work together well with what you have, IF you couldn't get the RTi8, but if you can get them, so much the better.
post #9 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

My thought was that you could get a power amp first, use it for the rear (since that is the only preamp out you have now), and then get another receiver with preamp output jacks for the front and center later.

The main thing is to take the load of two channels away from the receiver; that frees up power for the other 3, no matter which channels get the additional power amp.

The Emotiva UPA-2 is a great deal, but it shows as temporarily out of stock, so you would need to check into the availability.

Quote:

Thanks so much for all the info so far! The room these will be used in is only 12'6" x 11'6" which I know is not that big. Still, I would like the speakers to go loud enough to provide a "theater experience."

Amping them always was in the back of my mind, but I did not know I would need to step up to the Onkyo 709 in order to amp the fronts...would this be a better choice than amping the rears only as suggested by commsysman? Would it be worth the money to jump from my 509 to the 709 + amp for fronts? Moving up to something like the 3009 isn't really a realistic option anytime soon, as I do not have that much money to spend.

Is there another AVR (other than Onkyo) that I should look into, that won't kill my pocket but will satisfy what I am looking for?

post #10 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

My thought was that you could get a power amp now, use it for the rear (since that is the only preamp out you have), and then get another receiver with preamp output jacks for the front and center later.

But remember, with the speakers you are talking about, which have high sensitivity, you may be happy as a clam without getting an additional amp. Not everyone needs one. There are a lot of variables, so just get your speakers and see if you are OK as is.

The main thing, if you need another amp, is to take the load of two channels away from the receiver; that frees up considerable power for the other 3 channels, no matter which channels get the additional power amp.

The Emotiva UPA-2 is a great deal, but it shows as temporarily out of stock, so you would need to check into the availability.

The 609 seems to have no pre outs at all; the 709 has all seven available, so that is flexible, and it has some additional power to boot. As a matter of fact, with the added power the 709 has, I am almost sure you would never need an additional amplifier as long as kept your system at 5 channels.
You would probably want one if you ever go to seven.

Quote:

post #11 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

But remember, with the speakers you are talking about, which have high sensitivity, you may be happy as a clam without getting an additional amp. Not everyone needs one. There are a lot of variables, so just get your speakers and see if you are OK as is.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean when you say they "have high sensitivity"? Can you explain this for me?

Again - my fear was just that the receiver will over-work itself and wear out, since it can only produce 80 watts max (or less) and the speakers are rated at 250w or something crazy like that...

post #12 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean when you say they "have high sensitivity"? Can you explain this for me?

Again - my fear was just that the receiver will over-work itself and wear out, since it can only produce 80 watts max (or less) and the speakers are rated at 250w or something crazy like that...

You don't have to have a receiver which equals the maximum wattage of the speakers. That's just how much power they can handle.

The sensitivity is measurement of how much volume they can produce. So relative to the Paradigms you previously had, these Polks will get a few db louder with the same wattage. Plus, because they are towers with sound coming out of multiple drivers, they will have a fuller soundstage.

Anyway, this may all be a moot discussion depending on when you bought your receiver from Newegg. Their return policy is typically thirty days for you get it back to them--not just request an RMA. Plus, they charge a restocking fee and you have to pay the return shipping which can be $30 or $40 for a receiver. Are you sure you want to eat that?

To further your goal of creating that "theater experience" you want, start saving for a good 12" subwoofer and upgrade that 8" Klipsch KSW-100.

post #13 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 PM

Liked: 10
Polk (on ebay) sales the RTi series with a warranty. Great speaker!
post #14 of 39 Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Fry's has also had the RTi series on sale lately. Over the last month or so they've had the 8's for $299/pr, the 6's for $179/pr and the 4's for $129/pr and the CSi3 for $129. They've also had the 10's and 12's at a great price but I don't recall what they were.

I had a set of 5 and thought they were great for movies but just a tad bright for music. Very good speakers though and the Ebony models were gorgeous!

I still like the Marantz 5005 from ac4l.com ($449 new with 3 year warranty) but most any receiver will power the RTi's fairly well.
post #15 of 39 Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I decided to sell my Onkyo-509 and upgrade to an Onkyo-709 for the ability to go 7.1 and also hook up an external amp to my fronts. I had posted it in another thread, but the speakers I have are: (2) Polk RTi8, (1) Polk CSi5, (2) Polk RTi6, (2) Polk RTi4, and (2) Polk M10 that I have for sale now. My plan was to hang the RTi6's as surrounds and use the RTi4's as rears, with RTi8's as fronts and CSi5 as center, of course.

So I finally received my Onkyo-709 receiver in the mail, and was therefore able to hook up my RTi8 towers. I also hooked up the CSi5 center, RTi4's in the rear and Klipsch sub, but have not yet received my mounts so the RTi6's are sitting and waiting.

My initial thoughts are this: it doesn't seem THAT much better than the Paradigm system I had, if better at all. As others had mentioned, I really expected the RTi8's to give me a very full, powerful sound. Right now, they just seem "ehh." In my small room, I thought they would be able to go loud enough to the point where my ears hurt...no, not practical, but I like the idea that it's possible if the situation calls for it.

I ran the Audyssey setup, and it had all my crossovers set to 40hz. I changed them to 80hz. Other than that I made no adjustments.

My new questions are as follows:

-will adding the RTi6 speakers as surrounds (and therefore becomming a 7.1 setup) give me the "fuller" and more powerful sound I am looking for?

-will adding an external amplifier to the RTi8 towers really make THAT much of a difference, and "knock my socks off" like I have been told they are capable of doing?

post #16 of 39 Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 353
[quote=commsysman;21434644]

Quote:

I pulled the trigger on an Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver because of the great Cyber Monday deal Newegg had. I was really happy with it and read great things, but I also purchased it before any of my other equipment. I am now in a situation where I might be getting a pair of Polk RTi8 towers to go along with my CSi5 center channel, RTi6 rears, and Klipsch KSW 100 subwoofer.

Commsysman,

Fry's sells the RTi4, RTi6, RTi8 and RTi12. Check their website. Currently the RTi8 is going for $159 each. I guess Polk brought them back.

I've seen the RTi4 in store for $119/pr and RTi6 for $179/pr. This was just a few days ago.

Afro GT
post #17 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I decided to sell my Onkyo-509 and upgrade to an Onkyo-709 for the ability to go 7.1 and also hook up an external amp to my fronts. I had posted it in another thread, but the speakers I have are: (2) Polk RTi8, (1) Polk CSi5, (2) Polk RTi6, (2) Polk RTi4, and (2) Polk M10 that I have for sale now. My plan was to hang the RTi6's as surrounds and use the RTi4's as rears, with RTi8's as fronts and CSi5 as center, of course.

So I finally received my Onkyo-709 receiver in the mail, and was therefore able to hook up my RTi8 towers. I also hooked up the CSi5 center, RTi4's in the rear and Klipsch sub, but have not yet received my mounts so the RTi6's are sitting and waiting.

My initial thoughts are this: it doesn't seem THAT much better than the Paradigm system I had, if better at all. As others had mentioned, I really expected the RTi8's to give me a very full, powerful sound. Right now, they just seem "ehh." In my small room, I thought they would be able to go loud enough to the point where my ears hurt...no, not practical, but I like the idea that it's possible if the situation calls for it.

I ran the Audyssey setup, and it had all my crossovers set to 40hz. I changed them to 80hz. Other than that I made no adjustments.

-will adding the RTi6 speakers as surrounds (and therefore becomming a 7.1 setup) give me the "fuller" and more powerful sound I am looking for?

-will adding an external amplifier to the RTi8 towers really make THAT much of a difference, and "knock my socks off" like I have been told they are capable of doing?

Anyone?

post #18 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It depends how loud you plan to play your system. Those Polk speakers all have pretty good sensitivity, you may not need more power. Then again maybe you do if the plan is to make your ears hurt.

Using the RTi6 as surrounds is fine but what are you expecting? They are surrounds so they don't get nearly as much content as the front 3 speakers.

And more importantly, is your room configured for a proper 7.1 setup?

Afro GT
post #19 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

It depends how loud you plan to play your system. Those Polk speakers all have pretty good sensitivity, you may not need more power. Then again maybe you do if the plan is to make your ears hurt.

Using the RTi6 as surrounds is fine but what are you expecting? They are surrounds so they don't get nearly as much content as the front 3 speakers.

And more importantly, is your room configured for a proper 7.1 setup?

Well when I hooked it up and went through my usual "demo" discs...Iron Man 2, Driven and Tron...I pushed my receiver up to +10 or +15 db. Like I said in my last post - I really expected the RTi8 towers to be a night/day difference over my small Paradigm 70ct satellites, but they did not seem to be.

I understand that the surrounds are just "surrounds" and won't pass through as much audio as my front 3 will, but I was thinking...either logically or illogically...that having speakers in front, to the sides, and behind me will produce a "fuller" and therefore "louder" audio track than just having speakers in front of and behind me.

As far as the RTi8 towers though, I go back to my latest question:
-will adding a separate amplifier really make THAT much of a difference and allow them to "knock my socks off" like I expected?

Or should I try cranking the receiver up farther than +15 db and see how it does? Will that be "over-working" it?

post #20 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I have no idea what the db numbers mean on your receiver since I don't have a NR709.
My receivers don't go to +15, or at least I've never had to turn them up that high.

Try to find an amp locally and see if it makes a difference. Hopefully you can return it if it doesn't.

Afro GT
post #21 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I have no idea what the db numbers mean on your receiver since I don't have a NR709.
My receivers don't go to +15, or at least I've never had to turn them up that high.

Try to find an amp locally and see if it makes a difference. Hopefully you can return it if it doesn't.

I am going to try and get a decible meter as soon as possible from the local Radio Shack, so I will know exactly how "loud" the volume is.

I don't know exactly what +15 db on my receiver equates to, but I know it is pretty high up there...at least 2/3 of the receiver's max.

post #22 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Maybe not and maybe not.

First, a 10db increase is normally what it takes to get double the perceived increase in volume. To achieve that, you have to increase the wattage by a factor of 10. Doubling the wattage is only a 3db increase. So if you are looking for a lot louder, adding an amp to the front might not make a significant difference. Same would be true about adding two more speakers as surrounds. Might give you a little more fuller sound, but not a lot more volume.

If you are determined to have a very loud setup, sounds like you might want to start thinking about a serious HT setup and save up for something like the Chase PRO-10s or SHO-10s which have a 97db sensitivity rating vs. the 90db of the Polk RTi8. Replace your front three with these. Then go from there.

post #23 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Maybe not and maybe not.

First, a 10db increase is normally what it takes to get double the perceived increase in volume. To achieve that, you have to increase the wattage by a factor of 10. Doubling the wattage is only a 3db increase. So if you are looking for a lot louder, adding an amp to the front might not make a significant difference. Same would be true about adding two more speakers as surrounds. Might give you a little more fuller sound, but not a lot more volume.

If you are determined to have a very loud setup, sounds like you might want to start thinking about a serious HT setup and save up for something like the Chase PRO-10s or SHO-10s which have a 97db sensitivity rating vs. the 90db of the Polk RTi8. Replace your front three with these. Then go from there.

Thanks a ton for the very informative and helpful post! As far as those Chase speakers you posted - are you suggesting buying 3 and using one as the center channel as well?

And in regards to my RTi8 towers - I know this is a completely opinion-based question, but does running these speakers and powering them with a receiver similar to my Onkyo 709 usually satisfy most people? I am not sure whether or not I am overestimating what to expect...I may be asking for too much to begin with, but do not know how to compare them because I have never owned anything else (except my Paradigm Cinema satellites).

post #24 of 39 Old 01-21-2012, 11:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanks a ton for the very informative and helpful post! As far as those Chase speakers you posted - are you suggesting buying 3 and using one as the center channel as well?

That's what many people do in HT room setups. The best front sound stage is three speakers exactly the same.

But no. I wouldn't go out and buy this right now. Finish out what you have. Get your sub. Use it for awhile. You have plenty of time to play the upgrade game

Quote:

And in regards to my RTi8 towers - I know this is a completely opinion-based question, but does running these speakers and powering them with a receiver similar to my Onkyo 709 usually satisfy most people?

I would imagine so

post #25 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Use what you have for now. I think your receiver is a bit underpowered. If your running 5-7 channels on the 709, your probably getting a true 50 watts per channel. You need something 130+ to see a nice difference. I recommend the emotiva 3 channel amp to the pre out on the onkyo, and let the onkyo handle the rest. It's MORE than enough for surrounds.

But hey, you may dislike the sound of the Polks. They're not THAT punchy.
post #26 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would imagine so

Lol I figured...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

Use what you have for now. I think your receiver is a bit underpowered. If your running 5-7 channels on the 709, your probably getting a true 50 watts per channel. You need something 130+ to see a nice difference. I recommend the emotiva 3 channel amp to the pre out on the onkyo, and let the onkyo handle the rest. It's MORE than enough for surrounds.

But hey, you may dislike the sound of the Polks. They're not THAT punchy.

Well someone else posted on here saying the Onkyo 509 would provide 50-60 watts, so I think this 709 is giving at least a little more than that. Either way, you are obviously suggesting the 3-channel to use for the 2 RTi8 towers and my CSi5 center, right?

And they may not be "THAT punchy," but I know they SHOULD be punchier than Paradigm satellites!

post #27 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

Lol I figured...

Well someone else posted on here saying the Onkyo 509 would provide 50-60 watts, so I think this 709 is giving at least a little more than that. Either way, you are obviously suggesting the 3-channel to use for the 2 RTi8 towers and my CSi5 center, right?

And they may not be "THAT punchy," but I know they SHOULD be punchier than Paradigm satellites!

Oh, my mistake thought you had the 509! Look around for a bench test with 5 channels driven. I'd assume 75-85, but I could be wrong.

For normal listening levels not much wattage is needed. I've measured and seen about 20 watts (peak!) being used for an average volume. However, once you want to get louder, you need exponentially more wattage. Your probably maxing out your amplifier in the onkyo to crank them up loud. And onkyos usually get pretty toasty.

Yes, use an external amp for the fronts if you wanna get much louder. It won't color the sound differently, it's just power. The pre amp in the receiver will do that.

And yeah, you'd think that but paradigm makes some pretty darn good stuff. They're millennia one satellites are fantastic at 1250/5 channels.
post #28 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Right. I would say that you have to use a 3 channel. Here is the tested output on the NR609. Certainly in 2 channel mode it can put out more power than with 5 channels. But it's not that much more. Minimally, it would seem you would need a 3 channel amplifier like the XPA-3.

However, based on those tests of the 609 (assuming the 709 performs equally well for its rated output), you might only get at most a few db out of the XPA-3. Now, this is only an educated guess based off specs, but it would seem to me that the CHO speakers would offer more db for your dollar over something like the XPA-3. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems worth researching before taking the plunge on a new amplifier.

On the other hand, when you mention "punchy," are you sure it's not something like in the mid-bass range that you are wanting more out of from your system? I would wait until you upgrade your sub, set the crossover at 80hz, and see what happens then. Your sub is very much a weak link in your system at the moment.

post #29 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Right. I would say that you have to use a 3 channel. Here is the tested output on the NR609. Certainly in 2 channel mode it can put out more power than with 5 channels. But it's not that much more. Minimally, it would seem you would need a 3 channel amplifier like the XPA-3.

However, based on those tests of the 609 (assuming the 709 performs equally well for its rated output), you might only get at most a few db out of the XPA-3. Now, this is only an educated guess based off specs, but it would seem to me that the CHO speakers would offer more db for your dollar over something like the XPA-3. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems worth researching before taking the plunge on a new amplifier.

On the other hand, when you mention "punchy," are you sure it's not something like in the mid-bass range that you are wanting more out of from your system? I would wait until you upgrade your sub, set the crossover at 80hz, and see what happens then. Your sub is very much a weak link in your system at the moment.

Thanks for the input. FWIW, I only used the term "punchy" because someone else used it first. I did not really have a problem with the RTi8 "punchiness"...was just looking for something louder.

I do agree that I should upgrade my subwoofer before moving further with everything else. I have been shopping around, and am just trying to decide on which is best for me.

post #30 of 39 Old 01-22-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 160
If you want something louder you can add more power to your rti's or get rid of them for more sensitive speakers like the chase Home Theaters speakers someone recommended
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page