AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

50% clearance EMP Tek E55TI towers - any good?

55K views 424 replies 57 participants last post by  losservatore 
#1 ·
 http://emptek.com/e55ti_clearance.php

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...g/emptek-e55ti - review

Looks like the red burl is OOS, but they still have high gloss black ash. They really are beautiful for less that 200 a piece. And according to the audioholics review perform well for their price range.

I just bought a pair of jbl studio 180's on sale, or i'd have already purchased these babies. Anybody heard these guys and can give an idea if they're killer at this sale price?

#328 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher50 /forum/post/21693169

i'm not bashing them i'm sure they sound great but for a company to have that many b-stock makes me wonder especially in quailty control

upon inspection on my E55ti's the only cosmetic defects are a couple of finger prints that are under the gloss finish on the side which in no way compromises the performance of the speakers. so these finger prints saved me almost $600 bucks than by all means i hope the centers and surrounds are the same way if Emptek sells them for less than half.

#329 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86 /forum/post/21692852

I sure wish they would send out the discount codes if they are going to so I can get my surround speakers.

no kidding! i'm constantly on Emptek everyday looking for the sales!

#330 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by peck1234 /forum/post/21606224

I would totally jump on it bigtim. Polk monitor 70's have been selling on newegg for 150 a pop each 2 weeks ago. You get what you pay for.

Lol just look at the difference of the two!

Yea,I've got the Red Burl being delivered next wednesday 2/29....aren't they purty?....Just got a Revel T-1 sub in burl to go with it....peter

#333 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood /forum/post/21695405

For those who own these.. some of the pics (even on the Emptek site) make the finish seem a little "orange-peely" if you know what I mean. How smooth is the finish, actually?

It's good enough that anyone who looks at it, will be impressed and thing these are speakers worth 2 to 3K at least.

It's not perfect though, and not what I would call furniture grade, like for example a Salk HT2-TL or Vapor Cirrus.

#335 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk /forum/post/21696358

Ok now I am torn. I just found a new sale on the Energy CF-70 for $230 each. Anyone know which would be the better pair Energy CF-70 or EMP E55Ti? I know the EMP are cheaper but I mainly care about the sound quality. Any opinions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-82269014-L03A

E55Ti by a longgggggggg way. I have both.

#341 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk /forum/post/0

Ok now I am torn. I just found a new sale on the Energy CF-70 for $230 each. Anyone know which would be the better pair Energy CF-70 or EMP E55Ti? I know the EMP are cheaper but I mainly care about the sound quality. Any opinions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-82269014-L03A

Energy 100% that price is a steal.

The highs and the lows are so much more refined on the energy series. The dome tweeters sound fantastic.

#342 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller44 /forum/post/21698404

Just went to EMP FACTORY in Layton Utah yesterday to buy some E55Ti, i live about 15 min from there..nice looking speakers..but the sound didnt impress me..not bad, but not great..decent for the price..

My Mirages OMD 15 sounded ALOT better

As it should. Not a fair comparison really considering what the OMD15s retailed for when new.

#343 ·
taken from Crutchfield's Lab regarding the VSX1121:
Bi-Amping Front Speakers: The Surround-Back/Front-High/Zone2 speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass and treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.1ch speaker system in the main room

would this benefit the E55ti's?
i'm not running a 7.1 but rather a 5.1 and was thinking this would be an option since i read somewhere that the 1121 doesn't have preouts? just thinking this configuration should give the E55ti's a lil more oooommmffff! or whatever you call it
the center and surrounds are in no way affected correct?

#345 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg /forum/post/0

taken from Crutchfield's Lab regarding the VSX1121:

Bi-Amping Front Speakers: The Surround-Back/Front-High/Zone2 speaker terminals can be reassigned and used along with the Front terminals to bi-amp the front speakers, providing improved bass and treble performance. When bi-amping the front speakers the receiver is limited to a 5.1ch speaker system in the main room

would this benefit the E55ti's?
i'm not running a 7.1 but rather a 5.1 and was thinking this would be an option since i read somewhere that the 1121 doesn't have preouts? just thinking this configuration should give the E55ti's a lil more oooommmffff! or whatever you call it
the center and surrounds are in no way affected correct?

Some people will tell you it helps, some people will tell you it doesn't. Only way to know is to try it yourself. Personally, I have tried it once and there was no noticeable difference.

#346 ·
also, any benefit running the E5ti's as surrounds as oppose to the E55wi's? wondering if the bipolar design would be best for sound vs having towers in the rear?

ps...when r these going on sale???

#347 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk /forum/post/21701123

Some people will tell you it helps, some people will tell you it doesn't. Only way to know is to try it yourself. Personally, I have tried it once and there was no noticeable difference.

i guess all have to try at least i'll know. now is it a wiring configuration or simply a menu setting. i don't have the AVR yet, should be here tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.