AUDIOGON's new format - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They're a strange group at Audiogon. They've taken to deleting posts on their Facebook page yet leave negative posts on their blog. I think its evident that greed and stupidity rule the roost there. I hate to say it but stupid is as stupid does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Keeps on getting better! Unlike probably most of you...I have actually just completed my first purchase, under the new site. Ready to leave feedback; what could be easier, right?

So...the feedback feature is no longer attached to your invoice; you have to go in through the Main page. You have to re-enter your user and password...even though I was already signed-in; then I have to pick the item I want to leave feedback for. It lists, like every item I've sent or received an email on...in like the last 2 months...EXCEPT...wait for it; the actual item I bought!! LOL

Honestly; a Middle School, on a "computer project" assignment could do better. First mad, then sad...now it's comical; are these the stages of grief?

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #273 of 488 Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Club Gold

Canceled my account today. Sad to see a once great site go down the toilet like this.

PSN: KyFriedNate | XBL: KyFriedNate
My SACD Collection | My DVD-A Collection
post #274 of 488 Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Liked: 11
LOL!! Damage control alert over at Audiogon!! The tires are boiling smoke in reverse! How can these idiots actually release that abortion onto the PAYING public with so many obvious and easily avoidable "bugs" within it's opreation parameters?? They are asking us to just hang tight while as they take WEEKS to fix the issues that should have been resolved WEEKS prior to them even taking the "new and improved" site public. what the hell audiogon?? If this is the way you treat your loyal customers, bottom line is you DO NOT deserve our business.
post #275 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post

LOL!! Damage control alert over at Audiogon!! The tires are boiling smoke in reverse! How can these idiots actually release that abortion onto the PAYING public with so many obvious and easily avoidable "bugs" within it's opreation parameters?? They are asking us to just hang tight while as they take WEEKS to fix the issues that should have been resolved WEEKS prior to them even taking the "new and improved" site public. what the hell audiogon?? If this is the way you treat your loyal customers, bottom line is you DO NOT deserve our business.

Hey, I at least give them credit for addressing the concerns. I've said before...to me, the biggest crime was ignoring the complaints. To me, it either said they really couldn't see what was wrong, or worse...didn't care.

It might be PR control, as you say...but at least now they're acknowledging things aren't right. How's the saying go...the first step in fixing something is admitting that it's broke in the first place (or something like that...lol)

Now I guess time will tell.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #276 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but one way to sidestep all the issues with audiogon, is to start putting things up for sale on videogon instead. Lets just all go over there and conduct business. that site is just quietly sitting there in the old and true format, just waiting to be utilized.
post #277 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 48
If Bill Leben (ex-Audiogon) or anyone in contact with Bill would PM or email us, we'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Jon Lane
The Audio Insider
post #278 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_R View Post

Canceled my account today. Sad to see a once great site go down the toilet like this.

Now that is a smart move! They are not going to fix things or go back to the old format if people keep logging in to buy/sell or keep browsing the site to give them an impression that there is more usage than before. Just boycott the site for a while and check back after 2 months.
post #279 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Now that is a smart move! They are not going to fix things or go back to the old format if people keep logging in to buy/sell or keep browsing the site to give them an impression that there is more usage than before. Just boycott the site for a while and check back after 2 months.

I think we have to be careful not to fight the wrong battle here. Everyone keeps calling for the old site. Truth be told, there was nothing particularly special about the old site; except that it worked, and it's what we were used to.

For me...rather than simply getting back to what we were used to, it's more important to me that the "new Audiogon" work! Sure, there's something a little off-putting...that I can't quite put my finger on... about the way the thing looks; but that's small potatoes. It's all about the new site not being easy to navigate, not searching in a way that's useful; making communications and transactions nearly impossible, and that...ultimately...driving traffic down, which makes selling less appealing.

I'm all for some of the new features they're trying to implement; and listen, it was inevitable that they'd do what they can, to try and collect as much of the revenue due to them as possible. You'll never see me blame someone for trying to earn a living, and last time I checked...no one liked working for free. It's just these changes shouldn't come at the expense of the site being usable.

If all we keep doing is asking for the old site back, I'm afraid that's never going to happen...and as such, will fall on deaf ears. Ask for the new site to be fixed!

CD

post #280 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but one way to sidestep all the issues with audiogon, is to start putting things up for sale on videogon instead. Lets just all go over there and conduct business. that site is just quietly sitting there in the old and true format, just waiting to be utilized.

Agreed. I like the idea!

Mike
post #281 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

Right, or wrong, this is what I have been doing recently. I'm not going to contribute to their incompetency by browsing the site.

Mike
post #282 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

If all we keep doing is asking for the old site back, I'm afraid that's never going to happen...and as such, will fall on deaf ears. Ask for the new site to be fixed!

CD

I agree. They should adjust until they get it right.

What I don't understand is the problems with the search feature that some are complaining about. It gives me the items I'm looking for. The search function apparently does not look in the body of a post - just the header. Used to be it searched every post body. I liked having the post body searched. I also miss the sold posts that would come up with a search. Now you have to pay them $6 per month to search sold items to get an idea of an items worth.

The one item I've made an offer on since the new site was implemented was sold to someone else for less money. Seems the guy did not get the message through the A-gon system in time. I made the offer about an hour before it was sold. I think the seller felt worse than I did.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #283 of 488 Old 02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 View Post

I agree. They should adjust until they get it right.

What I don't understand is the problems with the search feature that some are complaining about. It gives me the items I'm looking for. The search function apparently does not look in the body of a post - just the header. Used to be it searched every post body. I liked having the post body searched. I also miss the sold posts that would come up with a search. Now you have to pay them $6 per month to search sold items to get an idea of an items worth.

The one item I've made an offer on since the new site was implemented was sold to someone else for less money. Seems the guy did not get the message through the A-gon system in time. I made the offer about an hour before it was sold. I think the seller felt worse than I did.

See, to me...this is JOB #1 (and #2 isn't even close)!! Sure, the searches and all that jazz are convenient...but if people can't place and receive their bids...and in a timely fashion...then how can we trust the site to buy or sell there?

CD

post #284 of 488 Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM

Audiogon,

Don't try to make changes using a bunch of clueless programmers. Admit you screwed up, go back to the original website, and we'll call it a day.
post #285 of 488 Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Just when I thought AG finally had their sh...stuff together; like half the ads are "missing" right now...including both of my listings!

Uh...no wonder I'm having trouble selling stuff...lol I tell you what the crack programmers there were able to manage though; now...when you sign-in to your account, you get a banner reminding you to pay. Now that's progress!

CD

post #286 of 488 Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 PM

My first classified on Audiogon after the switch appeared to work, I sold my ARC VT200 amp in 12 hours by accepting an offer that did not involve shipping it to China. But I saw that I was billed twice for the same transaction, 2% of the price, twice.

No problem they are in Beta right? Well I wrote to them, the only way to get help, and I got an email back a day later simply stating what my bill was with no reference to the problem.

So I sent another email asking them to credit my account for the double charge before I pay the bill.

Any idea what is up with the double billing on accepted offers?

-Lance

So many things to do and see, a shame I can't clone myself
post #287 of 488 Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM

I haven't tried selling yet on the new Audiogon but buying has been smooth up until the point of having to leave feedback. Before at least there was a step by step progression of the transaction. I couldn't leave feedback for the seller easily. I had to go to member forum search. Enter the username and then leave feedback. The seller is busy and hasn't left any feedback for me. No biggie for me as I have a bit of positive feedbacks. I feel for others who need to build up their feedbacks and can't do it easily.

This new Audiogon is a disaster to me in terms of interaction. Even if you aren't buying you can't send PMs to members. Also posting in their forum is now a royal pain. Pretty much every post (good or bad) I've tried to put in the past couple of days I get the pending waiting for moderator approval and then it never gets posted.

I think I'll be staying away till Audiogon gets their ducks in a row. Who would have thought a site like theirs could be so poorly run. This changeover to the new format I'd consider as a disaster.
post #288 of 488 Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinite24 View Post

I haven't tried selling yet on the new Audiogon but buying has been smooth up until the point of having to leave feedback. Before at least there was a step by step progression of the transaction. I couldn't leave feedback for the seller easily. I had to go to member forum search. Enter the username and then leave feedback. The seller is busy and hasn't left any feedback for me. No biggie for me as I have a bit of positive feedbacks. I feel for others who need to build up their feedbacks and can't do it easily.

This new Audiogon is a disaster to me in terms of interaction. Even if you aren't buying you can't send PMs to members. Also posting in their forum is now a royal pain. Pretty much every post (good or bad) I've tried to put in the past couple of days I get the pending waiting for moderator approval and then it never gets posted.

I think I'll be staying away till Audiogon gets their ducks in a row. Who would have thought a site like theirs could be so poorly run. This changeover to the new format I'd consider as a disaster.

I agree; the feedback is a PITA. I just bought something...wanted to leave feedback; the item is not listed under the stuff I bought (although some stuff I never did is).

BTW...FWIW...I got a very quick response from the support desk, saying ads were missing because they were re-indexing. While that's also a PITA, I do at least give them credit for responding quickly.

I'm pulling for AG...I really am; I just don't get some of this mickey-mouse stuff. I mean feedback, really; how hard can that be to get right?

CD

post #289 of 488 Old 02-24-2012, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reading some crazy stories about the new Audiogon online ...viruses, triple-billing, ugh...two of the principles are now gone. Rootin for Stereolist.com at this point and the other new one.

Quote:

I agree; the feedback is a PITA. I just bought something...wanted to leave feedback; the item is not listed under the stuff I bought (although some stuff I never did is).

BTW...FWIW...I got a very quick response from the support desk, saying ads were missing because they were re-indexing. While that's also a PITA, I do at least give them credit for responding quickly.

I'm pulling for AG...I really am; I just don't get some of this mickey-mouse stuff. I mean feedback, really; how hard can that be to get right?

CD

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. IK
post #290 of 488 Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaji View Post

Exactly what I've been doing...I just have to manage to stay out of Audiogon less frequent, as it's already down from what I use to visited them a few times a day, now I go there 5 times a week or less. I guess I keep hoping that's it's back to normal, but a few seconds in it hits me...It still blows.

Djoel
post #291 of 488 Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Why hasn't audiogon gone back to their old format like I told them to?
post #292 of 488 Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I've tried to be patient; tried to be optimistic. But tonight the site is a mess again; slow, slow, slow...application error after application error. And worst of all, AFAIC; it's back to not allowing you to edit your ads!

I wanted to lower a price on an ad; I can't! How can anyone be expected to sell at a place like this? No wonder they seem to be over-billing people; otherwise, I would think revenue would be close to nil.

CD

post #293 of 488 Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

You heard it here first: I predict within 3 months, Audiogon...as we knew it (a place to sell used gear; the name might go on in some other capacity)...will be shut down. It can't and won't make one, single cent the way it is now.

I just asked for ALL my fees back, from since they started this fiasco. Here's what I shared with them:

I’d like ALL of the money due on my account…ANY outstanding balance, and any listing fees charged since you started this re-vamp refunded! You guys have got some nerve, even thinking you should charge people through this FIASCO! You’ve had 3 months now, and the site is as slow as ever; and after fixing certain elementary issues…like actually allowing members to change the price of their listings…they are back to “broken”.

This is overwhelming evidence you guys have no idea what you’re doing, and/or how to do it. I have NEVER seen an established Internet site go through ANYTHING like this before; and I’m in IT myself, so I’ve been around the Internet once or twice. OK…so you have no idea what you’re doing; you’re human and you’ve asked for forgiveness. Fine, you can have my sympathy…but not my patience, and for damn sure not my MONEY!

CD

post #294 of 488 Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I liked the old site as well so I'm throwing in another vote to switch back.
post #295 of 488 Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 PM

They are as dumb as a rock; it's a great opportunity for somebody smart to start a website similar to audiogon and would steal all of their members.
post #296 of 488 Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttizo View Post

They are as dumb as a rock; it's a great opportunity for somebody smart to start a website similar to audiogon and would steal all of their members.

It's not as easy as that; even in a seemingly ideal situation such as this, developing a website audience is a tricky thing.

CD

post #297 of 488 Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huttizo View Post

That would be cool to see a new player with similar look to the old audiogon, but I would like to have my feedback transfer from Agon some how..Or it would be square one for allot of folks and plenty of opportunities for scamers.

Djoel
post #298 of 488 Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

OK, this is it; I've had it with Audiogon, and quite frankly I've had it with AVSs reaction to Audiogon. People here at simply not outraged enough!

This thing is the worst hunk of junk ever seen...and I don't know why more people aren't up in arms. You can't edit your price; can't! Price something too high...market doesn't seem to bear what you were asking; TS...you're stuck! You CANNOT communicate with ANYONE!!! Guy buys your items, you're trying to settle the details; it is hit and miss AT BEST. AT WORSE...and I mean frequently...the site is just "down"; slow, slow, slow...and application error, application error, application error!

The "buying" and "selling" areas of your account, really have NO resemblance to reality, whatsoever! Someone needs to explain to these people the concept of striking while the iron is hot. You make a guy wait...24, 48, 72 hours, because you can't even f'ing email him to get payment, s&h, etc information straight...buyers get antsy. Buyers find other deals...buyers change their minds. It's taking thousands out of pockets, and no one seems to care?

Please...can someone tell me where they are more actively outraged?

CD

post #299 of 488 Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 PM

I've browsed Audiogon but never listed or bought anything off that site. I don't care for the new look either.

There must be some sort of hidden agenda behind the failure to address all of the criticisms being leveled at them as well as their declining hit rate. Does anyone know who owns or controls that site? I'm just wondering what sort of people they are, and what their backgrounds are. It sounds like this is a situation in which maybe nepotism is involved and some family member was given the chance to redo the website and everyone has to bow down to that family member.

It's like how a lot of smaller well-run companies are passed from parents to children, and the kids ruin the whole thing and drive it into the ground. Maybe that is what is happening at Audiogon?
post #300 of 488 Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

OK, this is it; I've had it with Audiogon, and quite frankly I've had it with AVSs reaction to Audiogon. People here at simply not outraged enough!

This thing is the worst hunk of junk ever seen...and I don't know why more people aren't up in arms. You can't edit your price; can't! Price something too high...market doesn't seem to bear what you were asking; TS...you're stuck! You CANNOT communicate with ANYONE!!! Guy buys your items, you're trying to settle the details; it is hit and miss AT BEST. AT WORSE...and I mean frequently...the site is just "down"; slow, slow, slow...and application error, application error, application error!

The "buying" and "selling" areas of your account, really have NO resemblance to reality, whatsoever! Someone needs to explain to these people the concept of striking while the iron is hot. You make a guy wait...24, 48, 72 hours, because you can't even f'ing email him to get payment, s&h, etc information straight...buyers get antsy. Buyers find other deals...buyers change their minds. It's taking thousands out of pockets, and no one seems to care?

Please...can someone tell me where they are more actively outraged?

CD

Bought and sold on AudiogoN in the last week. Both transactions "off" AG after exchanging email addresses and telephone numbers. Seamless.

All I expect from AG are the listings and I'll take it from there. Not, much different from the old site. Of course, AG can't continue if transactions are conducted this way.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page