Small wall plates for speaker cable - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just wall mounted some SuperZeroes and want to hide the (in-wall rated) cable in the wall. There's no insulation so it should be no problem running the wire down from the speaker to baseboard level, where I have some plastic raceway hiding other cabling.

I'm wondering what to do behind the speaker, though. I could just drill a hole about the size of the cable and feed it through, but it seems like it would look better with a wall plate. The speakers are rather small, though, and I think a full-size wall plate would look silly.

Does anyone know of some kind of small wall plate or covering of some sort I might be able to use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i've been looking for the same thing (mini wall plates for speaker wire), and finally found a vendor (in the UK).

http://www.av4home.co.uk/acatalog/AV4-AMBA-AR_Compact_Single_Speaker_Wall_Plate.html

Knowing that these mini plates do exist, I think i'll continue searching to see who else makes/sells them.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I ordered "RG6 Clear Feed-Through Bushing (Bag of 100), part #SR181-8CLR" from deepsurplus.com .They're almost invisible on the wall. They're made to feed RG6 coax through walls, but they also work well to feed through Monoprice 14 AWG CL2 in-wall rated speaker cable. I think they'd be too small for 12 AWG cable unless you drilled them out a bit.

In order to make this work with such a small opening in the wall (just a 3/8" hole), I had to feed the cables through the bushings from the room into the wall and then pull them up through a hole drilled in the top plate of the wall. I did that by snaging them with a hook on a fiberglass fish pole fed down through the wall from the attic via a larger hole drilled in the top plate of the wall. I made this easier by striping each cable sheath back about 4" and taping the ends of the speaker wires together to make a loop for the hook to catch on. The holes I drilled in the top plate of the wall were large enough (one inch diameter) that I could stick a flexible flashlight in the hole at the same time as the fish pole and see down around both to see what I was trying to snag with the hook.When I was finished, I sealed the large top plate holes with fireblock foam.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page