Portable Bluetooth Speaker - which one? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 06-17-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
There aren't many that do. The HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S3-4 are two phones I am aware of that support aptX, sadly the Nexus do not. There may be more now, I stopped researching with my One and my wife's Galaxy smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13

I am in the market for a wireless speaker too, and have narrowed my choices to the KMC 3 and the Peachtree Deepblue. They both sell for the same price on Amazon. On papers the Deepblue look better with a bigger amp and drivers. It also weighs twice as much as the KMC 3. I would love to hear people's opinions about these speakers.
post #33 of 39 Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Same post as above. posted twice by mistake
post #34 of 39 Old 09-11-2013, 09:28 AM

Liked: 10
Ever heard of a Bluetooth headset in a cap? www.maxvirtual.com

Has a speaker attachment too. smile.gif http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsqvvJqg-8
post #35 of 39 Old 10-19-2013, 11:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
So you work for them, huh?
post #36 of 39 Old 07-20-2014, 05:07 AM

Liked: 0
JukeCase by Son Valise

For something a bit more alternative you should check out the JukeCase by Son Valise. A portable Bluetooth suitcase speaker with up to 40 hours playtime and awesome sound quality, including deep bass. They look awesome too!

www.jukecase.com

post #37 of 39 Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Been looking for awhile at portable Bluetooth speakers. I've seen the ones at Best Buy.....Jambox, JBL, Sony, Bose, etc. Some actually sound pretty good (the Bose Mini isn't half bad). But, $100? $200? For a portable speaker? Not feeling it.

Not sure if anyone has heard of them, but I found $40 Bluetooth speakers (MP141) at Anker (Google them as they're on line only....http://www.ianker.com/product/99ANSP9901-BSA). Been using them for external batteries for awhile, now. Good stuff.

Given my postivie experiences with their external batteries, I was surprised and happy to see they were offering small, bluetooth speakers, as I tend to place them in my offiice, around my house, etc. Gave one a try.

Speakers are the equal to, or better than any other $100 bluetooth speaker I've heard. It's a 2"x2" cube, made of rubberized materiai. It's rechargeable and I played it all weekend (5-6 hours/day). I didn't have to recharge it, once.

Pretty simple to pair and to use. On one side, It has on/off, aux in jack, micro USB jack and charging charging cable (no plug included, though). On another side, it has Play/Pause, Volume Up, Volume down buttons.

It gets pretty darn loud. It certailnly didn't sound like it distorted like the Jambox did at louder volumes. It came across quite clear. Being small, it's not going to blow you away with the amount of bass it produces, but it doesn't need to apologize to those other $100 bluetooth speakers.

It has a soft, suede like carying bag, which I throw into my briefcase.

In short, before you plunk down $100 for a Jambox (which I also own) I'd choose the Anker MP141 to be the better bet for sound quality. For $40, it's certainly a "no brainer" purchase for anyone looking for a small, bluetooth speaker.

Music so high you can't get over it....music so low you can't get under it!

Last edited by graphicguy; 08-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.
post #38 of 39 Old 08-18-2014, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
+1 on the Anker MP141. I have the black version.
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluet...s=anker+mp+141

Another to consider:
SHARKK® Bluetooth 4.0 BoomBox
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ES2BQ7M/...LYFR0UW1&psc=1

or

AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EHZYWGM/...DLE6AK6C&psc=1

There are a lot of choices on Amazon.
post #39 of 39 Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 PM

Liked: 0
First post. I'm shopping for these too; thought I might re-awaken this thread. (and show you guys that I'm not some lazy bugger who didn't search before posting, hehehe)

I've about got it narrowed down to either the Sony SRS-X5 ($200 new) or the Klipsch KMC3. ($350 new) The Sony is 20 W, with a subwoofer and two active radiators, and it sounds great. Not overly-stressed bass, like Bose can have. It is only 2" thick. It also doubles as a Bluetooth speakerphone.

The Klipsch is bigger (I don't remember how much) and twice as expensive new, but it can be had used for the same price as the new Sony. It's rated 60W RMS, 130 Wpeak, so it'll go about twice as loud as the Sony, and the reports are that the sound is in another league both bass and overall realism.

The fact that runs on D batteries is actually the main selling point for me, as I don't really need a 60W speaker. I like the idea that it will not instantly become obsolete when the proprietary, built-in, lithium-ion battery dies a few years down the road. I will run it most of the time on AC, and occasionally on batteries. For those few times I run on battery, I'll be happy to shell out a few bucks for a set of Ds. I do have some of those high-capacity NiMH Ds, but I don't remember whether I have 6 or 8 of them...

I auditioned the Bose Soundlink III (sounds great, but is a bit out of my price range and $300) and Soundlink Mini (Too much bass emphasis, $200)

The Jamboxes don't hold a candle to either of the aforementioned Bose, the Sony SRS-X5, and I assume not the Klipsch either.

The JBLs I auditioned didn't have any bass at all. Decent highs, but that's not enough, these days.

It's worth mentioning to the original poster, if he's still reading, that ALL of these have a 1/8" mini phono input, so you can plug your old walkman into them, if you want, and tune broadcast radio that way. (that'll save data and battery power on your phone when you're out and about.)

So the question for me, is whether to get the Sony, which is the right size, price, and power level, but still with good sound, even though it will go obsolete when the non-replaceable battery dies in a few years, or pony up a bit more (or buy used) for the Klipsch, which is a bit too big and powerful for my intended application of kitchen and bedroom listening.

I'm not sure why some members don't think it's worth it to spend more than $100-200 on a Bluetooth speaker. Like it or not, that's the wave of the future for any kind of portable audio listening.

Interested in your thoughts.

-Jeremy
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page