AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

50% clearance EMP Tek E55TI towers - any good?

55K views 424 replies 57 participants last post by  losservatore 
#1 ·
 http://emptek.com/e55ti_clearance.php

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...g/emptek-e55ti - review

Looks like the red burl is OOS, but they still have high gloss black ash. They really are beautiful for less that 200 a piece. And according to the audioholics review perform well for their price range.

I just bought a pair of jbl studio 180's on sale, or i'd have already purchased these babies. Anybody heard these guys and can give an idea if they're killer at this sale price?

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/21531348

They have the towers on sale in gloss black but the center and surrounds only in red burl. Funny how that works...

They do have the larger center in black, and it's probably the more appropriate match for those towers - at least, I believe that was stated in the Audioholics review of the E55Ti as the reason for EMP designing the larger center.

http://emptek.com/e56ci.php

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikoo /forum/post/21531295

They sure look sexy. Too bad there is no way to audition them.

That said, you are making me go crazy. I just jumped in for a Def Tech setup, and then you come along and keep showing up awesome deals for less than my Def Tech setup.

You know my pain.
These have the sexy looks, but the JBL's have a slightly more attractive price point. If my Jbl's weren't showing up tomorrow I'd probably cancel my order and go with these ones..

Edit: looks like the 10" sub is on clearance too for $187 , but again no idea how it performs..

#6 ·

Quote:
NOTE: This clearance, "B" stock, discontinued, or refurbished item features discounts from product's regular price. ALL SALES OF THIS ITEM ARE FINAL. Returns of clearance, "B" stock, discontinued, or refurbished items are allowed for warranty coverage only and are the only types of returns accepted. Please keep this in mind when purchasing this product.

Ouch...

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeslyre /forum/post/0

You know my pain.
These have the sexy looks, but the JBL's have a slightly more attractive price point. If my Jbl's weren't showing up tomorrow I'd probably cancel my order and go with these ones..

Edit: looks like the 10" sub is on clearance too for $187 , but again no idea how it performs..

Nice looking sub but only goes down to 35hz. Pretty lightweight too at 27lbs.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeslyre /forum/post/21531381

You know my pain.

You're starting to venture out of the budget bang for the buck area. While nice, I don't think they'll match the value per dollar compared to the JBLs right now. Remember, I replaced $500/pair towers with the JBLs, and I like them better.

Put the money saved towards the best performing sub you can for your budget.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 /forum/post/21605466

This is the E55ti review
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...g/emptek-e55ti

Apart from that review Audioholics also did an end of the year (2010) tower shootout on these guys as well. The e55ti's up against Axiom M60's, JBL ES80's and Klipsch Rf-62 towers. Including the sighted and non sighted test results, the E55ti's arguably won the shootout,

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...010-1k-faceoff

They are a great performer and an unbelievable value at this price point IMO. Just realize that this clearance sale is selling b-stcok, so some aesthetic flaws are to be expected. That said, if I could spare the expense right now I'd be all over this deal.

#17 ·
Aestetics don't matter as much as the sound to me, so I wouldn't worry overmuch. If you need the speaker in perfect shape however, that's when you should worry. See above, b stock should be all cosmetic flaws, nothing affecting the sound or performance.

They still carry the full manufactures warranty as well.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermeslyre /forum/post/21605696

Apart from that review Audioholics also did an end of the year (2010) tower shootout on these guys as well. The e55ti's up against Axiom M60's, JBL ES80's and Klipsch Rf-62 towers. Including the sighted and non sighted test results, the E55ti's arguably won the shootout,

The EMP looks to be a good option, for one on a tight budget - based on my

experience with JBL and Klipsch, the Axiom does not draw my attention. And

I am not a fan, of blind shoot outs to begin with. Human nature and different

personalities, will always come into play.

#24 ·
I trying to convince myself to go with the Emp's over Polk Monitor 70's and the JBL studio 190's. Of course I have only heard the Polk Audio Tsi500's, Energy cf-50, Def Tech bpb80x0ST's and some B&W. I am not sure which I liked best. Problem is I heard the polk play folk, the B&W, def tech and energy's play classical. Not a good comparison. I can get the 8020's to $700 but they are Best Buy floor models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.