post #91 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

If someone is on a ridiculous crusade, it's you! Some people write harsh comments about brands X Y Z in other threads and there is no drama. And you say HIS behavior is "bizarre & really unprecedented" ??? eek.gif

Yeah really he even created a new account on AVS and Audioholics just to go after everything I say about Axiom. He does searches on Axiom and goes back years to find every little tidbit i've said and then brings up something from 2007-2008. Throws all that in my face and then expects me not to comment and as soon as I do he saids i'm on this hatefull campaign to ruin a wonderful company like Axiom. Now who's bizarre?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1146 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
LOL.....yeah that sounds a little crazy. eek.gif
post #93 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
An example that gtp is on some illogical crusade against Axiom:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 
Yes there is a new Sunshine Pumpers thread for Axiom owners to...

This is his way of describing a that requests people be respectful and post both good and bad about the speaker without drama or hate. The thread also says not to bash or talk about threads on other forums since it is not relevant to THIS form and is not helpful at all to anyone. I doubt gtp can go three posts without bringing up a thread on another forum and hating on it...it is what he fills most of his posts with.

Seriously, how many people actually go out of their way to bash a speaker company YEARS after they stopped using them? Most people move on with their life and stop posting about something they no longer use once their initial anger about them has died down...but some people nurture that anger and keep it close instead. Not very healthy.
post #94 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpsuper24 View Post

I'm asking him a question and he doesn't answer. He thinks i'm just a hater and a troller ...

You certainly appear that you are both. How many decades will you go on an on, bashing Axiom when you do not even use their speakers any more, before you move on with your life?
post #95 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM

Liked: 56
You could register a domain name and create your own Axiom forum. This way you would control the opinions and content.
post #96 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 208
What is crazy here... if his conduct was so outlandish why hasn't a single mod confronted him or warned him about his tone....if they don't like it here they have the Axiom forum...or HTS...smile.gif

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
post #97 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

An example that gtp is on some illogical crusade against Axiom:
This is his way of describing a that requests people be respectful and post both good and bad about the speaker without drama or hate. The thread also says not to bash or talk about threads on other forums since it is not relevant to THIS form and is not helpful at all to anyone. I doubt gtp can go three posts without bringing up a thread on another forum and hating on it...it is what he fills most of his posts with.

Seriously, how many people actually go out of their way to bash a speaker company YEARS after they stopped using them? Most people move on with their life and stop posting about something they no longer use once their initial anger about them has died down...but some people nurture that anger and keep it close instead. Not very healthy.

Illogical? Showing people that a $518 Axiom bookshelf uses cheaper quality crossover components and cheap drivers and hollow cabinets compared to similar priced or even cheaper speakers. The Axiom M80 has the components and build quality of a $600 tower but they charge twice as much. Explaining to people that the "DBT" tests they do is extremely lobsided and biased toward Axiom and that they really are not Paradigm Studio or Signiture competitors.

Explaining to folks that the EP500 has about half the performance of the SVS PB12 NSD at 2.5 times the price. Explaining to people why the VP150 has horrible off axis response and why dual tweeters on a horizontal baffle is a bad idea.

I agree most people move on and stop posting so why hasn't Ex-Lab and yourself done just that? I mean nothing I say is gonna keep you from enjoying any of your speakers. If Ex-Lab is having blood pressure issues and anger issues thats not my problem, I don't have him strapped to a keyboard and screen in some dark room somewhere. If it bothers you move on, if I find something unenjoyable, guess what I do? Move on to something else.

Instead of focusing on myself, why don't you address the issues I bring up? Or can you? I bring up legitimate issues and instead of correcting me about any of my posts you cry and call names. So who is hatefilled?

Its not been YEARS that i've stopped using Axioms its been maybe 8-9 months or so. Sold them all this past fall.
post #98 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 PM

Liked: 17
How do you all feel abput Axiom speakers?

Misspelling included, I believe that is the title of this thread. Imagine if people here were to actually post how they feel about Axiom speakers?!

When life gives you lemons, punch life in the nuts. -me-
post #99 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
They are kinda bright. And if you are feeling sad panda about gtpsuper24's tame posts, you should search up what a poster named Alimentall (an NHT dealer) who pretty much destroyed Axiom on these forums a few years ago, just do a search, lol.
post #100 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 PM

Liked: 10
How do you explain that there are numerous positive reviews of the Axiom products by many audio review publications? Can you explain the NRC measurements showing the accuracy and reasonably smooth and uncolored sound of the Axioms tested? Is this what one expects from a very poorly designed and executed line of products? Why do you argue with obviously happy Axiom customers after you have made your position perfectly clear? Are you annoyed in some way that they don't agree with you? Are you trying to force them to be unhappy with their purchase like you were? Fortunately, your opinion(s) means squat around here. Neither do mine. It's obsessed posters like yourself and a few others that have kept my participation here to an absolute minimum. Time for me to move on. Best of luck with your "crusade".
post #101 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 06:52 PM

Liked: 13
The Pontiac GTP was a piece of junk. It was a GM midsize front wheel drive, front engine econobox with an ancient 3.8 liter V6 from the 1960s which needed an Eaton Supercharger to eke out a miserable 240HP, or a laughably anemic 63 HP/liter. The car's handling was poor, and its interior a cut below rental car standards. Anyone who bought one would have done far better to buy any automotive appliance from Toyota or an Accord from Honda. The Pontiac GTP was such garbage that it helped kill the Pontiac brand.

Now, Mr. Pontiac, you didn't like that too much did you? The reason you didn't like it is because you apparently like Pontiac GTPs and this post was insulting to the product and anyone who would speak well of it. It's cruel.

Now, personally, I have nothing against Pontiac GTPs. They were relatively capable cars.

The purpose of this post is educational - the lesson is, how does it feel when your ox is being gored?

Perhaps you will abandon your Jihad to protect the world from Axiom speakers and enjoy your Pontiac GTP, and whatever sound systems you currently own.
post #102 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:

Illogical?

Yes
Quote:
Its not been YEARS that i've stopped using Axioms its been maybe 8-9 months or so. Sold them all this past fall.

So how many years will you feel the need to continue your illogical jihad against Axiom? I had a Denon 3808 eat itself - the CPU board died. It cost as much to replace that one board as I paid for the entire AVR brand new...and it did it only a few months out of warranty. I was upset with Denon for a few weeks, understandably so. However, unlike you, I got over it and moved on with my life. I do not feel the need to post in every Denon thread about how sucky Denon is. There is no need to "move on" when I am currently using them. You stopped using them and yet STILL run around in every Axiom thread you feel you can safely post in and complain about Axioms...all the while ensuring you complain about forums other than the one you are currently posting on. Illogical works well.

BTW, if Axioms are as bad as you claim, you should feel horribly guilty for taking foisting them onto someone else. Did you explain to the buyer how evil Axiom is and how horrific their speakers are before you took the buyer's money?
post #103 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post

What is crazy here... if his conduct was so outlandish why hasn't a single mod confronted him or warned him about his tone....if they don't like it here they have the Axiom forum...or HTS...smile.gif

You confuse outlandish with illogical, they are not the same thing. You also think outlandish is something they care about stopping here. Hint, they do not.
post #104 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x6spds View Post

The Pontiac GTP was a piece of junk. It was a GM midsize front wheel drive, front engine econobox with an ancient 3.8 liter V6 from the 1960s which needed an Eaton Supercharger to eke out a miserable 240HP, or a laughably anemic 63 HP/liter. The car's handling was poor, and its interior a cut below rental car standards. Anyone who bought one would have done far better to buy any automotive appliance from Toyota or an Accord from Honda. The Pontiac GTP was such garbage that it helped kill the Pontiac brand.

Now, Mr. Pontiac, you didn't like that too much did you? The reason you didn't like it is because you apparently like Pontiac GTPs and this post was insulting to the product and anyone who would speak well of it. It's cruel.

Now, personally, I have nothing against Pontiac GTPs. They were relatively capable cars.

The purpose of this post is educational - the lesson is, how does it feel when your ox is being gored?

Perhaps you will abandon your Jihad to protect the world from Axiom speakers and enjoy your Pontiac GTP, and whatever sound systems you currently own.

PMSL actually its about the truth. My 2000 2 Dr GTP was a POS. In the 5 years that I owned it, I replaced the fuel pump twice, intake manifold and gasket, all 4 wheel bearings and then 2 of them again after 15k mile, exhaust system, fog lights blew the bulbs right after replacement, electrical problems out the a$$, fuel pump sensor, alternator. I tried to keep it well maintained but just didn't work out, it was too much money. Never abused or left out side in the winters, detailed it 3-4 times a years, regular oil and tire rotations ect......

Torq steer was pretty bad somethings and the thing couldn't handle very well either.

But the difference between you and I is that i've owned Axiom speakers and I owned a Pontiac GTP. I don't talk down about stuff I have no experience with. Did you own a Pontiac? If so go right ahead and complaint about it all you want. But if you've never owned and are only saying these things to be spiteful, than thats another issue entirely.
post #105 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallite View Post

...you should search up what a poster named Alimentall (an NHT dealer) who pretty much destroyed Axiom on these forums a few years ago, just do a search, lol.

From one of his posts in 2005
Quote:
RJP3, note that anyone (and their speakers) who says anything bad about Axiom will be attacked.
post #106 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes
So how many years will you feel the need to continue your illogical jihad against Axiom? I had a Denon 3808 eat itself - the CPU board died. It cost as much to replace that one board as I paid for the entire AVR brand new...and it did it only a few months out of warranty. I was upset with Denon for a few weeks, understandably so. However, unlike you, I got over it and moved on with my life. I do not feel the need to post in every Denon thread about how sucky Denon is. There is no need to "move on" when I am currently using them. You stopped using them and yet STILL run around in every Axiom thread you feel you can safely post in and complain about Axioms...all the while ensuring you complain about forums other than the one you are currently posting on. Illogical works well.

BTW, if Axioms are as bad as you claim, you should feel horribly guilty for taking foisting them onto someone else. Did you explain to the buyer how evil Axiom is and how horrific their speakers are before you took the buyer's money?

I guess when you have zero basic comprehension on speaker design and whats good and whats bad, then I guess you would think its illogical.

Great way to keep it to yourself. I'm sure there probably would have been a few that would have known that if the Denon receiver they were thinking about blows the CPU board that it will cost as much as the entire receiver. Could have been some useful info had you shared it in a few Denon "what to buy receiver threads". Would have been useful info to base there purchase decision on and weight their options before plunking down several thousand dollars on a receiver.

I told the guy that the Axiom speakers are in perfect working order as they were intended too and that i'm moving on to better speakers. He got a helluva deal too. $400 for 7 Axiom speakers mint V2 in black oak vinyl. VP150s are going for almost that much on Ebay and Axioms "auction" site. He got M22s and 2 pairs of M2s included.
post #107 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:27 PM

i had a 1966 Pontiac Tempest Lemans 326 HO 4 speed coupe. I liked that Pontiac until some rust spread under its vinyl roof and its rear window fell out. My last GM product.
post #108 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:

I guess when you have zero basic comprehension on speaker design and whats good and whats bad, then I guess you would think its illogical.

Again, you fail to understand the point - or are doing it on purpose. You have an illogical obsession that is driving your jihad against a Axiom. I suppose it is your self professed zero basic comprehension on speaker design and whats good and whats bad that is making you act this way.
Quote:
Great way to keep it to yourself. I'm sure there probably would have been a few that would have known that if the Denon receiver they were thinking about blows the CPU board that it will cost as much as the entire receiver. Could have been some useful info had you shared it in a few Denon "what to buy receiver threads". Would have been useful info to base there purchase decision on and weight their options before plunking down several thousand dollars on a receiver.

Everyone knows that if the main processor board of their receiver dies the receiver will not work properly. That is common knowledge, akin to knowing that if your microwave propagator dies in your microwave oven your microwave will not work properly. Did you know that a brand new microwave costs around the same as that one part?
Quote:
I told the guy that the Axiom speakers are in perfect working order as they were intended too and that i'm moving on to better speakers. He got a helluva deal too. $400 for 7 Axiom speakers mint V2 in black oak vinyl. VP150s are going for almost that much on Ebay and Axioms "auction" site. He got M22s and 2 pairs of M2s included.

Then you did the same thing that Axiom did, welcome to being that which you hate. Actually, you did something worse. Axiom believes their speakers are good when they sell them. You sold something you believe is terrible without telling the buyer - you scammed him, took him money, and ran. You feel so much hatred for Axiom and feel their speakers are so terrible, but not terrible enough to make you not take money from someone for them. Pretty lame.
post #109 of 225 Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

From one of his posts in 2005

Hyperbole.
post #110 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Then you did the same thing that Axiom did, welcome to being that which you hate. Actually, you did something worse. Axiom believes their speakers are good when they sell them. You sold something you believe is terrible without telling the buyer - you scammed him, took him money, and ran. You feel so much hatred for Axiom and feel their speakers are so terrible, but not terrible enough to make you not take money from someone for them. Pretty lame.

I never told him they were awesome and that he's getting $10,000 speaker killers like Axiom hypes up. I let him listen to them in his room using his stereo receiver and we took time to try each pair out. Another thing, i've never said Axiom are just pure terrible horrible speakers. Overpriced for what you get? Yes. Axiom M22s are would be a pretty nice deal around $275-350 but $518 hell no.

I never created fake DBT's like Axiom does to trick their coolaid drinkers into thinking they are getting the best sounding speakers no matter what. I never past off, cheap quality xovers, missing tweeter filters, cheap stamped drivers and hollow vinyl wrapped cabinets as "Engineering Excellence" A company that sells speakers of this quality and price that supposedly takes great pride in their engineering abilitities is pretty lame rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Hyperbole.

No thats pretty truthful. Axiom crazies have been attacking posters way before I've been on these boards.
post #111 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:

I never told him they were awesome and that he's getting $10,000 speaker killers like Axiom hypes up. I let him listen to them in his room using his stereo receiver and we took time to try each pair out. Another thing, i've never said Axiom are just pure terrible horrible speakers. Overpriced for what you get? Yes. Axiom M22s are would be a pretty nice deal around $275-350 but $518 hell no.

If you do not hate them, why are you on a jihad against Axiom? Did you tell the guy you scammed about how much you hate Axiom and how you were going to be running on a jihad against them after you took his money?
Quote:
No thats pretty truthful. Axiom crazies have been attacking posters way before I've been on these boards.

Nope, it is hyperbole. You should look up the meaning of the word hyperbole and the meaning of the word anyone, then re-read the quote.

EDIT: You never did answer how many more decades you were going to continue to wage your jihad against Axiom. How long until your hate burns out?
post #112 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1146 Post(s)
Liked: 1171
One thing I've noticed though, why is there never any actually measurements with any of the speakers to go along with the great reviews they receive.
Like I've said before, I really do link my QS8 surrounds but I don't think I would buy any other Axiom speakers. For the same prices there's just other speakers I'd rather have.
But it does raise a bit of an eyebrow that there's really no actual third party measurement numbers or graphs around to see
post #113 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Axiom usually will not lend out speakers/subwoofers to reviewers if they want to include measurements. Axiom always pushed Audioholics to say good things about there speakers and only good things. They get pretty upset when theres mention of something that could be improved or something they should do that a competitior is doing. Ian actually got upset because Andy from Audioholics reviewd the Emotiva ERD1 surround speakers, he mentioned in the article that he though they were alittle better than his own personal (paid with his own money) Axiom QS8s.

Ian and the other Axiom "Audio Experts" challenges every measurement out ther like off axis responses but NEVER provides an Axiom off axis graph.

The M60 suffers from midrange cone break up. Because its a metal cone woofer that has not high or low pass filter on it. So its trying to reproduce the treble unrestricted. This kind of breakup occurs around 2,000hrz and gets worst as the freq goes up. When asked about this break up beyond 2k. Ian posts a graph showing no break up. The problem is he capped the top freq at 2k and shows nothing beyond that. Kind of weird right? He never answered or addressed the true problem, instead he is like the Wizard of Oz, DON'T LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN. Instead of just fixing it by adding a 5cent xover filter he instead ignores it and comes up with BS responses.
post #114 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Señor Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 402
I'm a little apprehensive about getting into this contentious thread but I do have some experience with Axiom so here goes.

In early 2003 or 04 I purchased an Axiom EP-600 and the QS8 surrounds based entirely upon AVS user recommendations. I liked the sub and the surround speaker was fine but I was learning and evolving in the hobby and so sold those and move on to other products.

A few years later I bought the 1400 MC amp they built and after receiving 2 DOA amps threw in the towel (the CS was good despite the problems and I got a full refund including shipping).

A co-worker friend was putting together an HT with FP and screen and I found a full set of Axioms used very cheap on Agon. It was the M-80's, VP150 and a pair of QS8's all for $500. I told him that was a no-brainer deal and since he had never had anything other than a bad stereo and TV speakers this would be an upgrade. He got them an loved them and is still happily using them to this day.

I have heard that system many times now and it sounds OK and certainly worth $500. It is all about your goals and degree of interest in AV. I haven't heard the newest models but at the current purchase price I have to believe there are much better options out there. This is all IMHO. smile.gif

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #115 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

I'm a little apprehensive about getting into this contentious thread but I do have some experience with Axiom so here goes.

I have heard that system many times now and it sounds OK and certainly worth $500. It is all about your goals and degree of interest in AV. I haven't heard the newest models but at the current purchase price I have to believe there are much better options out there.

While this thread is kind of crazy, it is staying on the original topic of "How do you feel about Axiom speakers?"

Well from what i've read and what i've experienced, the same Axioms you had back then are still the same today. V2 to V3 saw little to no change across the entire line. The EP500 and EP600 has not seen any changes since they were introduced in 2004-2005 except for magnetic grills. The EP600 was a kick ass subwoofer back then, but by todays standards 12-13yrs later it is handly outperformed by the $700 subwoofers from SVS, HSU and PSA. Its utterly destroyed by SVS and HSU's Plus and 15H models. Add in a high quality finish to the EP600 like Seaton has and its now in the Seaton SubM price range, which isn't even funny. And its actually priced with standard finish in the SVS PB13 Ultra and JTR Captivators price range. So from my POV it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that its a horrible bargin. None of the issues that has been brought up over the years has even been addressed or recognized by Axiom. The weak under built cabinet, the over active DSP that really hampers output, and the high power compression and high group delay.

Theres rumors going around on the Axiom forum that they are releasing new Axiom subwoofers. Hopefully its much more inline with the competition, instead of twice the price half the performance you get with Axioms subwoofes right now.
post #116 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:

Axiom usually will not lend out speakers/subwoofers to reviewers if they want to include measurements.

Provide support for this or admit it is just part of your never ending jihad against Axiom. Thanks!

BTW, you never did answer how many more decades you were going to continue to wage your jihad against Axiom. How long until your hate burns out?
post #117 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:

While this thread is kind of crazy, it is staying on the original topic of "How do you feel about Axiom speakers?"

The EP600 was a kick ass subwoofer back then, but by todays standards 12-13yrs later it is handly outperformed by the $700 subwoofers from SVS, HSU and PSA. Its utterly destroyed by SVS and HSU's Plus and 15H models. Add in a high quality finish to the EP600 like Seaton has and its now in the Seaton SubM price range, which isn't even funny. And its actually priced with standard finish in the SVS PB13 Ultra and JTR Captivators price range. So from my POV it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that its a horrible bargin. None of the issues that has been brought up over the years has even been addressed or recognized by Axiom. The weak under built cabinet, the over active DSP that really hampers output, and the high power compression and high group delay.

Theres rumors going around on the Axiom forum that they are releasing new Axiom subwoofers. Hopefully its much more inline with the competition, instead of twice the price half the performance you get with Axioms subwoofes right now.

Axiom's subwoofers really do need to be redone, there are much better ones out there for the price.
post #118 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BTW, you never did answer how many more decades you were going to continue to wage your jihad against Axiom. How long until your hate burns out?

Quote:

Axiom's subwoofers really do need to be redone, there are much better ones out there for the price.

^ This right there. Until Axiom redesigns or offers better value, I can't ever recommend them to anyone. Watch out what you say, cause it starts off as a harmless comment like what you just said and they turn on you viciously. You'll get attack at every opportunity and you will be viewed as an enemy. I remember Grunt who was a big Axiom fan, who never ruffled feathers and usually towed the Axiom line at the Axiom forum. One day he made a comment abou the VP150 being "not that great" and was attacked gang style at the Axiom forum. I believe he was at one time one of the top 6-7 posters over there. He's pretty much inactive now thanks to the gang over there.

Its kind of sad, I keep my focus on the products and the Axiom guys focus on me personally, childish name calling and other BS type tactics but yet i'm the crazy one? LOL. Just watch what you say, Axiom needs no improvements/redoing, to say they do is blasphemy.
post #119 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:

^ This right there. Until Axiom redesigns or offers better value, I can't ever recommend them to anyone.

There is a difference between not recommending and going out of your way to hunt down threads all over the Internet and bashing them. Come on, you really do not see the difference? But just so I understand, your irrational hatred and jihad against Axiom will continue until they design a speaker in the way you demand?

EDIT: Oh now! Now you have ANOTHER speaker maker you have to start an irrational jihad against!
http://amccallaudio.com/1_618c.html

Specs:
- 4x HiVi F5 5" Kevlar Mid/Bass
- 2x HiVi SD1.1A 1" Textile Dome Tweeter

Quick, grab the pitchforks and torches!!!11!1!
post #120 of 225 Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 PM

M22Ti Frequency Response and Sensitivity

M2Ti

M3Ti

M80V2

Thank you SoundStage! for the measurements.

Did someone say none of the reviewers post frequency curves for Axiom speaker?
Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page