Energy RC-LCR vs another RC-10 as center channel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had a pair of RC-10s for a while now but haven't gotten around to buying a center channel yet. An RC-LCR goes for 280 right now, which as far as I can tell is a great price. Or, I could get another pair of RC-10s for 300 and either try to sell one OR keep the odd one and, eventually, get yet ANOTHER set of RC-10s for my 2nd setup that will eventually be going in the basement. I've thought about getting floorstanders or something else for that setup, but honestly I'm completely satisfied with the RC-10s and wouldn't mind having those in another setup (with subs of course), even if it's a little boring to have the same speakers in both.

Is there any strong recommendation one way or the other? It seems that the RC-LCR is supposed to be a great speaker, but it also seems that people tend to highly recommend getting the same thing for a center. Also, can I lay the RC-10 on its side? I can probably accommodate it vertically, but a side-laying speaker would make things nicer. Of course, a bookshelf laying on its side would look pretty odd so maybe that doesn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Any thoughts?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 168
It you are going to mount the additional RC-10 vertically I would go with that but if not I would suggest the RC-LCR otherwise you will have to see if you can reposition the tweeter on the RC-10
post #4 of 6 Old 01-05-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I have two RC-10s and a RC LCR center. Love it.

Afro GT
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was thinking of buying an RC-LCR but since I had a few prs. of the 10's I decided to try using one as a center and it works just fine thought I do use a port plug to reduce the amount of bass for clearer dialog. I really like having three identical speakers up front: better tonal matching. The RC-10's sound plenty big in my 13 X 18 listening room but I'm still trying to decide whether I want a pair of RC-R's, VS Surrounds, RC-Mini's or V-Minis for the rears.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
The RC-LCR is an amazing speaker. Wonderfully clear and no noticeable gaps in frequencies which makes it great for music with male and female vocals and also for movie dialogue. If I didn't have RC towers I'd get RC-LCR for my mains too.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:http://www.tempestaudio.blogspot.com  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page