Hi -- Am moving into a new house, and need suggestions for the Front 3 and Subwoofer for the Great Room. I've attached a diagram that includes the size/shape/layout. Primary considerations:
- Existing reciever- Denon 2112ci
- Surround in ceiling speakers - Polk RC 60i (chose these for the smaller aesthetic, I like Polks in general, and they were $49 over xmas at Newegg. Have been playing them as a main speaker so far (until I get full system), and so far am happy -- they should be more than adequate as surrounds
- Debate between my wife and I on aesthetics of Tower vs. Bookshelf -- Bookshelf would be sat on the TV stand next to TV. My concern is given the size of the room, would they be sufficient.
- Usage is 70% music (Rock/Jazz), 30% TV/Home Theatre
- Budget, would like to keep under $1,000 for the 4 speakers (R/L/Ctr/Sub), but could go up to $1500 if necessary.
- Primary experience is with Polk (have an OLD set of 5jr+, and prior surround sound (in small condo) was Paradigm Cinema
Was considering the Rti A3 or other larger bookshelf
- Floors are marble -- will likely be a 12x9 rug in main listening area, but given the openness -- boominess of sound an issue?
- Would think if I end up with bookshelf, better (and larger) quality sub becomes very important, with towers could have a smaller sub.
Help advice greatly appreciated -- am not locked into Paradigm or Polk -- just brands I know and respect. Would be helpful to deal with brands that I can go demo locally (NJ or Florida)
Great Room - Audio.pdf 78.2626953125k . file