AUDIOGON's new format - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 488 Old 03-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Boy the developers at audiogon sure did pat themselves on the back for "bringing back search in march" YET still not back up and theres only 2 days left. This sheer incompetence would be funny except it pretty much means the death of the largest audio trading site in the world. How do you screw this up so bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 488 Old 03-30-2012, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post

New phishing scam sent out because of the "New" Audiogon!! Be AWARE!!

Three times within 2 days of placing my ad. The ol' familiar, "I'll take care of shipping" emails...
post #333 of 488 Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast View Post

Boy the developers at audiogon sure did pat themselves on the back for "bringing back search in march" YET still not back up and theres only 2 days left. This sheer incompetence would be funny except it pretty much means the death of the largest audio trading site in the world. How do you screw this up so bad

Amen...
post #334 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
This is a general post. Not a reply to anyone in particular.

I wonder why people keep using AG. You all know that it is messed up and they are not going to fix it soon or bring the old format back. So why bother visiting AG again and again and give them the impression that the traffic has increased. Just stop using it.
post #335 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

I wonder why people keep using AG. You all know that it is messed up and they are not going to fix it soon or bring the old format back. So why bother visiting AG again and again and give them the impression that the traffic has increased. Just stop using it.

It's a good point, in theory. However, until someone steps in to take its place, there isn't much of an alternative. As bad as it is, it's as good as we've got for now.

Sure...this post in particular will bring out responses of "try this place", or that; but I have tried most of those sites. 10 amps here, 6 pre-amps there; maybe a bakers-dozen worth of speakers.

That's why we're trying...unsuccessfully...to whip this dead horse; it really was the only game in town, and they killed it.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #336 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 172
When I am browsing through the listings, if I click on one of them, and then go back, why does it change the way the ads are listed? It changes the order of which ones were on which pages and sequence and such. I really dislike this new audiogon website.

Also, can anyone suggest any other good websites for selling/buying speakers and other equipment components?
post #337 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Usually with the "new" AG...when something goes awry, you just get the ubiquitous "application error". However, occasionally...they really go out of their way to give you a special treat...and you get this instead

Yeah...something went wrong alright.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #338 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Also, can anyone suggest any other good websites for selling/buying speakers and other equipment components?

Well eBay of course. There will be scamming no matter where you go. That is why there is eBay and PayPal protection. As long as you deal with a buyer or seller with good feedback, there should not be any problem. I have used eBay more than AG and I never had a problem.

If you are looking for high end stuff, you may not find it on eBay. Try AVS classified. There are not that many items at AVS classified. If they are like speakers, amps that are not too high end, you will find many on eBay.

I have never spent a large amount like $1000 on either AG or eBay. If I am going to spend that much on used stuff, I might as well buy something new from an authorized dealer (store or online) with full warranty.
post #339 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

BTW I have also bought good stuff on local Craigslist and also sold stuff. So that is not a bad alternative at all. If you are concerned about what kind of people will come to your house, you can always do the transaction at a public place.
post #340 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Just received negative feed back from a transaction that went wrong from Nov 11, before the Audiogon system turned!

I purchased a SACD using the BUY IT NOW method but according to the seller he had made a mistake, retracted the sale right after giving me a shipping quote, and then put up the same SACD back on Agon with a different higher price.

I email AGon services about this craziness, they said simply to give him negative feed back, nothing else but just that. I asked them doesn't that mean he'll give me NFB too, never heard back from them! I was so pissed about how this went down, I just went along with their advice.

A little while after the NFB, I started getting emails from the seller to retract my NFB, and pretty much harassing me when he was in the wrong, then gave me NFB I email Agon, and they pulled it down, but I continued to get the emails from the AGon member, until I figured out on how to block him.

So this had stop until recently emailed Agon again about the current emial but have not heard from them, I think it's because I emailed them from work. The thing is I shouldn't be hearing from this guy now

Hope the above makes sense, I'm wrestling with my 16month old to take a nap while writing Sorry about the rant just a little piss I'm still going through this now.

Djoel
post #341 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 402
This really is a sad turn of events. Agon was crucial in my getting into this hobby and ultimately building a Home Theater. It was a great resource for those of us into AV and I hope it will get there again soon.

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #342 of 488 Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

I check the blog every day to see if zip code came back, i NEED to get rid of these damn speakers.

I do not browse ANYTHING anymore. I used to browse all sorts of random stuff and now all i care about is when zip search comes into play.
post #343 of 488 Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I check the blog every day to see if zip code came back, i NEED to get rid of these damn speakers.

I do not browse ANYTHING anymore. I used to browse all sorts of random stuff and now all i care about is when zip search comes into play.

You may already know this, but you can do a zip code search - but you cannot enter partial zipcodes. That being said, it is extremely cumbersome to go through zip codes individually. It makes it borderline unusuable - at the very least, quite impractical. I kind of wonder if they have intentionally decided not to include the partial zip search function as it would make it very clear to a lot of people just HOW far down traffic is now. I had been searching a few of the main zip codes on and off over the last couple of months and noticed a week or two back that none of the zip codes I was searching had ANY listings anymore. Just for kicks, I went to the USPS website and pulled up a list of all the zip codes in my area and went through every single one of them. I think there was ONE listing a guy had up for an SACD...not a single piece of gear. I'm not in a huge market area, but prior to the tear-down of the site, there would typically be at least 25-30 listings, but usually at least 40-50 listings if not more. At this point, I am definitely questioning if Audiogon is going to be around much longer.
post #344 of 488 Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurymantra View Post

You may already know this, but you can do a zip code search - but you cannot enter partial zipcodes. That being said, it is extremely cumbersome to go through zip codes individually. It makes it borderline unusuable - at the very least, quite impractical. I kind of wonder if they have intentionally decided not to include the partial zip search function as it would make it very clear to a lot of people just HOW far down traffic is now. I had been searching a few of the main zip codes on and off over the last couple of months and noticed a week or two back that none of the zip codes I was searching had ANY listings anymore. Just for kicks, I went to the USPS website and pulled up a list of all the zip codes in my area and went through every single one of them. I think there was ONE listing a guy had up for an SACD...not a single piece of gear. I'm not in a huge market area, but prior to the tear-down of the site, there would typically be at least 25-30 listings, but usually at least 40-50 listings if not more. At this point, I am definitely questioning if Audiogon is going to be around much longer.

You heard it here first! I don't know what kind of revenue they could be generating; every single ad is either a scam, or long-standing members...tired of the roadblocks...circumventing the new system.

Some people have to learn the hard way I guess.

CD

post #345 of 488 Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurymantra View Post

Oh i know about that, its just useless to me and everyone else for the reasons you pointed out. I also did a search in my own zip code a week ago and found 3 items when 5 times that would have shown up back in december. My zip code is 95125 in the bay area and the bay area has millions of people, most audiophiles like me would scour zip codes based on 9x___. I would have sold my pick-up only speakers immediately if i had tried last year (which is why i need people to have the capability to use zip code search), now im not so sure...

Basically at this point i can confirm that audiogon is staffed by very clueless people. For those wondering, when you search for something youre giving the system a "string", could be "subwoofer" it could be "95125", its called a string. right now the system used to have a separate zip code search that the system went "alright you only gave me a 2 digit string, im going to return you every zip code (a 5 digit string) that starts with those 2 digits"

What they did was combine that, so right now if you search for 2 digits it will actually look at the item title, for me it returns "oppo-95" and stuff like that. It gets messy if you allow any 2 digit number placed in the search box to also ping the "zipcode" database as well. Right now they only allow it to ping the database if you entered a full 5 digits. Probably does an if/then statement where it looks if you entered 5 digits, if so then it searches the item title AND pings the zipcode database for those 5 digits.

Really i dont understand why they do not just restore the damn separate zip code search and stop this mess. Once they get radius search up, great, until then, RESTORE WHAT YOU BROKE.
post #346 of 488 Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Oh i know about that, its just useless to me and everyone else for the reasons you pointed out. I also did a search in my own zip code a week ago and found 3 items when 5 times that would have shown up back in december. My zip code is 95125 in the bay area and the bay area has millions of people, most audiophiles like me would scour zip codes based on 9x___. I would have sold my pick-up only speakers immediately if i had tried last year (which is why i need people to have the capability to use zip code search), now im not so sure...

Basically at this point i can confirm that audiogon is staffed by very clueless people. For those wondering, when you search for something youre giving the system a "string", could be "subwoofer" it could be "95125", its called a string. right now the system used to have a separate zip code search that the system went "alright you only gave me a 2 digit string, im going to return you every zip code (a 5 digit string) that starts with those 2 digits"

What they did was combine that, so right now if you search for 2 digits it will actually look at the item title, for me it returns "oppo-95" and stuff like that. It gets messy if you allow any 2 digit number placed in the search box to also ping the "zipcode" database as well. Right now they only allow it to ping the database if you entered a full 5 digits. Probably does an if/then statement where it looks if you entered 5 digits, if so then it searches the item title AND pings the zipcode database for those 5 digits.

Really i dont understand why they do not just restore the damn separate zip code search and stop this mess. Once they get radius search up, great, until then, RESTORE WHAT YOU BROKE.

Yeah, it is a pretty sad state of affairs. I can only imagine that they have made a conscious decision to NOT install this feature...perhaps to avoid shining a light on how down the traffic is or perhaps to dissuade people doing off-site deals and skipping the fees. The whole model of charging percentages works great for auctions, but on classified ads is pretty much completely whacked and unworkable in a real world situation. They really should have simply implemented a sliding scale of fees for ads.

It looks like it may just be about generating ad revenue at this point. If they can maintain a facade with just enough activity to create a smokescreen of "activity" to the less observant, the ad revenue may keep coming in. If this is the case, I imagine they simply don't care enough to spend the time on implementing features to benefit the users.

Just for fun, I did another comprehensive search of pretty much every zip code in a large radius and there were exactly two listings. One for a cable and another for an Aerial center channel speaker. It's not a huge market area like the Bay area, but still is composed of hundreds of thousands of people. Previously there would always be, at the bare minimum during some unusual low point of activity, at least 10-15 ads but usually a good deal more than that.
post #347 of 488 Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Audiogon has been down all morning. I can't believe how bad this is turning out. You would think after a few months of the beat down they have been taking they may have fixed the issues. Lame!!!

A wise man once said "If it's not broke, don't fix it".
post #348 of 488 Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I've had 10 transactions (buying and selling) on AG over the past 4 weeks, all flawless. Each transaction involved direct communication either through private emails or telephone.

While the new site is "quirky" and less user friendly, it still works.

I really haven't experienced the technical glitches other seem to have. A post above indicated the site was "down all morning" but I had uninterrupted access for the same time and day.
post #349 of 488 Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post

I've had 10 transactions (buying and selling) on AG over the past 4 weeks, all flawless. Each transaction involved direct communication either through private emails or telephone.

While the new site is "quirky" and less user friendly, it still works.

I really haven't experienced the technical glitches other seem to have. A post above indicated the site was "down all morning" but I had uninterrupted access for the same time and day.

SS, you've posted this several times; but I'm sure you must realize you're not using the site "as intended", right? I'm not talking about any moral issue of skirting the system; but to say "the site is working fine"...because you use it like Craigslist, and have people call and email you, is hardly it being what it was.

CD

post #350 of 488 Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

SS, you've posted this several times; but I'm sure you must realize you're not using the site "as intended", right? I'm not talking about any moral issue of skirting the system; but to say "the site is working fine"...because you use it like Craigslist, and have people call and email you, is hardly it being what it was.

CD

More than half of recent transactions have been through proper AG channels. Frankly, I leave it to buyer or seller to decide. I'm open to either. Some feel more secure keeping transactions through AG, some want to build a feedback rating. The point is that some degree of personal dialogue, most times, needs to occur before I consider sending payment when "significant" dollars are involved. When buying, I want to know my seller. Works both ways as I expect buyers to contact me.

The other thing that I find somewhat bothersome is the criticism of one site on another site. Rather poor form, IMO. Also think some are naturally resistant to change and many issues are self inflicted. Is the new site without flaws? no. Is it better than the old? arguably not. Is it still viable? yes. Will it get better?maybe.

I prefer to promote what I like rather than bash what I don't. BTW, I re-upped my AG membership today to access the blue book, even though the info is not the most reliable.
post #351 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

The other thing that I find somewhat bothersome is the criticism of one site on another site. Rather poor form, IMO. Also think some are naturally resistant to change and many issues are self inflicted. Is the new site without flaws? no. Is it better than the old? arguably not. Is it still viable? yes. Will it get better?maybe.

What you're missing is that those are your opinions. You're entitled to them, but that doesn't make them the Gospel. Lots of people would question whether it is really viable. And you just skate past how much has been lost.

Sure, the repetitive ranting here is a little tiresome. But guess what - if every lame or repetitive thread at AVS was deleted, there wouldn't be much left.
post #352 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 AM

I used to use AG a lot for research on various components, and of course to sell an item here and there. However, their search function is so useless now that I find it almost impossible to find anything on what I am looking for. If that happens to others I hardly see it as a worthwhile site for selling any of my equipment anymore, or to even browse through. If I, or someone else, can't research an item on the site that can lower the possibility of selling an item there by a substantial degree.

It is also really irritating that they appear to have completely eliminated past 'for sale' postings, where one could get a good idea of what various items sold for, and how long they took to sell, to help base your own 'for sale' post on.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
post #353 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Authority View Post

I used to use AG a lot for research on various components, and of course to sell an item here and there. However, their search function is so useless now that I find it almost impossible to find anything on what I am looking for. If that happens to others I hardly see it as a worthwhile site for selling any of my equipment anymore, or to even browse through. If I, or someone else, can't research an item on the site that can lower the possibility of selling an item there by a substantial degree.

It is also really irritating that they appear to have completely eliminated past 'for sale' postings, where one could get a good idea of what various items sold for, and how long they took to sell, to help base your own 'for sale' post on.

That's most likely, so you have to sign-up for the "blue book" feature.

CD

post #354 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM

Liked: 13
As a enthusiast who uses Audiogon for non-business purposes, this puts a serious crimp in sampling equipment. Audiogon was a relatively safe place to move your gear - without that I'll probably just stick with what I have for extended periods. Ebay is a little too exciting/expensive for me.
post #355 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_ View Post

What you're missing is that those are your opinions. You're entitled to them, but that doesn't make them the Gospel. Lots of people would question whether it is really viable. And you just skate past how much has been lost.

Sure, the repetitive ranting here is a little tiresome. But guess what - if every lame or repetitive thread at AVS was deleted, there wouldn't be much left.

Not missing anything, 100% my opinion, nothing more. There is an IMO in my post.

Regarding you last statement, would that be a bad thing? Again, my opinion!
post #356 of 488 Old 04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not missing anything, 100% my opinion, nothing more. There is an IMO in my post.

Regarding you last statement, would that be a bad thing? Again, my opinion!

SS...you're doing all this "successful" selling on AG; I'm curious...what do you think of the feedback system? Because every time I go to leave feedback, it shows me all the stuff I supposedly am "buying" (which means everything I've EVER placed a bid on, or sent an inquiry about...which is dumb in and of itself)...and under "bought", there are plenty of things I haven't; and rarely the thing I actually did, that I want to leave feedback on.

So then I have to search for a member, enter it in "randomly", and leave "generic" feedback, rather than having it easily linked to the item I actually bought...oh, like it used to be.

The only reason I can think to "defend" the new format, is someone never used the old one. Sure...I get people are resistant to change; and with some good, comes some bad...it's a trade-off. I just don't see ANY good of the new format. Let's see...it's slower, uglier, tougher to navigate...harder on the eyes...harder to communicate; less stable...and I don't even think it's more secure. So how's it better?

CD

post #357 of 488 Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

SS...you're doing all this "successful" selling on AG; I'm curious...what do you think of the feedback system? Because every time I go to leave feedback, it shows me all the stuff I supposedly am "buying" (which means everything I've EVER placed a bid on, or sent an inquiry about...which is dumb in and of itself)...and under "bought", there are plenty of things I haven't; and rarely the thing I actually did, that I want to leave feedback on.

So then I have to search for a member, enter it in "randomly", and leave "generic" feedback, rather than having it easily linked to the item I actually bought...oh, like it used to be.

The only reason I can think to "defend" the new format, is someone never used the old one. Sure...I get people are resistant to change; and with some good, comes some bad...it's a trade-off. I just don't see ANY good of the new format. Let's see...it's slower, uglier, tougher to navigate...harder on the eyes...harder to communicate; less stable...and I don't even think it's more secure. So how's it better?

CD

Not saying it is better but I don't have the issues you have "....it's slower, uglier, tougher to navigate...harder on the eyes...harder to communicate; less stable..."

To enter feedback, I simply go to the home page, click leave feedback and the items recently bought/sold are displayed. Click on the item I want to leave feedback for and a very straight forward process. Again I'm not seeing the same things you are seeing "....it shows me all the stuff I supposedly am "buying" (which means everything I've EVER placed a bid on, or sent an inquiry about...which is dumb in and of itself)...and under "bought", there are plenty of things I haven't; and rarely the thing I actually did, that I want to leave feedback on."
post #358 of 488 Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM

Liked: 10
I started with them in early February and I've been helping them work on everything from new development to infrastructure. I wanted to give all of you a little bit of insight on what we're currently working on and the reasons for some of the delays that you've seen.

The first two things that I was assigned were a direct user messaging system and the zip code search functionality. Unfortunately, there were enough other problems going on that my attention has been largely focussed elsewhere for the last month and a half or so. We hired two additional developers in mid-March specifically to speed up development of those two features and the plan was always to get them by the beginning of April. I actually committed to that timetable and subsequently missed it.

When I first got here, the site was very unstable. First order of business was doing everything that I could to identify what was causing the stability issues, and then correct them. Things that hadn't shown up in development or local testing environments started appearing in droves when people were on the site all day. There was actually one error that didn't manifest itself until about 500 images had been uploaded which largely contributed to the major performance issues it used to experience.

Once that as well as a lot of other small issues were taken care, I was all set to get back to the messaging platform. That's when we got reports of the first phishing email and there have been 3 others since. We were able to get the offending sites pulled down fairly quickly after they were reported to us. Those emails were actually one of the big drivers behind the new messaging system - we don't want you to have to give away your email address to have a transaction on the site.

Security is a very high priority for us and we've got an entire fraud team because of it. The phishing emails shifted my focus to security though. Since that time, we've worked with the leading email deliverability and anti-phishing company in the world to get our email locked down. Google partnered with these guys to develop a new protocol that just debuted on Jan 30th. There are protocols that we're slowly turning up which help to define and verify that email sent from us is actually from us - and if it's not, to tell your ISP to list it as spam or delete it all together. We have to slowly turn those protocols up and monitor support tickets to make sure that we don't create a massive email delivery problem. Since we reached the 75% mark of turning up these settings, we haven't seen any more phishing reports.

We've also gotten several reports of manual spamming from a couple of users as well as one that appeared to be automated. We've implemented one layer of spam filtering on every email that the site sends out now, before it even leaves our server. Additionally, we're going to put in a second and third tier based on some behavior patterns that we're seeing. These anti-spam measures are also being rolled into the messaging system. The email settings added something to the message system design as well because we're going to be offering a fully-site based message system as well as an email based one. You'll be able to reply directly to emails in your inbox without giving away your email address, but in order to do that we've got to have our anti-spam measures in place.

The zipcode functionality is coming as well. We're working on implementing radius based search where you'll be able to enter a zip code and search from that center point out to the surrounding area. The biggest issue that we've had there is that the version of the search server we were using doesn't implement spatial searches well enough, so we need to upgrade that server in order to provide the type of search experience that we're shooting for.

It's all coming, there have just been some very unexpected delays that have pushed things back unfortunately but security has to come first. We put in a lot of overtime trying to hit that end-of-March timeline for ya'll despite the delays but the systems just weren't at a place we were comfortable with releasing yet.

Also, as somebody who's been working on the code/servers for both the new site and the old site I can tell you that a full rebuild was going to have to happen at some point. The old site was very functional and did everything that it was setup to do very well. The biggest issue with it was that the technology it was running on was 11 years old, it was undocumented, and pieces of functionality were spread across so many different places that continuing to work with the code base would have been a monumental task. I could write an exceptionally long post just about the details of why it had to be rebuilt in order to have a long term future (and I might do that one of these days). I've seen the reports from 2 separate outside consulting firms, one of which is contracted by Apple, that confirm that opinion. Working with the existing code base was the original goal and a rebuild wasn't pursued until it was the only option. The old site had basically reached it's limit.

Right now, we're trying to focus on getting back the features you miss most about the old site. Absolutely, send us those requests. Explain the feature you miss and why you miss it. Sometimes those reasons will be obvious but the "why" behind the "it should do that" is heavily weighed in our project plan. We're prioritizing all of the feature request that come into customer support and want nothing more than to get the niche features that you loved back up and running - particularly improving on them wherever it's possible to do so.

The technology that's under the hood of the new site is going to make it possible for us to dramatically improve the entire experience long term. Everything from some creative ways of integrating the forums to prebuilt searches where you can be notified of new listings that match your search criteria (yes, even in your zipcode :-). There's so much potential with this technology. I love technology the way you guys love audio.

Launching the site and then spending 2 and a half months fixing hard to reproduce issues while focussing on anti-spam measures was definitely not the initial post-launch plan. Now that we're finally on some stable footing regarding those issues, we'll be developing features again at full tilt.

Hope that helps to clear things up. I'll keep checking back here and try to answer any of your other questions.
post #359 of 488 Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Good to hear from someone to be able to articulate some of the issues with the changeover. I think if the communication had been better from Audiogon from the beginning there would have been less outrage.
post #360 of 488 Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So, can we bring back all of the old feel, while consolidating code onto one "system"?
I enjoyed the search results display organization - made it easy to scan down the list until I reached items I'd already seen, in each category (amp, tube amps, processors, etc.). I could quickly go to A-gon, look up a couple brands of items, and be done in a matter of minutes for the day. I picked up a couple pairs of speakers and sold a few myself on the old site. I rarely visit the new site due to its convoluted arrangement.

Why do all of my threads suck? Is there an internet posting school somewhere? -wes k
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page