Energy Veritas 6.2? 6.3? RC70? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys, what is the difference here? The RC70 & 6.2 can be had for $500 from Vanns & the 6.3 for $800. What is the key here?

I want to replace my Polk monitor 5.1 setup because frankly they don't do it for me. My listening is 50% music & HT at decent volume & very rarely when the upstairs neighbor is out, higher than decent volume

I am in lust with the rosewood finish & was set on the Veritas series but then I have read very good things about the RC70 as well.

So, I am not asking you to tell what I should buy, just want to the different opinions out there about these particular speakers & comparisons to identical speakers or whatever speaker you had before them.

What I didn't like about the monitors, they just seem flat if you know what I mean? Their stereo image is ok, mids are ok in the sense that vocals sound nasal? And even with my VSX 1121 I have to crank the volume quite a bit to get them to sound clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-16-2012, 06:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 765
This topic comparing the RC and Veritas line has been discussed at length in the Energy Owners Thread. As a result, I would suspect that you won't get much response here about the differences other than to tell you that the Veritas series is not a significant upgrade over the RCs--get the RC-70s for the difference in price. You'll have to read through and search, but one place to start in the thread could be CalgaryCowboy's description of his experience with the RC-70s and V6.3s.

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page