post #241 of 488 Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post

There is probably a whole lot more to everything than you realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAUSGP View Post

At first I thought that these new guys at Audigon were just incompetent. Now I think it is something much more sinister. They charged me money to sell a classified and then screwed the deal up so bad that neither I nor the buyer could communicate well enough to get a deal done. Bizzarre or criminal, I am leaning toward criminal, because from what I am hearing they are charging lots of people and then not delivering on the promise of a sale, but they make sure they get their money.

As crazy and paranoid as it sounds, you don't get much of an argument from me. I had someone "buy it now" on an item of mine; it screwed up the invoice so bad, that the buyer and I had to try and communicate.

I started emailing AG, and opened 2 tickets to try and get it sorted out. The buyer got frustrated...spooked; cost me my sale. Now AG still wants to charge me for selling the item, and I still haven't heard from them on my original 2 tickets...nor the one filed about the "refund"; and we're talking like a week.

Last ticket I opened went something like this: "hey...you just cost me a sale; are you gonna help me with this billing thing or what"? No reply. I thought I was alone; guess not. Whether the intent is criminal or not...the execution sure is.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 488 Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

WoW; have you guys seen? They just posted in the "rate the new AG" thread, that they've turned the blog comments back on at AG. Brutal is about the only way to describe it.

At least I don't feel crazy or alone anymore; almost ALL of the feedback echoes exactly the kind of thing I've been posting here. Buying and selling doesn't work, messed-up invoices, no support for refunds, wrong billing...etc, etc, etc, etc.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #243 of 488 Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

You know...anytime the "new" AG is getting buried...just application error, after application error...like it is right now; I get my hope up that they're finally coming to their senses. That they're actually in the midst of "switching back". Obviously, so far...no such luck.

CD

post #244 of 488 Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like they turned the Blog off......not surprising, they were telling lies and getting called out for it.
post #245 of 488 Old 02-05-2012, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Can I share with everyone; I have actually gone from mad, to sad. Even amid the b*tching, I had real optimism that these guys...whoever they are...would eventually get the site to the point where, it might not be what it was; but it would have some new and useful features, and we'd just get used to the rest.

I no longer have that optimism. If you've used it at all this weekend, it's been absolutely hopeless; nothing but application errors. It's taking like 10 clicks to get one properly working response...and that's with IE, Foxfire; hell, even my Android tablet (for those who suggested it was an IE problem ).

On top of which...they've turned off member feedback, which means they obviously know it is being poorly received...yet don't care. The billing is all screwed-up, and they have yet to respond to like 3 open support tickets of mine; which directly relate to MONEY!

I am honestly starting to think...for the first time, really...that we've truly lost this dear site; and that makes me sad indeed.

CD

post #246 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Indeed we may have lost Audiogon. Right now I do not trust them. How do we know what they're really up to? No one can be that stupid...right? I mean the revenue stream for what was a low maintenance site had to be pretty darn good. I really dont know much about this but if I could I would love to buy their old software or Web pages.
post #247 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Wonder what the thoughts would be if the "new" Audiogon was recently introduced as is, without the existence for comparisons to the old site?

I had well over 50 transactions on the old site in a recent 18 month period but haven't attempted any type of listing or transaction on the new. Nothing to do with the new site, just nothing to buy or sell at the moment.

I continue to navigate the new site daily and frankly have no issues. In the last 24 hours, there are 50 new listings for speakers. Seems very active to me.
post #248 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post

Wonder what the thoughts would be if the "new" Audiogon was recently introduced as is, without the existence for comparisons to the old site?

I had well over 50 transactions on the old site in a recent 18 month period but haven't attempted any type of listing or transaction on the new. Nothing to do with the new site, just nothing to buy or sell at the moment.

I continue to navigate the new site daily and frankly have no issues. In the last 24 hours, there are 50 new listings for speakers. Seems very active to me.

How many of those new listings have any feedback...lol. In all fairness, the new site is streaky; this weekend, it was un-navigable AFAIC...today, much better. But big picture, if people can't get paid...or the invoices don't work (which I'm going through right now); or they're so busy putting out fires and squashing bugs, they can't respond to customers...how will traffic be?

I guess we're gonna find out, because I don't think there's any other game in town. I just don't understand why they keep turning on, then turning off customer comments. My personal opinion? They don't give a rat's a** about us...they're trying to lure advertisers, and the comments don't make a very good impression.

CD

post #249 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

How many of those new listings have any feedback...lol.

But big picture, if people can't get paid...or the invoices don't work (which I'm going through right now); or they're so busy putting out fires and squashing bugs, they can't respond to customers...how will traffic be?

CD

Haven't actually looked at feedback ratings. Are there many first time sellers or is feedback not carried over from the "old" site?

Don't buyers pay with PayPal, directly to seller?
post #250 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt View Post

Haven't actually looked at feedback ratings. Are there many first time sellers or is feedback not carried over from the "old" site?

Don't buyers pay with PayPal, directly to seller?

There are a TON of zero-feedback sellers. Feedback carried over; at least mine did, so I can't imagine why anyone else's wouldn't have.

I think the "new" owners are recruiting in different places. I saw someone selling an amp, and he was in Russia! Never, in my years...have I seen someone selling from Russia.

Even though PayPal will offer protection, that doesn't mean people don't get scammed. Yes, you'll get your money back...but so will the scammer; it's PP that pays. I'm no great fan of theirs, but that's hardly fair.

CD

post #251 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quick...while the gettins' good. Comments are back up, and they are life-affirming! You think my observations are bad; if anything, they are mild compared to what others are reporting.

A true disaster!

CD

post #252 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I'm curious why they didn't at least try a public beta program and have users test it for them for months. They could of gotten th bugs worked out and had great feedback on what it would take to make it better.

Don't feel bad, I too suffered a really good deal on paradigm studio 60s and couldn't get back to the guy in time with all the sites problems.
post #253 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Looks like they hired a bunch of amateurs to redo the site. I'm sure the owners of audiogon are just as upset at the hired hands as we are.

Site is not the same, get application error all the time.
post #254 of 488 Old 02-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

I'm curious why they didn't at least try a public beta program and have users test it for them for months. They could of gotten th bugs worked out and had great feedback on what it would take to make it better.

Don't feel bad, I too suffered a really good deal on paradigm studio 60s and couldn't get back to the guy in time with all the sites problems.

According to Audiogon, they had been working with some of the "top members" on ideas and functionality of the new site . WHATEVER!! I have no doubt they were working with "members", just not from the old Audiogon!
post #255 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just was overcharged on the selling fee. They charged me for the original listing price not the selling price. I suggest that if any others have this problem, we get together and make a fraud complaint on the net. I know for a fact that it works as they will notify local law enforcement who then makes a nice house call. Anyone, know where they operate out of?
post #256 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 AM

Blv their P.O. Box is Greenville so perhaps they're in that area.
Mailling address for checks, documents -
Audiogon, Inc.
PO Box 8376
Greenville, SC 29604

That said their terms are governed by the state of Michigan.

General
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Michigan by Michigan residents. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Audiogon may.
post #257 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikihut View Post

Blv their P.O. Box is Greenville so perhaps they're in that area.
Mailling address for checks, documents -
Audiogon, Inc.
PO Box 8376
Greenville, SC 29604

That said their terms are governed by the state of Michigan.

General
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Michigan by Michigan residents. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Audiogon may.

Where is Chu Gai when we need him. Calling Chu, calling Chu.
post #258 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I really wish a rouge Agon member would post here, and tell us what the hell is going in house, and help us get the darn site back up to were it use to be..I just hate the way it has become of lately..A real shame.

DJoel
post #259 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Now would be a good time for someone else to pickup where they left off lol.
post #260 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:

There are a TON of zero-feedback sellers. Feedback carried over; at least mine did, so I can't imagine why anyone else's wouldn't have.

I think the "new" owners are recruiting in different places. I saw someone selling an amp, and he was in Russia! Never, in my years...have I seen someone selling from Russia.

Even though PayPal will offer protection, that doesn't mean people don't get scammed. Yes, you'll get your money back...but so will the scammer; it's PP that pays. I'm no great fan of theirs, but that's hardly fair.

CD

I think that there are more zero feedback sellers than ever. Tonight there is a Marantz 2325 from a UK seller with zero feedback asking $3100.00 for the thing. Maybe i'm wrong but it seems a bit irregular to me.
post #261 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Yesterday I went to Audiogon while on lunch break at work.
I got hit with a Malware attack, a "Black Hole Exploit Kit" according
to my security software that fortunately caught it and blocked it.
But I did have to reboot my PC.

I did a Google search about Audiogon's changes. There are tons of
threads about Audiogon at the Audio Asylum site.

Apparently the founder, a man named Artie Chinta, was somehow forced
out and there is now new ownership.

A site that functions poorly is one thing. But getting malware attacks
is inexcusable. I'm staying away.

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #262 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 246
I see on Audio Asylum and on Klipsch's forums that numerous others have been hit with Malware from Audiogon, so it wasn't just me. Be sure to have your security software up to date before venturing over there!

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
post #263 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaveav View Post

I got a notification once as well; I didn't want to say anything, because I seem to be having the worst experience of anyone here...and that was just one more thing to stand alone on...lol. I will say this: the site seems to do much better with Chrome, so those who aren't...maybe try that browser.

Oh...and I've been saying from wayyy back, my money was on an ownership change. It just doesn't bear ANY resemblance at all to the old site. Not just in look...but in spirit.

CD

post #264 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

Oh...and I've been saying from wayyy back, my money was on an ownership change. It just doesn't bear ANY resemblance at all to the old site. Not just in look...but in spirit.

CD

So the new owners need to run, and beg ,beg, beg the dude they fire back to bring order and harmony to the site they destroy..Or the fired guy needs to run to the bank and ask for a loan so he can start his own site PRONTO!

Either one of these I'll would be happy with. doubt that will happen though.

Djoel
post #265 of 488 Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

All you need is $300 for a decent dedicated server, $15 for a domain and about 3 weeks with a php programmer to make a better site. The php would probably cost you $2k.
post #266 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaveav View Post

Me too. I got the system-check virus. I haven't visited in years, and visited Wed. and I am just now recovering.

So beware, mcafee didn't prevent it
post #267 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

I am done with them. All I get are inquiries from scammers and with virus lurking, I am out of there. Aholes.
post #268 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Around monday, I visited the site and my trend micro AV lit up, blocking some process. It didn't quarantine any files tho.

Having been hit by fake AV trojans before, I knew where to look for obvious new files, mainly your profile, Application Data/Sun/Java/Cache & sure enough 2 brand new files were in 2 folders. Also, there was an executable with the structure 0.xxxxxx.exe in one of the directories. In previous fake AV malware attacks I've had, a similar named file was also present. Manually deleted these files.

I downloaded free version of malwarebytes and ran it last night - it found one of my system restore points was infected with Trojan.Random & deleted it.

I've been reading about the Blackhole Exploit. Created in Russia & sold for $1500, it's supposed to exploit holes in java, adobe flash, adobe pdf, among others. And it's supposed to be wicked, being able to create malware from multiple exploits. If anyone is running an older java version on a Win PC, check for updates. According to what I read today, the latest versions of java for windows patched some of the holes. Java plugins for browsers are susceptible.

Since audiogon is now more ad supported, the dumbas*es who created the new site left it wide open for continued malware attacks from ads.

I'm staying away until people report it's OK. I hope the owner loses a lot of revenue over this stupidity!

BYW - where's the new owner in all this? If he's smart he'll post in forums that the virus problems are being dealt with. But then again, how smart a businessman can he be?

Steve
post #269 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy bessinger View Post

aholes.

incompetent aholes

Steve
post #270 of 488 Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Just posted this at the AG blog; we'll see if it gets through.

GuysI couldn't agree more with almost ALL of the comments above. There's no question; the re-launch is an unmitigated disaster! But here's what's actually MOST concerning to me; they won't flinch!

I don't mean flinch, as in just putting the old site back up. I think it's obvious, they have NO intention of doing that. But for heavens-sake manat least COMMENT to the masses, who are telling you your site stinks and they are leaving!

By remaining silent, and essentially sticking your head in the sand, you tell people not just that you don't know what you're doing (which CAN be forgiven); but that you don't CARE (which CANNOT).

I think they're counting on the fact that they are/were top-dog, and that the Audiogon brand and loyalty will carry them through. It didto a certain extent; but you've had a month (or better), and againyour actions tell us the old Audiogon that we knew and loved is DEAD! So why should we stay loyal? If anyoneand I mean anyonegets something anywhere near comparable going, and gets some traction in regard to traffic; you guys are a good as done. Better get it together before that happens.

CD

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page