Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS View Post

Thanks for the advise.

I'm aware that my theater is going to pose some sound issues.
Moving the seating away from the wall posses a bit of a problem since there is an opening in the center of the back wall that leads to the bar and bedroom. I also want to maximize seating space and the only way to do that is to keep everything against the walls.

I will try to post some pics so you have an idea of what I'm up against.

I understand about compromises and maximizing seating etc. I had some challenges in setting mine up as well. Do you plan on two rows of seating? If so, placing surrounds properly (so that it sounds good at all seating locations) with the back row up against the back wall is likely going to be difficult as well. In my opinion, the sound is much more critical than having a huge screen. You can have an impressive screen, but if the sound is not "right" the system will not "show" near as well. When I have people over to view my room, they think its cool when the 98" screen comes out of the ceiling, but their jaw does not drop until they hear what the room sounds like....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Love to see some pics of the room when you get a chance...
post #33 of 34 Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFirst View Post

I understand about compromises and maximizing seating etc. I had some challenges in setting mine up as well. Do you plan on two rows of seating? If so, placing surrounds properly (so that it sounds good at all seating locations) with the back row up against the back wall is likely going to be difficult as well. In my opinion, the sound is much more critical than having a huge screen. You can have an impressive screen, but if the sound is not "right" the system will not "show" near as well. When I have people over to view my room, they think its cool when the 98" screen comes out of the ceiling, but their jaw does not drop until they hear what the room sounds like....

No just one row of seating. It's not a very good layout for a dedicated home theater, this is my first home so the basement is only about 700 sq ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFirst View Post

Love to see some pics of the room when you get a chance...

I will post some within the next couple of days, my camera is dead at the moment.
post #34 of 34 Old 02-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS View Post

No just one row of seating. It's not a very good layout for a dedicated home theater, this is my first home so the basement is only about 700 sq ft.

If you are talking sq. ft. and not cu ft, that seems pretty big. My Demo room is 14 x 19ft, or about 266 sq. ft. And I have two rows of seating, with the back row about 2 feet off the back wall.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page